The 2012 HHNH Event Creation Competition: Game 2: Round 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tried something like that back in the Vault days. Not enough people participated and the ones that did wouldn't come on the site often enough, leaving their partner out dry. I'd love to do it one day though!

Well, I can see that happening. It's already hard enough to recruit the bare minimum of participants for these event competitions that we've had so far, so if hopefully the tag team concept won't die away.

Anyhow, hopefully in the future these event competitions might spark enough interest to have a full-fledge tag team competition!

^Your right, someone needs to take action so this game can continue. It's either that the rest of the judges turn in their critiques or we take Ridesandstuff's suggestion and have him be a judge.

If th judges dont have their critiques in, i can back out of the competition and be a judge. I have a better event planned for the next game with a original icon

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Alright Ridesandstuff, guess I'll leave it up to you!

Since you'll be bowing out, that'll mean we'll only have 4 contestants for this round and therefor, there can only be 2 semi-finalists to battle it off to go into the finals to join GrindhouseHero13 and StevenforTmrw

ILuzstabwounds

Creativity-17

Your icon and backstories are great. I had to take some off for the shadybrook maze. I feel a little iffy about borrowing a theme from orlando, even if its a different setting but everything else is awsome.

Originality-9

Again, the shadybrook thing and also the soundstage maze location, but the rest is top notch from the icon to the mazes to the scarezones are extremely interesting.

Theme-10

I love the idea of a weding themed event, and the way you described t is cery

ILuzstabwounds

Creativity-17

Your icon and backstories are great. I had to take some off for the shadybrook maze. I feel a little iffy about borrowing a theme from orlando, even if its a different setting but everything else is awsome.

Originality-9

Again, the shadybrook thing and also the soundstage maze location, but the rest is top notch from the icon to the mazes to the scarezones are extremely interesting.

Theme-10

I love the idea of a weding themed event, and the way you described her and her backstory is very creative. I love how everything is tied in a very

subtle way.

Mazes-19

The soundstage locations are off limits sadly, but the maze themes are very interesting ecspecially dementions.

Shows-8

The shows are very creative, but as said before the blues brothers stage is not able to be used. plus you did not state where Angelas wedding ceremony was to be held at.Besides that everything is great.

Scarezones-14

Your scarezones are extremely creative.had to take a point off for the camp hatchaway scarezone since the Central park theme has not been built.

Terror Tram-15

Love Love Love the urban legends theme. I think it adds a sense of realisim because these are characters that most people have heard of and are familiar with, so seeing them come to life would be awesome.

Total-93 points

DAMN DOUBLE POST!

^Woo-Hoo!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the critiques so I can finally post my treatments!

FYI when I post my events, they're not going to be in any particular order...

Soooo, after the rest of the critiques are in, I'm wondering which maze do you guys wanna see first?

List of Completed Mazes

PsychoScarepy: Hatchaway Camp

The Initiation: Sisters for Life... and Death

The Haunting of Hellgate Hall

Dead Paradise: Sun, Fun, and SLaughter

Dementsions: The Other Side (Actually this maze still needs a few more adjustments :P )

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Hauntfan

Creativity-16

Your icon is very creative and the deep insight to her past makes for a great character, but I think you tied her into practically everything which was a little much. I also had to take some off because of your houses 2 being from orlando and the other being a theme already used for a house.Everything else is great

Originality-9

Again your houses brought this down ,but not to much.

Theme-10

I love the idea of having a child as the icon. Making something that seems inoccent and nice demented

Is a good move on your part. And as I said the detail you put into her backstory was amazing.

Mazes-18

All your concepts for mazes are very good except for the 3 I stated before. I also didnt like how the icon was tied into paranormal activity, but the rest is good.

Shows-8

Although I loved slaughterworld and rocky horror picture show, I cant deny the fact that they are both repeats of past shows and im not sure to many people know what rocky horror picture show is.

Scarezones-14

The only thing that brought this down was the NY scarezone . The hell theme has already been used , but everything else is great

Terror tram-14

I love the idea,but again shes just tied into too many things and situations which is just overload. That being said the themes for each area are very creative im very intereated in seeing the killy wonka details.

Total -89 points

^It's funny, your critiques are my exact grievances with my own event. I have already started working on a new event for Game 3, which is, I think, more evened out, and has better variety than this event with Amy. Hope Game 3 starts soon-ish, can't wait to post my ideas.

AgentofChaos93

Creativity-14

The way that the two characters are battling it out over horror nights is a good one, that being said both characters were previously used multiple time at horror nights.Besides that, your mazes are really cool.

Originality-8

Again, your icons have been used countless times, but the particular movie has not so thats good. Your mazes and scarezones are very nice.

Theme-9

As I said the concept of freddy and jason fighting over hhn is pretty cool

Mazes-18

I love your mazes, expecially jeepers creepers and thirteen ghost, but their wasnt much ensight on them. Also im not sure they can do a completly dark house. It offers to much of a safty hazard and orlando tried and failed (or so ive heard).

Shows-7

Their was no real variety here, but the concept is cool.

Scarezone-14

Your scarezones are very creative, but there is no scarezone for french street. Sadly this took your score down.

Terror Tram-12

This took your score down. Theres no description for any of the areas and again the characters were used but you still got a good score none the less.

Total-82

AsylumSB

Creativity-17

Your scarezones, Mazes, ans shows are great. Everything is very creative and inventive. The only thing I had a problem with is Zombie Apacolypse:Disco Fever. It reminds me to much of Orlandos Zombie gras scarezone

Originality-9

Besides your lower lot scarezone and your theme everything is ok with me, Expecially your mazes.

Theme-9

Not many people know of trick r treat, but the way you introduced Sam into HHN worked very well. But looking at this fourm ,ive seen plenty trick r treat themes, including me( which was very lazy on

MY part). Besides that the way your worked the themes of TrT into the scarezone and terror tram was very good.

Mazes-18

Your mazes are awsome.I really liked the Freaky deaky maze lol.Two thinfs I have a problem with though. The first one is your Marvel maze only becaus Marvel belongs to disney now and the overall concept just seems a little too strange.The other is Little Shop of Little known Horrors. Even tho the maze is devoted to lesser known horror movies, the event still relies on popularity.

Shows-8

Id like the idea of abbot and Costello, but theyre just not that popular to have a show with Bill and Ted(even tho Bill and Ted arnt to popular themselves.

Scarezones-13

You didnt really include your entrance and NY street scarezones. You described them a little but not enough. Plus I dont think HoH can be classified as a super scarezone. Everything else is great.

Terror Tram-13

There was only the description of the backstory. You didnt put what was gunna be where on the terror tram.Luckly this didnt do much to your score

Total-87 points