Best Year of HHN

43 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite year of HHN? (I-X)

• Fright Nights(I)
    • II
    • III
    • IV
    • V
    • VI
    • VII
    • VIII
    • IX
    • You Dont Know Jack(X)
    • XI-XXI
  2. 2. Whats your favorite year of HHN?(XI-XXI)

• XI
    • Islands of Fear (XII)
    • XIII
    • 2X The Fear(XIV)
    • Tales of Terror(XV)
    • Sweet 16(XVI)
    • Carnival of Carnage(XVII)
    • Reflections of Fear(XVIII)
    • Ripped from the Silver Screen(XIX)
    • 20 Years if Fear(XX)
    • Come Try Your Luck(XXI)
    • I-X

i had to put this into 2 parts because theres more than 20 years. pick your favorite year of the event and say reason why. i pick 2011 because the house lineup was very strong, the strongest ive seen from 05-now.

You must click the last option of the first question, XI-XXI if your favorite is in the 2nd question, other way around for the first

Edited by foREVer56

its one of the 2 im pretty sure its come try your luck as the tagline though. i could be wrong

Come Try Your Luck

Nobody Beats the House

The House Always Wins

Your Fate Is In Her Hands

Are You In?

Be Careful What You Wager...

Take your pick, I guess they skipped the meeting where they decide on a concrete marketing tagline.

• 1 month later...

These polls are never really accurate. As 99.5% of the people haven't been to every year (even I missed one) and most didn't go before 2000.

Its hard to pick a favorite year. It's like picking a favorite child. Even the worst years I enjoyed completely.

However, post 2000, I ultimately went with '08 for many reason. In no other year has the backstory, ambience, and houses (for the most part) engaged more of my attention. Most years, by the fourth night, I'm OK with not coming anymore. But in '08 I wished I could come to the event more. Sure some of it may be tied to my personal year and my thought s on that year all together... But aren't all our opinions far more complex than they should be?

Pre 2000 is even harder... The years blend together and there are a lot of groundbreaking houses throughout. I think '98 ultimately stands out for me. That year we went from three houses to five. BUT The coolest part was that there were TWO houses in the earthquake queue, they were different looks at the same idea, and literally one of my favorite facades of all time... S.S. Fritanic: Carnage Crew and S.S. Fritanic: Fear in first class. I cannot recall another year where two houses were in Earthquake nor two houses fitting together so perfectly.

On Top of this two of the other houses also complimented each other and were both in Sound stage 22. Museum of Horrors: Chamber of Horrors and Museum of Horrors: Unnatural History.

These two houses are some of my most vivid memories from the early years. The first was classic monsters come to life and the second was modern monsters come to life. It was like having two All Night Die-In houses the paid respect to different movies!

The other... Hell's High.... well it was my least favorite house in Nazermanns until Vampyre 2. But it was not bad. I liked the fact that it was a hellacious High School... I just didn't like the villian (sort of a weird mix between Freddy and Jason) who showed up in nearly every rooom.

• 2 weeks later...

2008 was a damn good year, but I still had to vote 2011 as the best overall. Even though the theme itself was rather weak, this was the first year I can remember when every single house was great. Not just good - great. Other years may have had a standout classic house, but those years also had their really bad ones.

If 2011 had even a single terrible house, I'd have easily chosen 2008 - driven primarily by the great theme, great website, and great in-park game.

If you went to 18 and any subsequent years and that wasn't your favorite you probably just have bad taste.

i wasn't into HHN as much as i am now, so i didnt know about LT and everything yet, and i didnt know of any back story/tie in yet. and without that, 08 wasn't that great. there were only 3 houses that were excellent, IMO. the 3 SS's and Doomsday were ok, and RoF was horrible, thats why it wasnt my favorite. it's my least favorite in fact

then 2011, the back story wasn't very present at all at the event, Luck was shunned to an alley and a photo op in the beginning of the park. but, all 8 houses were incredible, something i can't say about any year that i've gone(05-11). that's why that's my favorite.