HHN 2012: La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos

Mr.HHN

I always know when scares are coming and where they are coming from. La llorona was no worse at this than other mazes to me. I agree with DTH that it was scarier than hostel, house of 1000 corpses, wolfman, scream tram and alice cooper. The Thing was maybe scarier if the animatronics got you at the right point.

I am actually very excited for this. La Llorena was my second favorite maze after Kill Jason Kill... because 2010 was my 1st year so I didn't get to experience TCM. I loved La Llorena... I guess a good part about me is I am VERY jumpy naturally and a super easy scare so the popout scares get me EVERY time despite the fact that I sorta know what will happen. This is the least exciting announcement so far, granted, but this also seems like the best year so far to me.

I am actually very excited for this. La Llorena was my second favorite maze after Kill Jason Kill... because 2010 was my 1st year so I didn't get to experience TCM. I loved La Llorena... I guess a good part about me is I am VERY jumpy naturally and a super easy scare so the popout scares get me EVERY time despite the fact that I sorta know what will happen. This is the least exciting announcement so far, granted, but this also seems like the best year so far to me.

The irony in this post is hilarious. :P Llorona*

Yup, church, graveyard and the river are the only scenes from the original maze that are essential to the story. Technically, they could change those scenes to look differently but what's needed to understand the story would be missing without her or at least her children's death, her burial/curse and her haunting children near the lake.

The river scene was done pretty much how you might think it was done. Actual water with dummy children laying face down. I don't think they dug a pit so I guess they raised the set just before and after going on the bridge. If they could get the water to look like its rushing this year, that'd be a major improvement. It looked too still and therefore looked fake. The children didn't sway at all. They might as well have faked it, so I hope they have something to move the water a bit.

• Like 1

It'd be more powerful if they can find a way to make the water rush and have children pass by, somehow looping the same ones over and over again and back around, to make it seem like an endless flow of children floating in the stream. Like when Dakota Fanning sees all the dead bodies go by in War of the Worlds - one of the best parts!

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

That would be amazing! I saw that movie in theaters and didn't expect it to be scary (I was young). That particular scene actually scarred me for about a year. I would have nightmares about it and remember being incredibly disturbed in the theatre. As far as scares in mazes and movies, I agree the ones you never expect are the best. Movies lately have been using dramatic music to signify something jumping out. The best scares are ones that have no music, but movies don't do that anymore. The best scare from a movie in the past 5 years in my opinion was from a movie that wasn't a horror film... the Dark Knight. The scene where the hanging body slams into the window out of nowhere was really scary. Horror films need to take notes...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda putting a lot of trust in Murdy with this one.

After Saw, I've already lost a lot of expectation in "revamps" so I'm not expecting too much of out of this maze.

Especially since I didn't think it was the best last year.

But the difference is, Murdy realizes a lot of the problems the maze had last year.

I'm sure if he notices it, he'll change it quite a bit.

If not, well, lots of trust lost? D: But not completely, I could never completely lose trust in Murdy. :P

^ Well you are right I've never lost trust in Murdy like in 2010 when I heard NOES again but based of the crappy remake but I loved the maze (Not as much as Kill Jason Kill) but since then I've never lost trust in Murdy. Murdy is my hero someone I admire. IN MURDY WE TRUST!

^ That's true. That was also the point where I was like "okay, we need a new creative director." Then I went through the mazes and was blown away.

HOWEVER, his year-after repeat mazes don't have a good rep so far.

Saw had a few new spots. HOTC was literally the same. TCM & F13 07-08 were the same, and NOES 07-08 weren't the same but were still very similar.

I'm hoping La Llorona will be along the lines of NOES 07/08. Same layout, a half a dozen new scenes.

Also it really is not just Murdy's fault people are always bugging him like saying bring this maze back it was the best. Thats why we allways get that Back by Popular Demand shit but I understand him because he brings it back and tries not to make it so repetitive for us the true die hard HHN Fans. So thats why I think Haters are gonna Hate, Murdy is doing his best really were else are you going to see a 500 year old myth transformed into something that impresive?

Also it really is not just Murdy's fault people are always bugging him like saying bring this maze back it was the best. Thats why we allways get that Back by Popular Demand shit but I understand him because he brings it back and tries not to make it so repetitive for us the true die hard HHN Fans.

So thats why I think Haters are gonna Hate, Murdy is doing his best really were else are you going to see a 500 year old myth transformed into something that impresive?

Really? The fans are making Murdy repeat mazes?

Then how do you explain why Orlando is 100% different each and every year? Those houses are every bit as beloved as the ones out here. But no matter how incredible a house was and no matter how much people beg and plead for it to come back, it will never be repeated. No Repeats is definitely a gimmick, but it's the one that truly rewards the die-hard fans. It's also a guaranteed way to bring customers back.

Notice that we NEVER see the HHN surveys ask "would you rather see your favorite houses return, or see brand new houses every year?" Instead, they only ask "which house do you want to see return?". Talk about leading the witness...

I have yet to take an Orlando survey that asks if I want to see houses come back.

• Like 2

I can attest for that. Repeats don't make me foam from the mouth like the others on here. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's bad. I thought Saw was a really good repeat. HOTC was worthless though even though I did enjoy it more than the year prior because the cast was much better but either way, I could've lived without going through that again.

I can attest for that. Repeats don't make me foam from the mouth like the others on here. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's bad. I thought Saw was a really good repeat. HOTC was worthless though even though I did enjoy it more than the year prior because the cast was much better but either way, I could've lived without going through that again.

What bothers me the most about a repeat is that something brand-new and potentially more interesting could have occupied that spot. You do all of the haunted houses, the Terror Tram, and then end up doing something that you've already seen last year. It's just...strongly irritating. -_____-

I'm trying the best that I can to be positive about the repeat. At least we're getting SOMETHING new in here (New ending and new costumes AT LEAST). IMO, the new scenes in Saw made the house worse and HoTC was maddening since they didn't do jack-squat in there except waste the best house venue of the whole event. La Llorona was my all-time favorite house at HHNH; with the enhancements they'll be making to this, I think this will be my "favorite" repeat.