What horror movie character do you think would make a good icon?

Personally, I rully think that Uni has overused the whole "slasher" icon thing, and it's like getting old. So I think that they should focus more on of the supernatural aspects in horror films.

Here's my list of Horror Film characters that I think Uni should have as an icon:

1. Alyssa Gillespie from "Silent Hill"

2. Samara Morgan from "The Ring"

3. Kayako Saeki from "The Grudge" (I know Samara and Kayako are almost identical, but Kayako freak'n creepy in her own way and I think that Uni needs to make a their own Grudge maze; BTW it's been rumored that Universal Studios has plans of rebooting the Grudge series)

4. The "Creepy Old Lady" from "Insidious"

5. Regan McNeil from "The Exorcist"

When I think icon, I think something epic, marketable and noticeable at the blink of an eye to even a mainstream audience. Not only that but either they have to tell a story or a story is easily lent to them. My heart wants me to say Sam from TrT but not enough people recognize him.

Everyone knows Regan's face from The Exorcist, but is that something we can put on a cup or on billboards? Honestly, it's a bit TOO frightening. However, it'd be awesome if posessed Regan went ape shit at Universal and "took over."

But I do agree a more supernatural icon should come forth and I'll list the two already provided: Samara and Kayako.

Other immediately recognizable villains:

Nemesis or Wesker from Resident Evil

But how badass would a The Ring: Terror Tram be?! You get on the tram, watch the doomed tape and when you get off, you witness all the horrors one would experience in 7 days in "7 minutes."

The motel could be the lodge from the movie and have a well either off to the side or in the woods area. Peoople running around with "blurry faces" and dead green corpses that have seen Samara. Fuuuuck that'd be epic!

Sam from Trick 'R Treat. I know that movie gets thrown up over and over, but here's my reasoning and it's quite simple: Midgets are awesome. Obviously you can't have a kid running around as Sam at Horror Nights, but you could have an army of midgets and it would be fantastic. They'd be springing out of bushes, hiding behind trashcans, creepily following guests around. And with Sam's big head and slightly larger body, it wouldn't be as awkward as the Chucky scare actors that are usually never quite the right size.

Plus there are thematic reasons, but I feel those are a bit more self-explanatory.

Like Blues said, Sam would make a great icon, but I also want Hollywood to come up with their own icon that we can call our own. Every single icon that Hollywood has ever had involved a movie character. I think it's time to create something that Orlando would find interesting.

• 1 month later...

Sam? Seriously? Sam is Chucky with a burlap sack over his head. He's far better than Chucky in that at least he doesn't talk. I'm telling you guys, so many people would be saying "it's Chucky!"

The problem with Hollywood and icons these days is that they don't use them correctly. To me, it just doesn't make sense presenting 5 different movie-based houses and using a villain from one as "the icon". I mean, it made sense when Jack was the icon presenting several movie villains, but didn't make sense having Freddy being the icon presenting others.

Which is why Orlando did the right thing creating the Usher when they did a movie-based year. What a perfect idea.

With that in mind, I'd have to say that Ghostface would make a good icon for Hollywood, as he (like the Director) is a crazed horror movie buff. It would make sense to have Ghostface host the movie-based houses. But I need to add one caveat - I think this would work more effectively if it meant that there was NO Scream house while he was the icon. Having a Scream house would disassociate Ghostface from the non-Scream houses. As an Icon, his role should be to stick firmly to the "What's your favorite scary movie?" part of his persona, acting as the host and screwing with guests. I could even envision his voice being used in the movie based houses, cracking lines about the plot problems, and who is going to be dead meat. I seriously doubt Murdy could score the licensing required to do this, though.

Another good (albeit very outdated) icon would be the Cryptkeeper.

I really think Ghost Face could have been an amazing icon. But I don't think he was utilized properly. I mean if you think about it, he knows all about horror movies and could have turned the park into his own horror movie, or it could have been an all movie based year and he could have taken us into his favorite scary movies.

Other than that I've always been on board with Sam from Trick R' Treat.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

what I always assumed with the icons were

Freddy- out of the big three he seems to be the only one who not up to mindless killing he is a man with a plan where as Jason just kills whoever head to his haunting grounds and Leatherface is a cannibal and just generaly twisted plus he controls nightmares, people have nightmares of Jason and leatherface plus in the movies we know he has the ability to control Jason until he got out of control, I think it everything was a nightmare being pulled by Freddy.

Jigsaw-turned all of universal into one big trap which included encounters with other serial killers Henry Warden and M. Myers as to punish us for worshiping horror movie villians (which was part of his speach on the tram).

Ghostface-if he wasnt so shoved in could of worked like zombie man said which is how I thought it was gonna work out.

The Walkers- you can even suspend your disbeliefe in saying the Walkers are the Icons this year, put everything like the Terror Tram, the commercial, the opening scaramonies, and even the slogan and you can put togather a plot. The walkers invaded So Cal and forced us into universal traped us inside with all the normal monsters and psychos we cant leave the theme park because the walkers surrounded the park hence "Once your in theres no way out" not saying that was murdy purpose per say but my imagination connecting the dots.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dexter,

Dexter would be the perfect Icon. They could hire Michael C. Hall to do the promos for the event. Maybe have him appear at the event sometimes too. Tehy could do a maze based on the show, with all the other killers.
He could be the Icon and have a maze and a scarezone named Darkly Dreaming Dexter

dexter_morgan_dexter_michael_c_hall_acto

Edited by Mr. Black

Dexter,

Dexter would be the perfect Icon. They could hire Michael C. Hall to do the promos for the event. Maybe have him appear at the event sometimes too. Tehy could do a maze based on the show, with all the other killers.

He could be the Icon and have a maze and a scarezone named Darkly Dreaming Dexter

dexter_morgan_dexter_michael_c_hall_acto

This better be a joke. Edited by Dr. D

Would love to see an Insidious, Trick R Treat or Sinister take inside HHN. For a more original icon, I wonder if they would ever take the fan aspect into play in creating an icon. Like a Haunt or HHN fan who is more then obsessed. Almost like a different take on The Director. Just an idea!