HHN Hollywood 2012 Wishful Thinking

^I just wish they changed up JP: In the Dark a tad more often for HHN. At the very least have a raptor puppet scareactor or something. It would also be nice to change up the music selection some. Maybe one year play Ministry, have Lamb of God another, etc.

Speaking of the "blood" effect, I really wish they would just quit the squirting and start using mist as it is more realistic and doesn't soak you. When I have gone on the Terror Tram, some girl was getting her face cut off and I get sprayed twenty feet away at least. I was soaked from that effect. It's just really getting annoying.

Here's a solid update on 2012:

any chance on The Thing being brought back?

Probably not given the film's performance. Too bad. Great maze. Great cast.

And Murdy finally admits to a favorite:

which maze did you like making the most???

Coop

Can't say I didn't see those one coming!

Here's a solid update on 2012:

any chance on The Thing being brought back?

Probably not given the film's performance. Too bad. Great maze. Great cast.

And Murdy finally admits to a favorite:

which maze did you like making the most???

Coop

Can't say I didn't see those one coming!

I know I have beaten this decomposed horse by now, but please, PLEASE no repeats. That post the FB page gave to me after addressing it on there gave me hope that they really do try to listen to us amid all of the "Bring back this and that" comments. Here it is:

We'll do the best we can. But we did give you 4 brand new mazes this year. Not bad.

*fingers crossed*

Im not trying to make anybody mad but HHN just gave us 6 mazes! and were already asking for no repeats? thats a little expensive if u ask me and the fact is we got More Mazes Than Ever! Cant we just enjoy what we have?

Well, one of those six houses is a throwaway--that gives us five houses and a "who cares" house (Unless they actually add quite a bit of stuff for a descent theme). Also, at the rate HHN Hollywood has been growing, I don't think it's too much to ask if we consider the following:

2006: One and half new houses

2007: Two and a half new houses (House of Horrors was the way it was and NoES was the Asylum with Freddy mixed in.)

2008: One new haunted house

2009: Three and a half new house

2010: Three and a half new houses (They did essentially nothing with Vampire so Saw counts as the half.)

2011: Four and a half new houses (There was a solid effort in Wolfman so that counts as the half).

In conclusion, I really don't think it's difficult to ask for just five and a half new houses for 2012 at the rate HHN is growing. I am happy with six houses and I intend on them to keep it that way for the next few years until they will have solved the repetitiveness of the scarezones, the Terror Tram, and the House of Horrors.

I hope next year at least all new mazes, and maybe an Alice Cooper return, but at least all new Terror Tram and all new Scarezones, those two have been lacking the past few years, I think 2009 was the strongest year for both Terror Tram and SZs so I hope they try to actually pull off something impressive and new next year with those. Just please don't bring Hostel back, it already felt a little bit like a 3rd year for the Saw maze so don't make it a fourth.

Yeah I totally agree with the scarezones and the terror tram. and ok I think i misunderstood the whole thing i do agree with everything sorry i had a wrong thought it really isnt too much to ask lol. and just one question (kind of has to do with HHN not really), do you think the House of Horrors will be remade like with new scares and a new walkthrough? like has anyone at universal talked about that?

^You mean for the daytime as well right, like how it changed from Mummy to Van Helsing and Van Helsing to House of Horrors. I wouldn't count on it. At most, maybe a refresh, until they get a movie that they can actually market in there. Like Creature From the Black Lagoon if they ever remake it, or another upcoming Universal Horror Movie they can put in there.

Every movie Universal has made over the last 4 years or so has failed, especially their horror movies and looking at their line up, I don't see it getting better any time soon.

So with that said, the House of Horrors will probably be the same for quite a long time. They have no real reason to change anything up in it or even change anything around. They can plus and tweak, add or replace a small scene but I don't think Universal wants to put a budget on a haunted house when daytime visitors will just visit it no matter what it is. At least, like we said, not until a major tent pole semi-horror movie is released and is projected to actually do well.

