Earning the right to wear HHN shirts?

Ever since I first went to the event in 2009, I've been hooked. I've been recently perusing Ebay buying shirts for past years that I wasn't able to attend (recently moved to Florida). Every year I buy a shirt to remember the experience. I always only buy the shirt if I've been in all of the houses that year that are displayed on the back. I seem to have this notion that I have to "earn" the shirt before I can wear it proudly. Now I have been wanting to collect all of the shirts/merch that I can, but since I didn't attend any year before 2009, so I don't feel like I've earned it.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just crazy and over-thinking it?

I guess I have the same mentality about HHN merch as I do like say if you have a shirt for a concert that you never went to or something like that. The reason I ask in the first place is because since I've been collecting, my girlfriend mentioned that I had never been to the events during those years, therefore why am I even buying them.

I guess I have the same mentality about HHN merch as I do like say if you have a shirt for a concert that you never went to or something like that. The reason I ask in the first place is because since I've been collecting, my girlfriend mentioned that I had never been to the events during those years, therefore why am I even buying them.

Because you want to show your colors :P. I should try to find the isles of fear Icons shirt since i loved that it had carnage on it.

Ever since I first went to the event in 2009, I've been hooked. I've been recently perusing Ebay buying shirts for past years that I wasn't able to attend (recently moved to Florida). Every year I buy a shirt to remember the experience. I always only buy the shirt if I've been in all of the houses that year that are displayed on the back. I seem to have this notion that I have to "earn" the shirt before I can wear it proudly. Now I have been wanting to collect all of the shirts/merch that I can, but since I didn't attend any year before 2009, so I don't feel like I've earned it.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just crazy and over-thinking it?

I've gone to all but one year. I have most of the shirts... Oddly the only one I wear is the year I didn't go :P

But, I didn't start hoarding merch until 2008. Now I have everything from shirts to cloisonnes... I didn't buy them AT the event but I was there.

Plus I mean I have girls shirts, HHN 13 "Fear this" hot pants... I don't think anyone wants to see me in those....

I think if you buy it, like AaronPaHHNFan said, you earned the right to wear it.

Edited by JWFearman

Plus I mean I have girls shirts, HHN 13 "Fear this" hot pants... I don't think anyone wants to see me in those....

Ha Ha my wife has those pants. There sexy but I don't want to see a guy in them. Although it would be funny.

Seriously though if your a fan you can wear whatever shirt you want. Look at it like your promoting an event that you love to attend. Even if you didn't attend those years you seem to know about the event so wear them proudly.

I actually like the way you think, is like your own little accolade you made,

I mean, you achieve going to all the houses and you buy the shirt, that's kinda cool but you can still buy the shirts of the years you didnt go, I dont really buy shirts of years i didnt go to, I mean, I didnt go before 2006, so I dont have shirts before, because getting those shirts makes me kinda sad i missed out, I might buy them if i find them cheap but, Like for example, I used to have a shirt from 2002, but, I didnt like wearing it because I have no idea about anything that happen that year, so i kinda get you

I'm actually a lot like you and I get your point. I have a shirt for every year I've gone to HHN (although a lot of them I bought after the fact via eBay. I was poor when I lived in Orlando). I wear my older ones and I'm proud because I actually attended back then. I don't own any from any years that I did not actually attend. So in my head, yes, I've earned them.

But everyone else is right. It's just a shirt. Wear what you want. No one is going to take you to task for "not earning it". It's all good. You love HHN. That's the only way you need to earn it :)

Edited by Creeper06

• 2 weeks later...

Wow amazing, sorry don't get the concept of earning a shirt you can buy. I have been going for years and actually quit buying merchandise in 2002. I used to collect a number of things actually gave away 3 of my shirts. I have only keep my HHN X shirt because I like the " Are you afraid of the Dark" on the back. I actually sold a lot of my merchandise and have more stuff I will be doing closer to the event. Sadly my interest have changed as I have gotten out and found other haunts and events.

:o

I've never watched this!

OH! well I'm glad I could help :)

I've been to other haunts... and I plan to go to HOS this year.. But really, there isn't anything that compares to HHN Orlando... At least not that I've been to or is readily accesible from Florida. I've been told: "Oh __ is way better than HHN!" then I go and it's... eh. OR they have one really good walkthrough and thats it.

I remember the days of Terror on Church Street and the independent haunts... they were good for their time (and I loved many of them). But they don't hold a candle to what HHN has become.

Interesting point. I used to own Fearworld.com for my FPS I was building (named the same). I let it lapse and Netherworld bought it out from under me >.<

Edited by JWFearman

• 3 weeks later...