HHN 22 Discussion

I'm just so sick of te bs some guests get away with.

Oh well I'm hoping tonight isn't to busy. I wasn't intending on staying and coming tonight, but I've got nothing happening tonight so it was a spur of the moment thing...see you all tonight.

Just a warning...from what I hear tonight is UCF night...its gonna be busy with drunk college students.

Do you guys think we'll see houses of other music artists in the future? The whole time I was walking through Alice Cooper I was thinking Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson would have been way cooler and a little more well known to the majority of people.

• Like 1

Do you guys think we'll see houses of other music artists in the future? The whole time I was walking through Alice Cooper I was thinking Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson would have been way cooler and a little more well known to the majority of people.

that is pretty much my dream houses right now. Even if the houses sucked or anything I would love them just because of the music.

Rob Zombie has done not only the House of 1000 corpses house in Hollywood but he did a "Rob Zombie" house years ago over there as well. So a transition from Hollywood to Orlando would be simple I think.

I would Love a Marilyn Manson house but I don't know if Marilyn himself would be up for it. And I could already see people boycotting the event... I personally thing Slipknot would work really good not because I am a fan but because they are visually terrifying. They are pretty much horror villains making music lol. I know people that cannot stand to see their masks because they are that scared. I always thought visually they would work for a haunted house.

I Think a Rob Zombie house would be easier. I am hoping they either bring House of the 1000 corpses or a Rob Zombie house. But I think if they would do it they would probably bring the movie house instead.

but yes. It really is a dream of mine to see that. (funny you should mention those two since they will be in Orlando next Friday )

Edited by Mr. Black

Just a heads up. House of Horrors has been hitting 100+ and us at P&T were at about 150+ by 9pm.

P&T line was under 30 at 8:40 last night. only 2 full length rows were full and 1 half row. unless the line went up 2 hours in 20 minutes, that's not true for last night :P.

and HoH was under 30 as well for the first 2 hours. didn't get above the 45 range til afterwards. While i'm positive both get pretty high as the night goes on, they weren't nearly THAT bad by 9 lol

P&T line was under 30 at 8:40 last night. only 2 full length rows were full and 1 half row. unless the line went up 2 hours in 20 minutes, that's not true for last night :P.

and HoH was under 30 as well for the first 2 hours. didn't get above the 45 range til afterwards. While i'm positive both get pretty high as the night goes on, they weren't nearly THAT bad by 9 lol

Seeing as I'm in Penn and Teller, I'm pretty sure with my times.

• Like 2

Seeing as I'm in Penn and Teller, I'm pretty sure with my times.

I was in line for P&T 8:40 on Saturday, and i can assure you, it was NOT even an hour. Im sure it did get to 150+, but it wasnt that high at 9. Not doubting you or anything, but at 9 the line wasnt that long. Same with HoH. At 8ish i got in line. At 8:30 when i exited the house was when the line began to get longer, extending into Fievel's.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

Is the overcrowding something that Universal can solve by next year or is HHN in for more long term crowds?

Transformers will help, a lot. It should be new enough next year to still be a huge draw. Also, with construction done, that opens up a couple other potential sites for permanent scare-zones, which I expect to return next year, and which should help slightly.

Beyond that, I think the only solution would be finding a location for an 8th house (possibly even a 9th). That, or the somewhat similar idea of a two-park event.

Is the overcrowding something that Universal can solve by next year or is HHN in for more long term crowds?

hopefully next year they won't have as many crowds, even if they do some kind of IP year it might not be that bad. But if it is I guess we are looking at same crowd problems.

Transformers might open next year and hopefully it will be open for HHN, so that will probably take a lot of people in.

They could give us an 8th house again, but who knows. seems like both parks are getting too small for the event (IOA is already too tiny to have HHN in there plus Harry Potter and Seus land will never be used for HHN so that doesn't leave a lot of space.)

they could do a 2 park event but that might never happen. A lot of people of not most people complained about the amount of walking from park to park, and with a 2 park event a lot of the streets look empty. I see people say negative things about the two park event, so it might not even be well liked by the fans.

If they find a place to put the 8th house and Transformers open, Plus if we get an Original year, the crowds might not be so bad. Plus a lot of people hated this year (people that only came for Walking Dead mostly) so those people might not come back next year.

hopefully next year they won't have as many crowds, even if they do some kind of IP year it might not be that bad. But if it is I guess we are looking at same crowd problems.

Transformers might open next year and hopefully it will be open for HHN, so that will probably take a lot of people in.

They could give us an 8th house again, but who knows. seems like both parks are getting too small for the event (IOA is already too tiny to have HHN in there plus Harry Potter and Seus land will never be used for HHN so that doesn't leave a lot of space.)

they could do a 2 park event but that might never happen. A lot of people of not most people complained about the amount of walking from park to park, and with a 2 park event a lot of the streets look empty. I see people say negative things about the two park event, so it might not even be well liked by the fans.

If they find a place to put the 8th house and Transformers open, Plus if we get an Original year, the crowds might not be so bad. Plus a lot of people hated this year (people that only came for Walking Dead mostly) so those people might not come back next year.

Wouldn't the expansion of Harry Potter into USF also take up space that cannot be used for Halloween Horror Nights. Unless they are planning a generic London Facade with nothing to do with Harry Potter.

Wouldn't the expansion of Harry Potter into USF also take up space that cannot be used for Halloween Horror Nights. Unless they are planning a generic London Facade with nothing to do with Harry Potter.

yeah there won't be anything HHN related in that area probably but the streets in IOA are smaller, the good thing about Studios is that the Potter expansion won't really affect HHN since is in the corner of the park, I doubt it will even be open during HHN

yeah there won't be anything HHN related in that area probably but the streets in IOA are smaller, the good thing about Studios is that the Potter expansion won't really affect HHN since is in the corner of the park, I doubt it will even be open during HHN

Oh it will be open. Uni is going to milk that attraction for all its worth. Look at Despicable me. If stationary SZ's would have happened we wouldnt have gotten one in Production Central.

I'm a little curious about something...

Not sure if I should turn this into a full-on thread or not, but what would you all say is proper ediquette for asking scareactors to take pictures with you?

Edited by Circ

I'm a little curious about something...

Not sure if I should turn this into a full-on thread or not, but what would you all say is proper ediquette for asking scareactors to take pictures with you?

Just asking them politely if you can take a picture. I usually take pictures of the scareactors themselves and thank them after doing so. If there is flash ill warn them before hand.

• Like 3

I've done most of that this year except warn about the flash, although that last one's mostly because someone else in my party takes the pictures for me and I end up forgetting to mention it.

Thanks for the advice! I just don't want to feel like a heel for fucking up someone's routine.