Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

I have to really give it up to the writers. I saw the show on Thursday and it was the same rap battle, but then last night it was completely changed as far as Romney's rap is concerned. I feel it was funnier the original way, I am pleased to see that they decided to alter the skit instead of simply scraping it. It was handled very well in my opinion

Edited by alloran988

The original actor for Romney sat out for two of the shows in the middle of the night, as they wanted his swing to practice the new rap in front of a live audience.

Unfortunately, his swing declined to use the cue cards (figuring that he "had it"). It....didn't go well.

• Like 1

what makes me think is this, What did she accomplish? how is this going to help the Romney campaign? if anything she just pissed off a bunch of HHN fans. That's all she accomplished.

Florida is usually a red state but not this year. I saw on the news more people are voting Obama ( as far as the latest poll they showed)

what makes me think is this, What did she accomplish? how is this going to help the Romney campaign? if anything she just pissed off a bunch of HHN fans. That's all she accomplished.

Florida is usually a red state but not this year. I saw on the news more people are voting Obama ( as far as the latest poll they showed)

Florida's not, but many of the out-of-state visitors are from the red states that are closest to Florida. Not to mention that statistically, it's close to a 50/50 split in the nation between the two candidates. Not exactly like a show in 1984 making fun of Walter Mondale. You're going to have a LOT of Republicans who don't appreciate a show at a major theme park supporting Obama and making fun of Romney the whole time.

I work in the entertainment business. If you're not a pundit or an explicitly political comedian, you never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever make a major show that will be seen by potentially hundreds of thousands (minimum) that is heavily biased toward one candidate. That's a fast track to losing your job after your employer sees the backlash (and trust me, Universal is feeling the pain).

Edited by Cody

Florida's not, but many of the out-of-state visitors are from the red states that are closest to Florida. Not to mention that statistically, it's close to a 50/50 split in the nation between the two candidates. Not exactly like a show in 1984 making fun of Walter Mondale. You're going to have a LOT of Republicans who don't appreciate a show at a major theme park supporting Obama and making fun of Romney the whole time.

I work in the entertainment business. If you're not a pundit or an explicitly political comedian, you never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever make a major show that will be seen by potentially hundreds of thousands (minimum) that is heavily biased toward one candidate. That's a fast track to losing your job after your employer sees the backlash (and trust me, Universal is feeling the pain).

I totally understand what you are saying. I understand that this is Election year and a lot of people hate Obama and are mad about him being in office. But this to me still seems like such overreacting. I mean, this is worst than the people that complain about "how scary the Billboards are" it just doesn't look good. Makes them look nuts.

This makes me wonder, If they were making fun of Obama and not Romney, Would have anyone make such a big deal? maybe, but I don't know,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Saw the new version last night, first show. I am beyond appalled, and so were the hundreds of others who complained last night. I am an Obama fan, but I could care less if the show skewed toward Romney. But now it's just not funny. It's like a big dead zone in the middle of the show, IMO. More to the point, though, I think Universal should take a lesson from Alice Cooper--never let anyone know you DIDN'T kill a chicken and drink its blood onstage. Bad press from Fox News is GOOD press for HHN. It's supposed to be controversial, and it's supposed to piss some people off. Some would come to find out what all the buzz is about. Some would come to heckle. Some would come to complain. Why cares? Their money's just as good as anyone else's. And yes, some wouldn't come at all. But how many of those "boycotters" would have come anyway, before the story broke? Just a guess, but I would imagine that the vast majority of HHN's audience isn't the same as Fox News' audience. And I'd also hazard a guess that the diehard fans will be the most upset by the changes, while the "one and done" visitors are most likely to either support them or not know the difference anyway. So, in my opinion, Universal's forgotten which side its bread is buttered on here.

• Like 3

I'm a really big fan of Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. I won't lie when I said I was very nervous walking into it after hearing about how "different" the show was this year. Coming out of it, this was EASILY the best one I have seen in my three years of attending HHN. The new storyline approach worked really well, it felt like the show flowed alot better rather than trying to squeeze characters into the old storyline. In the past I have chuckled at the jokes, some get a good laugh, but this year I found myself laughing out loud way more than I had previously. The cast was excellent as always, and I was very glad to see Bill and Ted return. The guy playing MIB Agent/Romney/Lincoln/Dick Clark and the guy playing Magic Mike both need to win Oscars, or Emmys, or the Heisman.. or something! They were outstanding! Overall I'd give the show an "A-".. they would get an "A", but they lose that half a letter because of ALMOST not using the phone booth.

As for one of the best parts of the shows getting scrapped..

"If you're easily offended, you should probably move along"

This means that if you are so easily offended as to write a massive blog post about and submit it to Fox News, you should have left when you were warned.

Bottom line, period.

Edited by Coast

but this is a comedy show. she talks like Universal wants people to vote Democrat. Seriously? seriously? Seriously? she really thinks a silly little show like Bill and Ted where they dance and make fun of Snooki and Honey Boo Boo is going to make people Vote for Obama? what is that lady smoking? she is talking about a show where they shake their butts dancing that is going to affect young voters.

this is a small part of a comedy dance show.

yet all the crazies in the comment section were talking about Boycotting the entire event. Imagine if people started boycotting the even in the streets outside of Universal because of the Bill and Ted show. just think how stupid that sounds, boycotting an entire event because of a joke in a jokey show..

Calm down. I watched the show on the 11th before they apparently changed the script. The portrayal of both candidates was extremely awkward. Yep, we get it, Romney is a woman-hater, evil, greedy, rich and Obama is awesome, hip, and cool. It was blatantly one-sided and biased.

