HHN Hollywood 2012 Wishful Thinking

Anybody still want Insidious or did we all forget about that? lmao

I still need to watch that movie! Man I need to get back in the loop! I guess it would make a descent haunted house but I would rather have an original theme like an old west house or something involving Lunaticz (Remember that awesome scarezone from 2010)?

Just for the record I never wanted I realy dislike that movie it just always reminds me of darth mual lol

For the record, Murdy's first haunted house was themed to Star Wars--cross-reference? :rolleyes:

you mean the one that should of came back instead of freakz? :P

I know, right!? No more Freakz! Pleaz! :(

Even if Trick R Treat does not get the green light for 2012, why not get back to basics and create a "Halloween-Themed" event? I would like to see the October holiday represented in themed scarezones, mazes, and general environments. Scarecrows, Jack-O-Lanterns, Witches, diverse costumes, all in the HHN style of horror. With La Llorona, Alice Cooper, and Vampyre from 2010, Universal proved it could effectively expand on original or adapted ideas.

^Exactly! I wish Hollywood would go back to its 2007 roots and have an actual theme with a main icon that ties the whole event together.

You know, I really want to see Deadwood, the scarezone from 2006, translated into a maze. Crap! I should've mentioned that for the survey! :(

Yes, I too wanna see more Halloween oriented stuff. They have the Horror part right but the Halloween, not so much... oh and the Nights because, well, it takes place at night haha

I'm hoping we get a witches scarezone whether or not Lords of Salem comes. It'd be bad ass to have a large cauldron in the middle of the zone, fog brewing out of it and consuming the entire area.

Well now that the 2011 season is over, and might I say for ebing my first year with HHN it was truly an HONOR working along side some of the greatest people in the business :) (Elite hunting that is ;D)

I feel like I can finally add my thoughts/speculations to what may/may not come next year

remember this is only wishful thinking, however, if it comes to it that next year its official. remember I called it first ;)

Mazes: 7 (thats right..7)

Dracula: Legacy in Blood (HoH)

Hostel: Elite Rising ( Shrek Que ) (DO NOT THINK OF IT AS SAW:Game who gives a shit, New EVERYTHING.)

The Exorcist or Poltergeist (A liddo birdie told me we officially KNOW where the rights are) (T-2 Que)

Halloween - Return To Haddonfield (WWW)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds (Mummy Extended)

Alice Cooper: Living Nightmare (JP Que)

Zombieville: The Dead Rising (Spartacus Square/Terror Tram option)

Terror Tram: ( No Theme just yet) : Location. Bates Motel, Whoville, Wisteria Lane, 6 Points, ending Kong.

Out of everything I've heard going around, all the rumors, all the facts, all the shit I CAN AND CANNOT say

theres something I know for a fact........but that shall have to wait ;)

^Honestly, I really hope we are not getting a seventh house. That's really something we don't need right now. I want them to focus more on breathing new life into the scarezones, the Terror Tram, and, if there's still something left in the budget, the House of Horrors. The event has the quantity area down-pat for now.

Ya know, I did just realize Square of Warriors is never used for anything these days... hmmmm...

I also hope Dracula isn't the theme for the HoH. We already had Vampyre there. I want them to do a creations maze!!! Frankenstein would be best, considering there's a laboratory in there and all...

It would ALSO fit with the Chucky room, since those are creations (especially Chucky from Bride and on). I'm sure they can easily think of something for the Pscyho area too with that idea in mind. This would be an idea I could get excited about for the HoH.

If Steven's line up is sorta accurate, it means we're looking at another year of pretty much repeats. The only redeeming value would be an Exorcist or Poltergeist maze. Personally, I'd love to do TCM and Halloween again in new forms but I think after such a hit or miss year, we really need some amazing new properties.

The thing about buying all the rights to these movies is that they will really take a chunk out of the event's budget; that's part of the reason why I want Hollywood to do some more original themes and have a good half-and-half variety of movie-based and originality-based houses.

If Steven's predicted line-up is accurate, I better start saving up for Florida know that Hollywood can never seem to grasp the aspect that it needs to be "All-new" to survive. I'm getting sick of Hollywood doing rehash after rehash. I WANT ALL-NEW CONTENT.

Steven said it was his wishfull thinking lol

Oh, okay cool.

Another thing to add to the wishful thinking roster:

the bungee scare! Knott's has only used this once in one of their houses, but Fright Fest puled off this scare very well. In Byte, they had a place where you would turn a corner and a vampire would jump out of no where and scare you good. Imagine what Murdy could do with that...

