HHN 2011: La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas

Freak

That'd be nice if this turned out to be the best maze as the Shrek venue never has had a "maze of the year" by us.

Freak, what's with the name change?! haha

It sounds like it will be.

As for the name change, I decided to just rename myself Freak because that's what everyone calls me. Besides, having the name association with the name of a cartoon character with a scary-looking gif doesn't have a very good effect, ya know?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I mean, we never personally chose/voted for it to be maze of the year that year. Was anyone here even using the Vault in 2006 and put up a poll there? haha

All I know is TCM won 07/08 (easily), Halloween won 09 (with Saw very closely behind) and 10 was HOTC, with F13 like only a vote away.

I'll have to check the polls again to see how accurate that all is.

The Asylum (and TT) were the only original stuff in '06 as the House of Horrors was actually Van Helsing Fortress Dracula year-round at that point. Asylum was totally awesome. In terms of intensity and scares, I don't think any maze in that venue has matched it since.

La Llorona looks to be amazing and that facade looks fucking GREAT! I have a feeling that all the facades this year may be amped up.

The Asylum (and TT) were the only original stuff in '06 as the House of Horrors was actually Van Helsing Fortress Dracula year-round at that point. Asylum was totally awesome. In terms of intensity and scares, I don't think any maze in that venue has matched it since.

La Llorona looks to be amazing and that facade looks fucking GREAT! I have a feeling that all the facades this year may be amped up.

Actually 06 was the year they changed the name of Van Helsing: Fortress of Dracula to House of Horrors. They changed it for HHN and kept it that way.

WHAT ?!?!?!? the HoH was definetly original. It was actually a great concept. They stuck a whole bunch of our well known notorious killers (freddy,michael etc.) in the HOH and ill tell you this HoH overlay worked ! i actually thought it would be just van helsing during the day but i was proved wrong and there was a lot of SA's in there. Now the Asylum on the other hand i agree won by default lol that maze was INCREDIBLE ! sucks we dont see originality like that anymore :/

This maze is shaping up amazingly. I love everything I'm seeing and it's now at the top of my most anticipated list! Who would have predicted that just a couple months ago? Cannot wait!

Silly question. Are we supposed to know who Diego Luna is? They drop his name like it's supposed to be a big deal or something. So I IMDB'd him and he's an actor who's biggest credit is "Y Tu Mama Tambien"? Really? Why use his name at all? Is this another part of Murdy's lame-ass "dream team"? Psh. The maze speaks for itself.

Oh, and Trev, do you only come to these boards to correct others when they get a small fact wrong?

Yes.

I also comment on things that I have insight on.

(In this thread alone, I have 3 other posts. Two of which are not correcting anyone, and the 3rd which could be interpreted as a correction, but its debatable.)

Edited by Trevler

Trev has been a Scareactor at HHN since its rivival and has been a SA before that he knows alot more then the rest of us and no one realy minds him correcting us so lets keep it friendly guys please.

please back to La Llerona disscusion

Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to start anything. I respect his history as a SA. He's just the first to jump on someone if they get something wrong. Just cut the rest of the folks on here some slack. That's all I'm saying.

Back to La Llorona, the imagery shared (thanks to Trev) looks awesome so I have high hopes. :)

^ What do you mean anymore? You're getting 2 (debatable, haha) original mazes this year!

as in mazes THEY came up with and created. The asylum was a full fledged maze from the minds of murdy and his team. Alice cooper and la llorona can be considered original but theres still a backstory that they have to stick to.

^ Even HotC and Wolfman? haha

lol ahahhaa :P ill give wolfman the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways once again another maze i was skeptical on....now im EXCITED for it. im glad im viewing each maze from a different perspective now. Im with the ghost on this one....just by what we seen far( the NEW mazes) anything can be maze of the year. The statue actually reminds me of the one in the NOES last year. i think i know exactly where it will go to !

Anyone see Halloween Blues' post on the La Llorona behind-the-scenes tour? It's going to be incredible. He said that there will be a pitch dark room, a cemetery, and a bridge, and a big surprise scare for us at the end. This maze sounds like it could be the best maze ever done.