Freak

I predict the following tracks will be played on the escelator:

• I'll Bite Your Face Off
  • What Baby Wants
  • I am Made of You
  • The Congregation
  • Disco Bloodbath
  • Ghouls Gone Wild

Those would totally be good picks for the Starway, I like those songs.. Especially the last three.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about the black light paint though. The stage in question looks like its lit with blacklight (You are supposed to be in a black velvet painting). Im also a sucker for blacklights. My dad always used them heavily to decorate, and so do I. To me, blacklight is halloween!

Edited by Trevler

I am talking about the black light paint though. The stage in question looks like its lit with blacklight (You are supposed to be in a black velvet painting). Im also a sucker for blacklights. My dad always used them heavily to decorate, and so do I. To me, blacklight is halloween!

Trev, how did the topic get to blacklight and velvet paintings?

^ I knew that the front of house was designed too closely to a human face! That article just confirms that thought now!

Wow, two maze facades that look like faces of their title person, and it's both on the original mazes. That's a little funny. And after reading the article, at least I know the playlist to put together to get myself ready now.

I'm liking this, sounds pretty cool. Can't wait.

Then it tells a lot more about Alice Cooper than we'd ever know, either he's totally in love with his stage persona or he's just completely full of himself, or he's 'afraid' of himself. But I kinda expected it, with every scareactor design looking like Alice (except for the Nurse, Human Stew, and Sick Things) chances were that it was gonna spread to the props too.

Are you that surprised about that revelation, DTH?

Wow!! After reading the LA Times walkthrough I am incredibly pumped for this maze! It sounds absolutely amazing. I have no idea how anyone could be anything but stoked on this concept and the way it seems to be playing out. It's gory, clever, disturbing but with moments of humor and seems to perfectly capture the spirit of Alice's stage theatrics. I simply cannot wait for saturday when I'll get to experience it all first hand!

Right. Because Alice Cooper totally designed the maze and its not a huge love letter written by a fanboy.

Haha. I am slightly confused by your post Trev. I detect a hint of sarcasm but I think it is being directed at the previous posters who seem to think that theming the maze heavily to the "character" it's based around is somehow narcissistic. Obviously this maze is a fanboy's love letter but that doesn't by any means discount it.

^ I'm sure Alice had his input!

AC: Make it scary.

JM: Right, right.

AC: Like, really scary.

JM: That's what we do.

AC: I'm trying to promote a new album with this.

JM: Got it.

AC: I want my image present at all times.

JM: So you want it to have iconic images that represent you?

AC: Yeah, you know that eye make up I wear?

JM: Ofcourse.

AC: Let's just put that - - on fuckin everything. I think people think it's scary.

JM: It's terrifying, Mr. Cooper.

AC: So the more of that, the better.

JM: Right, right.

AC: And when I say everything, I mean everything. I want the monsters to all be representative of me.

JM: So like an Alice Cooper maze like how we have a Jason or Freddy maze?

AC: Yes, just with different versions of me. And then the eye make up on everything else.

JM: You got it.

AC: So you heard the new album right? You gonna incorporate it into the maze?

JM: Yup, got it all mapped out, people will love it.

AC: Good... because I'm a scary guy and the eye make up sells it with my image, with the music playing, it'll be a good cross promotion.

JM: That's what we're aiming for.

AC: Other than that, go nuts.

JM: Will do! Yippee!!!!

It makes it seem like a cute tribute to a big kid's hero in a horror setting.

I'm in no way saying the maze is gonna blow or lose my immersion in it because everything looks like Alice, I understand that it's his brand, his characters, his music. I'm still staying quite positive about it as a whole, as is my personal policy until I can actually see it for myself with proper lighting and with the scareactors working their best. I can see it as.. a music video that we're in for it that's a medley of a good number of his songs, in that angle, that makes sense. I was listening to the tracks indicated in the article in the order of the scenes, and I see a nice flow to everything, and it all makes sense in that particular order.

Although, the tweet from last night on that one guy's Twitter saying that there was a technical difficulty just makes me a little nervous if some scenes can still stand. I know it's practically the dress rehearsal for the mazes on preview night, so everything wouldn't work 100% perfect the first time.. but I'm just hoping that there's not a lot of downtime for this maze later in the event or even on opening night because of 'technical difficulties'.

I know what I said last night, and I'm not trying to go back and said I never said that, different moods and different things to say for a different time of day. Plus it's fun to poke at DTH to see what things he'll say next. :D