HHN 2012: La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos

Mr.HHN

Judging by the subtitle, it sounds like there will be some new scenes? Remember when Saw had new scenes, they changed it from "Game Over" to "Game On"? I'm hoping that will be the case. They can get rid of the Graveyard, Tomb and the house for new scenes.

From Murdy's Twitter:

La Llorona returns to HHN 2012. La Llorona returns to HHN 2012. This maze will only be at Universal Studios Hollywood, in all the surveys we did with HHN fans, La Llorona was the one they wanted back. Here's my honest critique of the maze last year. Thought the set/design was one of the best we've ever done but thought it could be scarier. That's the goal with this version...make it scarier, more disturbing, like a child's nightmare...that's what we're looking to create. What would happen to a body that's been left in the water for a loooong time. What would it look like? What if it was coming for you?

Sounds like this could be a very good 2.0 house!

I find it funny how he said this is the maze everyone wanted to come back according to the survey.

I mean, if you ask, we're gonna answer, but that doesn't mean you should bring a repeat back.

"Which maze would you like to see repeated?"

"La Llorona"

"K, it's happening."

But there's no choice to pick, "I don't want one repeated"?

• Like 2

^I don't think he literally meant it like that? La Llorona as a theme was on the survey, it most have scored high, and La Llorona was a very popular maze last year getting very good reviews from the haunt community.

Edit: I think it's funny that all those people on Facebook asking why La Llorona is coming back, are the same people who, after the event last year, posted on Facebook. "Bring La Llorona back, it was awesome!" :P

Edited by Hauntfan
  • Like 1

Is it just me, but when Murdy said 'like a Child's Nightmare', did anyone else think German Expessionism.

La Lorona: La Childreninos le Hunted (Now 20% German!)

But seriously, does anyone think they'll do some trickery like take the windows, stretch them like silly putty, and hang them high above the people walking through? Cause I would think expressionism like that gives a surreal perspective, especially like that of a child. That, and put in some wooden painted skulls to make it '¡Mexico!'.

^I don't think he literally meant it like that? La Llorona as a theme was on the survey, it most have scored high, and La Llorona was a very popular maze last year getting very good reviews from the haunt community.

Unless the year completely sucked, one maze would be the highest score out of all of them, so using that logic, one maze would automatically be repeated. Also Alice Cooper was voted number one attraction last year, so if anything, repeat WTMN, but they brought an ALL new sequel instead, which is better.

I don't think there's a need to repeat, more than likely, the second best attraction and only revamp parts of it.

I'm not mad, though. I'm hoping the maze turns out to be way scarier than last year's, since last year's scares were all extremely easy to see.

Just wish they didn't go through the decision process that way.

Well... They obviously don't realize that fans bring the money.

Not necessarily. I'm guessing more than 90% of the people on any night on HHN could care less about the stuff we do. They buy tickets, a shirt, food etc. So just that times the 90% of people is way more money than the 10% (and that's generous) of fans who buy multiple tickets/FFP, multiple shirts, food every night of the event, cups and other collectibles.

Edited by Hauntfan

Not as much money as the GP.

Bingo.

An' it just hit me with the survey's, as we know WTMN was voted number one. However Murdy mentioned that La Llorona was the only one that HHN fans wanted to return. For me it's totally possible for a maze to be voted #1, yet have a different maze be the one people want to return. That's what happened here, so they brought back both.