Website & Media Updates

I liked it but then they didn't show what was at the event or say how many mazes or anything. For all we know, those are generic zombies and not Walking Dead zombies. Basically, what I'm saying is, the commercial says jack squat about the event. They could technically use the same commercial next year if they were planning on using Resident Evil.

So as a fan who knows what's coming, I think it's cool.

But if I were someone who knew nothing about HHN, this wouldn't intrigue me in the slightest and would probably just stick with Knotts.

So I'm half and half on it, because I do think a commercial is supposed to sell people, but the fact is I was already sold before it, so... yeah lol

I think you're a bit off there. The commercial doesn't have to provide full details about the event- it only has to intrigue just enough that you look into it. And I think it'll do just that. And yes. it is a little vague... and thats not a bad thing.

Last 5 years have provided more specifics as to which characters would be there. Doesn't have to list EVERYTHING, but at least be a little more specific and less generic. I love the Knotts commercials, even though they don't say which monsters or mazes, they at least go: "13 mazes, 7 hair raising shows, 3 scarezones and 1000 monsters!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAA" When I see that, I'm like "YES, I wanna go THERE."

• Like 1

It's the same exact one as Orlando's? In 09 when they had Saw and Chucky with the guy going to the lobby, Orlando included Wolfman. Wolfie was edited out of the Hollywood version of the commercial and it looked fine. Shoulda done somethin along those lines!

Well... I debate that it is fairly easy.

Just film each monster specifically, without another one in frame.

Technically they've done this for all years thus far, with the Jack fortune teller cards, movie lobby and monsters running with the logos at the end.

If I were to guess, Universal specifically makes sure their directors do that.

Edit together the one with the most recognizable properties (that would be Hollywood this time). Walking Dead, Silent Hill, TCM.

Then edit out Leatherface for Orlando.

In 09 when I saw the commercial in a theater for the first time, I had no idea that Wolfman was even supposed to be in the commercial until I saw the Orlando one. It flowed just the same.

Either way they have to make a slightly different version, since I know the Orlando version of this year has the Orlando logo at the top of the gates turn on, so the commercial isn't technically just being shipped around nationally as one singular commercial, but there is indeed two different versions, even if ever so slightly different.

The only extra cost there would've been would be to pay the editor an extra hour to simply cut out Leatherface, that's assuming this new commercial with TWD, Silent Hill and Leatherface cost the same as the commercial we saw now.

Unless there's a rights issue to display those names commercially... then yeah... you guys are probably right... it's a money thing lol

Edited by DTH316