Murdy wouldn't pull another 08 or 10? I don't know... even number years aren't looking so good for you "I hate repeats!" folk haha

And hey, random thought, how come none of the updaters put up any freakin' reviews or videos of the event? They stalk the park weekly until opening and don't even write down their 2 cents for people to see, disappearing off the map completely haha

Edited by DTH316

^I was wondering the same thing. I always like to hear peoples reviews but they never do them early, only HHNGuy. I don't think that Murdy would do it, from my understanding Management had a lot to say in the 08 and 10 years. In 2010 I think it was supposed to be the Wolfman and Vampyre instead of Jason and Freddy, 08 who knows.

^I was wondering the same thing. I always like to hear peoples reviews but they never do them early, only HHNGuy. I don't think that Murdy would do it, from my understanding Management had a lot to say in the 08 and 10 years. In 2010 I think it was supposed to be the Wolfman and Vampyre instead of Jason and Freddy, 08 who knows.

08 was supposed to have Bloody Mary and be a take-off of the event in Orlando, but then some issues got complicated and so they reused Freddy and Jason.

^Yeah I thought that would have been logical. Management really needs to stop interfering with the creative process. When management interferes too much you get California Adventure. Maybe one day Universal will go back and do Bloody Mary in Hollywood, since they probably already had ideas and plans.

^Yeah I thought that would have been logical. Management really needs to stop interfering with the creative process. When management interferes too much you get California Adventure.

Here! Here! From what I've heard, Rob Zombie and John Murdy had some really cool original concept planned for the T2 queue this year, until management shot it down and demanded to return HoTC. Once again, management has screwed over a really cool concept for the sake of what the general public want. <_<

While I was eating in the Jurassic Cafe on closing night, I overheard some guy saying, "I really hope they bring back Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface!" Hearing that made me cringe very hard. Why do people want the same crap every year? It's because of closed-minded people like you who don't don't really want the amazing original concepts or other potential properties to have at the eve--okay, I'll get off my soap box.

Maybe one day Universal will go back and do Bloody Mary in Hollywood, since they probably already had ideas and plans.

Boy, would that be great; it'll never happen because of some lady that sued Universal over some copyright infringement regarding BM's make-up. That's why you never say her at HHN XX--save for a brief cameo in PsychoScarepy. The closest this event has ever, and probably will ever, gotten to Bloody Mary was La Llorona.

I think it would be really cool to see HHN Hollywood utilize a queue area TV like what they use for the Disaster queue houses in Orlando. They could just project a film onto the grey wall to entertain the people in line. That'd be nice if the budget for the event permits it.

^Wow, I didn't know some of these things. That's interesting about Rob Zombie's maze. Do you think they could ever do Bloody Mary, but in a different way? So that the copyright lawsuit wouldn't be messed with, or do the executives not want to risk it? Sucks really. Creative should be making the decisions not some guy with an MBA.

About the TV's. I always thought they would work well here in non-movie houses. Or like Dream Walkers in Orlando, where it sets up the stories for the movie houses. It would work well at the Shrek area and T2 queue, lets hope we see it utilized soon.

Oh and one more thing. I am really excited to see what they do this year at the T2 area and JP if Alice isn't returning since those are the only mazes ever to exist at those spots.

Edited by Hauntfan

The JP queue could utilize the the TVs in the... JP queue haha. I didn't understand why we would straight shoot pass all those zig zags and go straight into the maze. There's plenty of them right there, why take the time and make them on top of the Jurassic Cafe? Unless they use them when the line gets really long; I wouldn't know since I'm only on the lower lot early in the night. But if they can program those TVs to show something other than the JP stuff than that would be really cool.

It would be cool to see them do a dinosaur scare on the Jurassic Park ride for next year. They could have puppets of t-rexes or raptors on each side of the boat when it goes over the small drop after the lift hill or something. That way, the scareactors won't be putting themselves in harm's way.

There's many platforms where a scareactor could be throughout the ride. Look to the side at any given time and there's a platform with an emergency door (i.e. under the waterfall, which would be a great scare opportunity and going up the main lift before the big drop). There's literally about 8 - 10 places where a good scare moment could happen on both sides of the boat. I think they just don't wanna put the effort into it but it definitely could be done. My guess is they figure not many people will go on that ride anyway, which is silly considering if you're in the last 4 rows, you'll barely get wet. You get more wet from the idiots wetting you down with "blood" through the mazes and the Terror Tram.