HHN 2011: Hostel: Hunting Season

Freak

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was literally in the process of posting that when my browser crashed and when I restarted you already had, haha. The level of gore in this maze is on an epic level, I'm getting more and more stoked for this as days pass. Not sure how my stomach will handle the smell of burning flesh though, glad I'm hitting this one with an empty stomach.

This maze is shaping up to be awesome just as I thought it would. I'm not sure why people are worried about the boiler prop being reused. They have actually used that prop pretty much every year since 07 (it was in the Freddy mazes until they moved it to Saw). It's a pretty generic peice of scenery and they obviously reuse many props and set pieces every year. This isn't lazy or cheap it's just the way it is at theme park haunts. If you've been to Knotts multiple years in a row, all they do is move their anamatronics, set pieces and props around and give them new contexts in different mazes. Universal puts more thought into things but they still recycle stuff every year.

I'd say that the boiler will be used in the furnace room where the Elite Hunting folks dispose of their victims' corpses (remember that big dude in the apron who carts around bodies and parts?). There is also a scent thingy situated right above the boiler that will evidently emit the smell of burning flesh so I think this will be a kickass effect and fit perfectly into Hostel.

Or maybe he's just a fan of the film? Haha. You can definitely count me as someone who would love to see an Evil Dead maze at HHN. I would think that it would probably be more Evil Dead 1 and 2 and less AoD (just because it would work better as a maze imo) but either way it would be badass. Let's just hope they don't base it on the upcoming remake which, if rumors prove true is going to be penned by Diablo Cody, will definitely suck dog balls.

This maze is shaping up to be awesome just as I thought it would. I'm not sure why people are worried about the boiler prop being reused. They have actually used that prop pretty much every year since 07 (it was in the Freddy mazes until they moved it to Saw). It's a pretty generic peice of scenery and they obviously reuse many props and set pieces every year. This isn't lazy or cheap it's just the way it is at theme park haunts.

well said ! i definetly have to agree with this. They re-use MANY props year after year :P its no big deal

I don't mind the boiler prop, I just mind it being used in the same function and that goes especially for if they took all the Saw props and repurposed them for this maze. That would be lame.

But you know what? I'm gettin damn tired of seeing that vice prop every freakin' year. 09, Chucky. 10, Jason. I can't remember where I saw it 07 and 08 though, unless it started in 09 but either way, give a scareactor something new to do.

Sweet. Hostel 2 minus gore and nudity? Sign me up!! :) Just kidding, horrornights. It was a solid heads up but seriously, that basic cable edit has to suck right?

lol yes it does ! i hate when the actors cuss and it will just be a long blank in between. I really shouldnt be spoiling myself with these videos but i couldnt resist. everything looks awesome judging this years mazes will be a challenge

• 2 weeks later...