HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Army of Darkness and Cirque Du Freak=Scarezones?

I can totally see an Army of Darkness SZ.

Also- isnt that the background of the picture that MZ was asked to take down?-

Edited by Kitty

I absolutely love how all of their pictures and art work look kind of old time. <3 The old time horror movies I've found actually scare me the most. I'm sure wolfman's house will be a MAJOR hit. Cirque de Freak sounds like a scarezone name maybe?

Edited by Dinah

Rumors have been going around that CDT is done. I heard it from a realiable source who heard it at auditions yesterday.

Not sure what to think of this, as the CDT has been a part of every HHN we've been too in some capacity. CDT was awesome at HHN 17, and sorry to say.. sucked last year. They were in one of the worst parts of the parks, and really had no good hiding spots. Putting them back in front of Disaster would be nice, and let them roam around at the Stay & Scream Area(s) again.

BUT.. if they go, and we get another good "themed" SZ, then I'll go for that.

I don't think Cirque Du Freak will make it to HHN. It's a children's series with elements of horror. If they are trying to get 9-11 year olds in the event then maybe they will push a Cirque Du Freak scarezone but it is in fact a children's book series.

Mother

Anyways

Personally, the chainsaws do make a very effective scare at HHN (I would know...), and seeing them go away, would make me extremely happy. I just don't see why universal would kill such an effective scare.

I don't know if i mentioned this here, but I don't think that scarezones and houses wont collide like last year...(scarezones based off of houses).

We can't be certain about anything concerning scarezones, because we know nothing of the scarezones.

I agree with the Strangers being a scarezone. They used it last year at USH and people liked it...It would make sense to use them here.

Maybe they will be paired up with another movie?

Who know's Jake.

They put a pumpkin patch last year in central park...That wasnt very scary.

But maybe your right...

Who knows...

If you put it in context like that it doesn't sound scary. It's just a children's book. I'm not saying it wouldn't work because I actually think it would but the movie and the book series were in fact geared towards children.

About 20 "Strangers" roaming the street

I think it would work better as a house

I agree. There were only 3 'Strangers' in the film. If they are going for direct continuity then technically there would only be 3 'strangers'. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but 20 'strangers' running around just reminds me of The Skoolhouse....

I agree. There were only 3 'Strangers' in the film. If they are going for direct continuity then technically there would only be 3 'strangers'. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but 20 'strangers' running around just reminds me of The Skoolhouse....

Agreed. BUT! What if the scarezone is like a little maze within' itself, and instead of them running around, what if they had "boo holes"? Hmm? ;)

Agreed. BUT! What if the scarezone is like a little maze within' itself, and instead of them running around, what if they had "boo holes"? Hmm? ;)

If you are suggesting that The Strangers would be a house I doubt it. I'm not apposed to The Strangers having a Scarezone but I'm sure continuity will get skewed in the process.

If you put it in context like that it doesn't sound scary. It's just a children's book. I'm not saying it wouldn't work because I actually think it would but the movie and the book series were in fact geared towards children.

Current "books geared for Children" that some might find scary in parts...Twillight (perfer the True Blood Books over these), Harry Potter (some crazy shit goes down in those books) ... just because the book was geared towards young readers does not mean it can not pull off scary elements.

Sometimes the most simple things can turn into great scares...its all about the set up and how its pulled off.

Just my opinon of course...