And I totally disagree about the Vampyre and Wolfman thing. Wolfman had virtually nothing changed about it but I remember Vampyre having a shit ton of new lighting, a cool soundtrack, WAY more scareactors (femme scantily clad vampires doing distraction and double sided scares FOR THE WIN!!!) and a theme that actually stuck in every room (the Chucky room being the nursery for baby vampires and what not). Only major difference in Wolfman was some new trees that were hard to see anyway because it was dark and some dead bodies in the lab that didn't make much of a difference. I give it credit for it's soundtrack though. But there's some things in that maze that were just unavoidably hard to sell. The Chucky room didn't fit in the maze, what so ever. They didn't even try to change that one. And then the curtain scare was a Wolfman randomly popping out after banging on the wall. The curtain scare made sense in Vampyre because it was a hot vampire popping out of it. Vampyre tried to make sense of these rooms, Wolfman had no explanation for these blunders. Not to mention that the place didn't even slightly resemble Tabot Hall in any scene. So I gotta give credit where credit's due! I think Murdy and a few fans like Wolfman more simply because it was the Wolfman and some of those costumes were pretty cool looking. I think it's a warranted reason but I won't stand for people saying Vampyre didn't try! lmao

I was really sad after Wolfman because I was looking forward to the HoH quite a lot for the first time. I remember being totally surprised by Chucky and Vampyre though and I admire that they had themes that worked for the HoH while Wolfman... just makes me sigh.

The president openly admitted that The Wolfman was one of the, in his words, shittiest movies they've ever done.

Like, in the top 5 worst of all time they've ever made.

I highly doubt we'll see it at HHN anytime in the future, not only for that reason, but because it's just getting older now and would be a total waste of space for something we've never had that'd be way more awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

The movies I would like to see are trick r treat , insidious, and hellraiser.and I know this is a stretch but could silence of the lambs be a good maze? I think if they can dont saw they can make this work.another stretch, could the elite hunting club be an icon.I can just imagine the go go's being the girls that were outside the maze this year and clients with chainsaws running around .

I really hope Hostel isn't around next year... even more so, if it is, not the main icon... lol

And Murdy's talked about Silence of the Lambs before. The rights are all over the place, apparently.

Lambs was made by Orion and I think it was sold to MGM.

Hannibal was made by MGM and some other company, I can't remember

Red Dragon was by Universal, which was a remake of an MGM movie called Manhunter.

And Hannibal Rising was made by, I could be wrong but, I wanna say it was Dimension.

And I believe MGM is going through some troubles staying afloat right now and/or has been bought by Sony.

Either way, Hannibal wasn't really the villain in any of those movies, oddly enough. I don't see it ever being done since it's not really a type of horror that lends itself well to a maze. It's more mystery/thriller than anything.

i think Hostel has a HUGE possibility of returning but I dont think it would be main icon because i dont think marketing would wanna use the elite hunting club as an advertisement. At least I hope not. And i dont know if you would agree but I really want to see TCM and Halloween to return because of the new films.

^If they brought back both TCM and Halloween, the whole year would feel like 2010 all over again. I would like for them to choose which one they're going to return. If it were me, I'd choose TCM since I never got to see the original house and that I would love to see a new twist on it.

Of all the times for Michael Myers to have a new film, it sucks that is has to be when TCM comes out as well. I don't want to see both used, but just one of them. If he came this year with TCM--eh, I would rather see an original house or Trick r Treat. The rights might be tricky to get to with RZ no longer owning the rights to the reboot so who knows.

Where on earth is everybody!? Normally by now, this thread would be VERY busy with wishful thinking.

http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=132199409177

Survey! I'll let you know what I put for every answer!

For experience and value I put "very good." Other years I put excellent but this wasn't one of my favorite years and the price went up, so alas...

