2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

Been watching the wait times. Although they're short since it's EP, it appears to be normal. Upper lot had 30 minute waits for Walking Dead and Alice Cooper. UMR and La Llorona had 10 minute waits, since those are just HoH and a repeat, that seems normal. During that time, the lower lot had little waits. NOW, half way into the night, TCM and Silent Hill have 30 minute waits while Walking Dead and Alice Cooper have little waits, while UMR and La Llorona are staying at 10 minutes. However, I don't think Transformers is open but I have a feeling business will be as usual with people hitting upper lot stuff first. The ride may be new but I guess it doesn't break GP "do what you see first" logic. Even on regular days that I've seen, Transformers has less than a 10 minute wait for the first hour or two of the day.

Hello! I have some questions if anyone is willing to answer them :)

I recently moved here from Florida, so I've only been to the Orlando event. In Orlando they have an Annual Pass holding area when the park closes for HHN to begin. It was a great way to stay in the park and get a head start. Do they have anything similar at Hollywood? Or is there just a separate Annual Pass entrance? I read in the thread about a FOL/VIP entrance? Any tips/explanations/descriptions/corrections would be awesome!

I also read through the thread and saw mentions of the souvenir sippy. I have the normal blue one, do they make a specific HHN one? Can I use the blue one during the event?

I managed to secure a Killer Deal Pass. So I'll hopefully be able to go all of those 8 days :)

^There is no AP area to get in early. We have to wait with the rest of em! <_<

I don't know if you can use the sipper from daytime at HHN, but there is an HHN specific sipper.

Anymore questions since you are new?

And welcome to HHNH, you'll like it. We are much different than Orlando, but we sure made a name for ourselves over the years, and congrats on getting the KDP, hope you have fun on the nights you go! :)

^

@Hauntfan - Wow, thanks for answering so quickly!

Damn, I loved that about Orlando's event. Guess I will just have to get there early, which I planned to do anyways.

I'll have to bring my daytime one and find out then!

More questions?? Of course I do! haha.

Where are the opening scaremonies? I've only had the chance to go to the park once so far, so you'll have to be a bit specific. What time do they start?

Is Jurassic Park in the Dark also dark INSIDE the ride?

Where is the best place to park? We parked in Jurassic but I think on the map I saw a Frankenstein garage?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I saw that annual pass can get a behind the scenes tour on Oct 7. Does it include those with the killer deal ticket?

I'm sure I'll think of more! Thanks for answering :D

Thank you for the welcome :) I've been around lurking for a few years, but I'll definitely try to be more active now!

^

@Hauntfan - Wow, thanks for answering so quickly!

Damn, I loved that about Orlando's event. Guess I will just have to get there early, which I planned to do anyways.

I'll have to bring my daytime one and find out then!

More questions?? Of course I do! haha.

Where are the opening scaremonies? I've only had the chance to go to the park once so far, so you'll have to be a bit specific. What time do they start?

Is Jurassic Park in the Dark also dark INSIDE the ride?

Where is the best place to park? We parked in Jurassic but I think on the map I saw a Frankenstein garage?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I saw that annual pass can get a behind the scenes tour on Oct 7. Does it include those with the killer deal ticket?

I'm sure I'll think of more! Thanks for answering :D

Thank you for the welcome :) I've been around lurking for a few years, but I'll definitely try to be more active now!

1. Opening Scareamonies are at the entrance of the park next to House of Horror you cant miss it LITERALLY you are held there until its over starts at 7

2.its the same ride as in daytime just dark not worth it IMO

3.parking doesnt really matter if your there early but frankenstein leaves you right next to the entrance.

4.the Oct meet n Greet with John Murdy is ONLY for annual pass members and you have to buy a seperate ticket 46$ but its also with admission

^

@KosmikLOL

1. Haha, ok I wasn't sure if it was tucked away or something.

2. Hmm I do enjoy the ride, I'll have to try it once since I'm going multiple nights.

3. Ok! I imagine Frankenstein will fill up though for HHN nights?

4. I am an annual pass member :) and I know there's a separate ticket, but that day is a part of the killer deal pass I already have. I wonder if they will allow the overlap.

