HHN 2012: La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos

Mr.HHN

Really? The fans are making Murdy repeat mazes?

Then how do you explain why Orlando is 100% different each and every year? Those houses are every bit as beloved as the ones out here. But no matter how incredible a house was and no matter how much people beg and plead for it to come back, it will never be repeated. No Repeats is definitely a gimmick, but it's the one that truly rewards the die-hard fans. It's also a guaranteed way to bring customers back.

Notice that we NEVER see the HHN surveys ask "would you rather see your favorite houses return, or see brand new houses every year?" Instead, they only ask "which house do you want to see return?". Talk about leading the witness...

I have yet to take an Orlando survey that asks if I want to see houses come back.

The bottom line is what probably dictates the current trend in Hollywood. We are told that every year has been more successful than the last. Not sure if that means profit, attendance, or both, but once the event starts to dip, the format will change.

Im kind of starting to wish that this would have web a sequel house too. I think a sequel to la llorona would have been very cool. Since the legend has been traced all the way back to the aztecs, why not La Llorona: Origins or something like that. Or maybe it could take place after the first maze, In a mission type Spanish California setting.

Im kind of starting to wish that this would have web a sequel house too. I think a sequel to la llorona would have been very cool. Since the legend has been traced all the way back to the aztecs, why not La Llorona: Origins or something like that. Or maybe it could take place after the first maze, In a mission type Spanish California setting.

that would of been cool.

Either would've been awesome. I think the last maze worked as a bit of an origin story too though, mixing it in with the havoc she was causing around town. Because the river scene could be interpreted as either a flashback of when she killed her kids or her killing kids now that she's a ghost.

But a sequel would definitely be awesome. Maybe with her moving down the river to a new town.

BUT, instead we get "NEW ENDING!"

She drowned herself after she drowned her children. She dosent really eat children ok "legend says Maria an Aztec woman fell in love with one of the conquistadors Hernan Cortez. He and her got "married" and had two kids. Maria loved Hernan so much, he was just a "player" one day when he was returning to Spain Maria wanted to acompany him on his journey. He used that she should stay to care for the children as an excuse. So Maria drowned.her children by the river so she.can acompany Hernan he furiously got mad at her and wanted a "divorce" from the pain she also drowned herself to be with her children. She was punished and was made.to roam the earth forever in hunt.for her children. Mexican children fear her as she finding them and drowning them too to have.found her children. She had to drown her children again and herself for her punishment to end. By children it is the rencarnation of her 500 year old lost children" well thats how my Grandmother told me the story.

Supposedly, in one of the many, many variations, she's referred to as an eater of children. No doubt some parents would say: 'Do your homework, or La Llorona will eat you.' Thats where the inspiration for that scene was drawn.

exactly i grew up with the version of La Llorona where she was gonna get me and EAT me so i can kinda get why theres blood but why wasnt there that much blood last year??

Hard to tell honestly. Murdy did mention that they installed some crazy effects. Who knows, he might have switched some of the crazy lights from Alice and put them in La Llorona instead. He did say that he sometimes swaps some of their lighting effects with the company they buy the lights from to get the higher quality ones. It would make sense to just swap those lights between mazes instead if you don't want to get rid of them.