In the past Bill & Teds on election years they made fun of both candidates. Bush and Kerry in 2004 and McCain and Obama in 2008.

I believe the reason is that NBC now owns Universal, which they acquired in November 2008. NBC also owns MSNBC which also heavily leans towards the left. Thus, the reason, I believe, the large bias in the portrayal of the candidates.

You simply shouldn't do that in a comedy show show at a theme park though, where 50% of your audience is divided politically. They should have at least made an effort to crack jokes at both candidates.

It wasn't a big deal for me and I'm not going to boycott them, I just think it was a bad move where they had potential to really make it a funny part of the whole show like previous years.

Edited by matthhn
  • Like 3

I believe the reason is that NBC now owns Universal, which they acquired in November 2008. NBC also owns MSNBC which also heavily leans towards the left. Thus, the reason, I believe, the large bias in the portrayal of the candidates.

The scriptwriting for the show this year was actually entirely done by the director, Jason Horne. He wrote the True Grit scene from last year's show, and did indeed suffer from an inability to keep his personal political bias out of the show. MSNBC, NBC, or any other alphabet soup had no connection whatsoever to the decision to make the show the way it was. It was all him.

Edited by Cody

Saw the show again last night. They've definitely done some tweaks. Obama got a few lines back, and Romney's rap is now mildly funny. And Captain America is back to saying "Communist cakehole." Still not nearly as good as the original, but a definite improvement over last Sunday's version.

• Like 1

woahh. 3 pages of political controversy. not what I expected to see on a Bill & Ted thread! haha. anyway, Hollywood person here, does anyone have a vid of the Orlando show this year? I know you're not allowed to film, buh I'm sure some of you do anyway. haha. Very interested to see what its like compared to ours! :D

• Like 1

Saw the show again last night. They've definitely done some tweaks. Obama got a few lines back, and Romney's rap is now mildly funny. And Captain America is back to saying "Communist cakehole." Still not nearly as good as the original, but a definite improvement over last Sunday's version.

Caught the updated version last night. Best way I can describe it, humor in the Presidential skit has gone from South Park to Simpsons. Or maybe Bloom County to Mallard Fillmore. One, just one, of Romeny's rap lines got a chuckle out of me, but nowhere near the manic energy of "this is what million-dollar nuts feel like!".

• Like 1

Saw the first show. Almost the entirety of Romney's introduction is gone---no "million dollar nuts", no apology to women. Obama's rap was cleaned up, no more use of "bitch". Romney had an entirely new rap--which the actor basically forgot and had to ad lib his way through (he did an incredible job, and it's to be expected, having only learned it today). Whole segment has been neutered. Hunger Games/Obamacare joke (and Planned Parenthood) joke are still in, for what it's worth.

The segment is so much shorter that two of the Snow Whites have to duck out early (to do a costume change), throwing off Stacey Jaxx's ending lines.

Not sure if it's related, but Captain America quit using "Communist cakehole" as well. Said something like "unpopular geek."

There's no question but that someone high up did the cowardly thing and caved. My guess is someone in GE rather than local to Universal Studios, but it's a real shame nonetheless.

Everytime i went, which is 9 times, captain america said communist cakehole, so either they changed it back or maybe he just switched up a line. Also the snow white scene isnt really shorter. Yeah the two leave early but i didnt notcie a time difference for the segment.

Everytime i went, which is 9 times, captain america said communist cakehole, so either they changed it back or maybe he just switched up a line. Also the snow white scene isnt really shorter. Yeah the two leave early but i didnt notcie a time difference for the segment.

He said Unpopular kid when we were there on the Sunday.

Still not sure if "communist cakehole" was connected, but it seemed an odd coincidence (was the "regular" Cap that night). And it's not that the Snow scene is shorter, it just doesn't flow as well with two of the actresses ducking out early. Hurts the "public domain" joke having just one Snow, and makes Stacey Jaxx be more forced.

I did this show yesterday and today just because I was too tired to walk anymore and the park was too crowded. I liked it. some of the jokes are really lame, I hate that they used Snooki or Rhianna for example, ( I hate jokes like those, not only have they made fun of Snooki before but it is just lame) but the actors do a great job with the dance routines and they do a pretty good job overall.

My favorite joke is when honey Boo boo comes out, that and Magic Mike make me laugh always (specially when the guy goes to the audience to dance and make people touch him that makes me laugh so much)

I think one of my favorite actors is the guy playing Thor. He also makes me laugh a lot too, he doesn't say much but I laugh. When Brave comes out that makes me laugh too. I think the best jokes are the movie ones, I really wish they focused this show more on movies. I loved 2008's show because of that. It had some of my favorite characters too (Hellboy Predator Mulder and Scully) I loved that show.

the Rap battle is still the best part of the show besides the finale. I guess the changes were good after all. No one gets offended and everyone has a good time. I still think it is silly to get so mad about a joke dance show but the rap battle is still pretty awesome. I love when Bill and Ted and the girls dance in the rap battle, they do such a good job, I love that.

Sometimes when I Watch this show over the years it makes me wonder why they choose the jokes they do and the celebrities they do, with all the stuff that goes on in pop culture sometimes they choose the lamest to write jokes about. It must be really hard to do this show. I am sure that copyright problems are there but still, there is so much stuff they could make fun of, yet they make fun of Snooki again.

Edited by Mr. Black

You get to touch Magic Mike? Heck, I may have to check out the show after all...

you even get to kiss him... the first time I saw that my jaw dropped, he steals a kiss from someone in the audience, I was shocked about that lol

:lol:

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1