Favorite NEW HHNXX Costume

Fallow

39 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best new costume/character at HHNXX?

• The Orfans
    • Cindy
    • FEAR
    • The Minions
    • Dogs of War
    • Stygian Witch
    • Plague Doctors
    • Z.A.P. Instructor
    • Minotaur
    • Medusa
    • Cyclops
    • Fury
    • Hydra
    • Charon
    • Hades' Army
    • Coven Hag
    • Coven Siren
    • Zombie Gras Zombies
    • Escueleto Muerte Specters
    • Legendary Truth Ghosts

I think a lot of people know now that I was very critical of this year's event - that said, one area where A&D really excelled was the costume creation for new characters. Their exquisite work really brought these creatures of the damned to life, and in many cases, made them (for just a moment) truly scary. So, I ask all of you - what was your favorite NEW costumed character this year, in terms of detail, effectiveness, realism, and scariness?

Anyone from Hallow'd Past, Twenty Years of Fear, and FEAR Revealed (with the exception of Cindy, FEAR, & The Minions) were excluded as their costumes were not new. Zombiegeddon characters with the exception of the Z.A.P. instructor were excluded due to space and since A&D has done zombies quite a few times before. (Zombie Gras was included since their costumes were to some extent new.) The Puritans from The Coven were excluded since they were removed halfway through the event. The Orfans from The Orfanage were included since their costumes had significant modification since their last appearance. The Catacombs Corpses were excluded due to space and redundancy (zombie-like corpses have been done before). Finally, Saws'n'Steam was not included again due to space (you can only have 20 options) and since A&D has done chainsaws in various forms before.

It was a tough call for me between the Plague Doctors, the Escueleto specters, and the Minions - but the FURY from Hades ended up winning for me in the end. This costume was incredibly detailed & realistic while also being visually striking and SCARY. The actors also utilized it very well, giving me constant scares whenever I passed through its room.

I like this poll!

I didn't vote on a specific one, because I enjoyed the costumes of several characters.

I liked Fear (not the characters himself, but I thought the costume was great), the Peckers, the ZAP Zombies (Not neccisarly the instructors, but the zombies, and even though their costumes were fairily simple, I still liked it.), I liked how raven's feathers were incorporated into the Coven Sirens (the realm of the raven), and the Esqueleto Muerte skeletons.

I hope to see more votes as time goes by!

Edited by The Director of Horror

This one was REALLY tough, because there were a lot of cool costumes. It's a toss-up between Fear and his Minions for me, but Fear won by a smidge because his appearance alone was enough to freak me out. Good god, that face. D: Universal did a good job with him, I thought he looked very cool and scary. The Minions were cool too, though I agree with Andrew that the actors were what really made those characters.

Honorable mention goes to Esqueleto Muerte - their costumes were gorgeous at night, the colors just popped right out.

I love All the costumes this year and all the characters, But it wasn't as hard as I thought, Esqueleto Muerte to me were the best costumes, they were very original and just so cool,

But I love the Plague Doctors, they come in second,

and in third comes Saws and Steam, I really wish you put them, I understand the reasons you didn't but, I Think they were also some of the coolest costumes we have seen, specially the guy that was talking

I really think they deserved to be here more than the orphans we saw those before, and even more than the Zombie gras because those were cool, but Saws 'n steam were more original, well to me,

Edited by black7mask

and in third comes Saws and Steam, I really wish you put them, I understand the reasons you didn't but, I Think they were also some of the coolest costumes we have seen, specially the guy that was talking

I really think they deserved to be here more than the orphans we saw those before, and even more than the Zombie gras because those were cool, but Saws 'n steam were more original, well to me,

I agree. Fallow, I think that you should consider about removing the orphans from the poll, and putting in Saws N' Steam. The SnS costumes were far more "new and original", and the orphans were basically the skoolkids, but burned. But then again, that's just my opinion.

I am glad that the Minotaur made the list as I absolutely loved that character! I know the mirror trick is used quite often, but it worked exceptionally well in the Minotaur's lair - it really gave the atmosphere of being lost in the labyrinth. Besides, the scareactor, the costume, and the sound effect made this scene one of my favorite, and most memorable, from this year's event!

Great poll!!! But so tough to make a decision. I went with FEAR. Universal may have wasted the character itself but he still looked freaking awesome in person. Medusa and The Minotaur come in second for me. Truly impressive.

I will also add that, although they've done zombies before, the zombies in Zombiegeddon were the best and most effective version that's been done.

Ahhhhh.... I miss Halloween.

• 2 months later...

Gotta give props to the Dogs. Their costumes were about as bare bones as you could get, without the $200 prosthetics, masks, glowing eyes, or huge props that other have, but they managed to consistently be the absolute best scareactors I've seen at the event. They could still be more intense and scary than the million dollar productions while having little more than grease paint and tank tops.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa I don't know about you but that Z.A.P Instructor guy he was the man, I went through that house once and he was all like HEY LOOK OUT ZOMBIES and then he looked at me and I think he was my long lost twin. I'm only voting because I'm egoistical, but the best costume were the plague doctors, they scared the poo-poo out of my out of my asterisk symbol. Also the fact that they were so overwhelming helps their cause.