Best thing about HHN: The best thing about HHN 2011 was the La Llorona maze. It was amazing and I went through it 3 times. It had all the reasons why I fell in love with HHN to begin with in it: awesome sets, beyond scary and total immersion into the story. With that said, 3 times is enough and therefore I wouldn't want it back (unless it has a COMPLETE MAKEOVER). The Thing and Alice Cooper were some other awesome highlights.

Worst thing about HHN: The absolute worst thing about HHN this year was the Terror Tram. As an avid Scream fan, this was such a disappointment as it had absolutely nothing to do with the movies or the Stab films it was semi-based on. I would love for Scream to return and be done RIGHT in maze form. Another HUGE disappointment was The Wolfman, which tries to pass off as another maze but was just the House of Horrors with little to no improvements. Other notable low-lights were the scarezones, which seemed to have little effort thrown into them.

Been going since 2007.

Experienced ALL of the attractions.

For what I'd like to experience again, only the rides and Bill and Ted were clicked.

Attended opening night and the 20th of Oct.

It was a good use of my time (I mean... it was better than nothing)

I knew the Terror Tram would close early before I arrived at Halloween Horror Nights

I want to experience a new area of the back lot next year even if it means I will not get to experience the War of the Worlds plane crash and the Bates Motel/Psycho house

I want to experience the Terror Tram next year, even if it means there would not be an additional maze (Terror Tram is as good as 2 mazes if you ask me)

Definitely will attend 2012

I clicked I was familiar with ALL of the properties (except for Hatchet :-P)

Clicked a good majority of the picks for what I want to see except for the repeats or lame stuff

For theme I picked Scream... I still don't feel like I've had my fill of it. Sorry guys! lol

Heard of all the bands and celebs.

For which I want involved, I clicked John Carpenter (YESSS!!), Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino (talk about bad assery), Tim Burton (this would be an AMAZING maze), Wes Craven and Guilerrmo Del Toro (I don't necessarily like his movies but the visuals would be stunning in a maze).

And if I could only choose one, I picked -- Robert Rodriguez. Totally seems like something he'd get involved in.

Comments or suggestions:

- Half movie mazes, half original ideas.

- Make the Terror Tram be the STORY/THEME of the event. It's the heart and soul of HHN after all.

- Make the House of Horrors worth going through instead of keeping it generally the same.

- I don't think bands when I think of HHN. I think of horror films. I kinda wanna keep it that way.

- Bring back Scream and do it JUSTICE. Work hard to get the rights to do a full blown MAZE.

- MORE SHOWS to spread out the people so lines won't get long.

- Passes to attend multiple nights -- either more nights to pick from or to be able to pick which nights to go on.

- Don't do the "airline ticket" thing EVER again. If you set a price for a ticket, KEEP IT THAT PRICE. This is extremely frustrating for those planning who have little money. Different prices on different nights is fine but stay faithful to those numbers.

- Scarezone ideas need to be amped up next year. They seemed very lazy this year.

- I'm perfectly fine with the amount of mazes considering there will be 4 rides, a Terror Tram and hopefully more shows next year.

- Repeats are an easy way to save money, I understand, but keep them VERY limited to one or none at all. Preferably none.

- Have a theme. This year's theme was all over the place. Marketing and creative need to be on the same page. Commercials promoted Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper and The Thing but Ghostface was all over the place.

- Trick 'r Treat. Lots of people love this movie. You've gone into the realm of original mazes now so this shouldn't be an issue of "not enough awareness." It has all the environments suitable for an HHN experience.

- More Halloween related stuff. Jack-O-Lanterns, scarecrows, etc.. This includes Bill and Ted, which is called a Halloween Adventure but has nothing to do with Halloween.

- More nights open. Cheaper ticket prices. Specialty nights (College night, ultimate fan night, etc.)

- Front of the Line passes need to either be at LEAST two times for entry or have an additional pass that costs more for unlimited usage.

- Enough of the water gags. Beyond annoying.