Thanks for answering!

^

@KosmikLOL

1. Haha, ok I wasn't sure if it was tucked away or something.

2. Hmm I do enjoy the ride, I'll have to try it once since I'm going multiple nights.

3. Ok! I imagine Frankenstein will fill up though for HHN nights?

4. I am an annual pass member :) and I know there's a separate ticket, but that day is a part of the killer deal pass I already have. I wonder if they will allow the overlap.

Thanks for answering!

In fact... Frankenstein does not fill up during HHN usually. Although it IS a pain in the ass to go through when it's crowded. If you get there early enough Jurassic is fine, but IF you make it early and you want preferred, they put you in the "Woody Woodpecker" lot, which is literally a few steps away from the security checkpoint.

Any other questions since you are going tomorrow? I'd be glad to answer! :)

First post! :)

I know I'm definitely the odd man out here, but does anyone have any advice for someone who has a mask phobia? I've gone to HHN twice, 2010 and 2011, and am planning on going twice this year.

2010 I made it to the front locker area and then ran from shop to shop until I got to the Simpsons. Used my FOL pass all.night.long in the Simpsons. :P 2011 I was more determined to do some of the mazes and things, I made it down to the LL and 3/4 of the way through Hostel. Looking back, it wasn't even that bad, but it feels so real when you're there. I guess that's the point. :P

I really, really don't want this year to be a "waste." I want to do the houses and enjoy the experience, so if anyone has any advice (beyond telling myself it isn't real, etc.), I'd appreciate it.

First post! :)

I know I'm definitely the odd man out here, but does anyone have any advice for someone who has a mask phobia? I've gone to HHN twice, 2010 and 2011, and am planning on going twice this year.

2010 I made it to the front locker area and then ran from shop to shop until I got to the Simpsons. Used my FOL pass all.night.long in the Simpsons. :P 2011 I was more determined to do some of the mazes and things, I made it down to the LL and 3/4 of the way through Hostel. Looking back, it wasn't even that bad, but it feels so real when you're there. I guess that's the point. :P

I really, really don't want this year to be a "waste." I want to do the houses and enjoy the experience, so if anyone has any advice (beyond telling myself it isn't real, etc.), I'd appreciate it.

It isn't real.

LOL JK but seriously. It isn't.

Strange phobia; to be afraid of masks.

Honestly, this isn't the BEST idea, but I can only think of maybe watching all the mazes on YouTube before hand.

Maybe seeing it before living it will calm you down since you know what to expect a little bit?

In fact... Frankenstein does not fill up during HHN usually. Although it IS a pain in the ass to go through when it's crowded. If you get there early enough Jurassic is fine, but IF you make it early and you want preferred, they put you in the "Woody Woodpecker" lot, which is literally a few steps away from the security checkpoint.

Any other questions since you are going tomorrow? I'd be glad to answer! :)

I may have to try Frankenstein then! If I can figure out how to get there haha. My boss is letting me leave work early so I should get there in time. What time do people normally start lining up?

I think I read that they let people in at 6:30 then you go in and see the opening scaremonies? Do they always let people in early for the rest of the event days?

I can't think of anymore questions, too much excitement to plan properly! Thanks for all your help!

I may have to try Frankenstein then! If I can figure out how to get there haha. My boss is letting me leave work early so I should get there in time. What time do people normally start lining up?

I think I read that they let people in at 6:30 then you go in and see the opening scaremonies? Do they always let people in early for the rest of the event days?

I can't think of anymore questions, too much excitement to plan properly! Thanks for all your help!

I get there really early. Around 4-4:30ish, but line up around 5, although some people are lined from before then.

You should be fine around 5 since there's the metal detector line, then the front gates line, and then finally the opening scaremony line.

The last line is when you shouldn't be the "nice guy" and just rush to the front as quickly as possible.

I was able to do it with my friend without VIP or special admission tickets and without actually physically pushing people out of the way to get there.

And yes, they let people into the scaremony line at 6:30 every night.

Edited by Kurseddragon