- Halloween is a Wednesday next year. Extend the event to November 2nd or 3rd.

- Above all, remain awesome. I love this event and would hate to see it downfall. This year wasn't my favorite and I didn't think it was an improvement upon last year. The Terror Tram, HoH and scarezones dragged it down from being the best year. Some of the mazes were a BIT weak in comparison to the scare tactics used in prior years. I'd love to see more scare innovations instead of the same methods used every year. I truly appreciate every single person on the team to make this event possible and would like to extend a personal thank you for bringing me such enjoyment every October. Keep up the good work!

Edited by DTH316

THE SURVEY IS OFFICIALLY LIVE!!!

http://t.co/ZQw8jcCX

as for what Movie properties are on there

heres the list

Wolfman

Jeepers Creepers

Alien/Aliens

TCM

Zombieland

The Exorcist (YESSSSSSS >)

28 Days Later

Dawn of the Dead

Amityville Horror

Poltergeist (Double Yes!!)

HOTC (WTF )

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (TRIPLE YES!!!!! :'DDDDD)

La Llorona

NOES

Stephen King Films ( IT, The Shining etc,)

True Blood (............0.0 -heartattack-)

F13

Hellraiser

The Hills Have Eyes

Freddy Vs Jason (uhh.....was this ever on the survey before? I'm all for it )

Universal Classic Monsters

Paranormal Activity (I KNEW IT!!!!!!)

Saw

Resident Evil (grindhousehero? ;D)

From Dusk Till Dawn

Lords of Salem ( saw it coming especially as a new movie property)

Trick 'r Treat

Insidious

The Walking Dead

Left 4 Dead (video game house? 0.o)

An American Werewolf in London

Psycho

HOSTEL!!!!!

Halloween

Biohazard

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (dont see this happening ANY time soon)

Child's Play

Silent Hill

American Horror Story

Hatchet (REALLY WTF -.-)

Scream

they also asked about terror tram for next year

giving 3 suggestions

- No Terror Tram, but adding a 7th maze in the backlot

- Terror Tram with the same route and same # of mazes

- Terror Tram with NEW Route and same # of mazes

For THEMES for next year

The Walking Dead

Hostel

Halloween

Hellraiser

Trick r Treat

TCM

Stephen King Films

Freddy vs Jason

The Exorcist

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

Poltergeist

Paranormal Activity

IN ADDITION the question is asked

if you could only choose ONE theme which would be the theme for next year

both Texas Chainsaw and Trick r Treat pop up! 0.0

Edited by StevenForTmrw

IN ADDITION the question is asked

if you could only choose ONE theme which would be the theme for next year

both Texas Chainsaw and Trick r Treat pop up! 0.0

Strange, I don't think I was asked this question when I took the survey.

I don't want to repeat everything I just typed, but I basically wanted an overall theme, better commercials, and an improvement of TT, SZs, and HoH--of course, I said it more specifically. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention how I wanted those water gags gone, but oh well. Maybe they'll listen.

Another note: WTC was Lady Gaga doing on the survey? :blink: How on earth can anyone ever take her haunted house seriously if this ever happens? I can only imagine: "Lady Gaga's Lair of Monsters". Just imagine her music playing throughout the house. Uuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No offense, but the whole concept sounds completely idiotic to me. I would just loose hope in humanity if this ever happened.

I love American Horror Story too. I think it has potential for maze but I'm not entirely confident in it yet. We'll just have to see how many more scares and monsters pop up by the end of the season. I'm willing to bet it can work though, especially by that time and season 2 is on already.

The Lady Gaga thing is just... I just... I got nothing to say about that lmao

^ year im concerned about that too.some of the ones I know could be used are the gimp suit man, tate (with is skull makeup on ), the creature in the basement,tates school massacre victims and the twins with scratched up faces.and maybe the piggyman event those hess not really.(hope I didnt ruin an episode for you lol)

*yea