Does Universal allow things like this?

Hi I am new to this forum! My name is Ashley.

And this year was my first time going to horror nights, and I had a blast. Definiely going to come again next year.

But i do have a question, i had this encounter with Jack the Clown. When i was going up to Jack to take a picture by his photobooth, he looked at me and

i do believe he said Mmm...titillating.

And im guessing thats just how his character is but i just feel like it was a little inappropriate. But i dont want any trouble, i had a very good time at horror nights.

I just would like to know if scareactors are allowed to say things like that and am i the only one?

thank you all very much!

That was uncalled for. It's a legitimate question that I'm actually surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

Most scareactors won't say things like that, but I've heard much worse. Jacks character is a sarcastic asshole who does whatever he wants. That's just the character and he's just playing the part. Trust me when I say it's not just you. But you have to remember that he's just acting an that this event is aimed toward older audiences.

Needless to say, Jack gets more guest negatives in a night then most scareactors will accumulate in the entire month.

Being that the event is PG13, pushing more to the NC17 side, that comment from Jack is very tame, I have heard worse things from Jack, such telling a guy he needed a rimjob comes to mind. If you are easily offended then you may want to rethink which Halloween event you attend in Central Florida. Any Scareactor may or may not have something to say, PG-13 as a rule.

HHN is harsh by design, unlike the Mouse where everything is family friendly. Universal recommends this event for 13 and up for a reason.

Most scarectors just want to play the role they are played with. If you get offended quite easily there are always different Halloween type events all around the parks that does not contain any of that. But don't worry most scareactors don't really verbal insult people much except the ones with a big r-rated mouth like Jack you will come and expect that. Remember there key audience is rude teenagers(which I am) and drunken/fun adults so it's kinda expected.

Hi I am new to this forum! My name is Ashley.

And this year was my first time going to horror nights, and I had a blast. Definiely going to come again next year.

But i do have a question, i had this encounter with Jack the Clown. When i was going up to Jack to take a picture by his photobooth, he looked at me and

i do believe he said Mmm...titillating.

And im guessing thats just how his character is but i just feel like it was a little inappropriate. But i dont want any trouble, i had a very good time at horror nights.

I just would like to know if scareactors are allowed to say things like that and am i the only one?

thank you all very much!

That's Jack's personality. I'm sure you aren't the other one. He's even got a firecracker of a girlfriend, Chance, he hangs out with in the Fear Revealed scarezone. HHN is certainly more adult oriented, so you're going to put up with a lot more scares, creepiness, etc. So much as long as he didn't physically touch you inappropriately like certain Tigers in a family-friendly theme park haha.

That was uncalled for. It's a legitimate question that I'm actually surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

Most scareactors won't say things like that, but I've heard much worse. Jacks character is a sarcastic asshole who does whatever he wants. That's just the character and he's just playing the part. Trust me when I say it's not just you. But you have to remember that he's just acting an that this event is aimed toward older audiences.

Needless to say, Jack gets more guest negatives in a night then most scareactors will accumulate in the entire month.

Oh okay, I'm glad it wasn't a silly question to ask.

I do understand that a lot of the guests act much worse towards the actors, I have noticed that.

I did see some stupid teens/adults try and mess with the actors and I said something.

But thank you for replying, i appreciate that. You put my mind at ease lol.

Being that the event is PG13, pushing more to the NC17 side, that comment from Jack is very tame, I have heard worse things from Jack, such telling a guy he needed a rimjob comes to mind. If you are easily offended then you may want to rethink which Halloween event you attend in Central Florida. Any Scareactor may or may not have something to say, PG-13 as a rule.

HHN is harsh by design, unlike the Mouse where everything is family friendly. Universal recommends this event for 13 and up for a reason.

Well I wasn't really offended it's just that I was just a little shocked and was curious as to whether stuff like that was allowed.

Now that I know thats the kind of character he is then i understand. My friend tol me i should have complained but i thought absolutely not because i dont want trouble and im new to this so i have no right doing that. Because from what i've seen i think people should really report the idiotic teenagers for acting extremely disrespectful towards the actors. I dont think that's right at all, they dont deserve that..

Yeah basically it depends on the role/character that someone is portraying...playing Jack they get a LOT of leeway on what they can say...in 2008 in Doomsday we had pretty much freedom to say most anything because we were violent cannibals shut out from the world for most of their lives. In here I said some VERY off color stuff...though it's also a matter of choosing the target. If someone looks like they're not going to be able to handle the comment, I won't say it. A big one I say this year is to people coming up in wheelchairs I ask them since they're not using their legs if I can have them then rev my saw over them. Tame, yes, but also fits what my character would say :) Sorry if ol' Jack put you off any...just remember that was Jack, not the actor under the makeup :)

Yes Jack is obnoxious and I love that about him. Just curious how old are you?

yeah I am also curious, how old are you?

I love all the characters, But I wonder if an Actor said something inappropriate to a guest and the guest tried to be even more inappropriate, going too far, or if people try to be weird with the female scareactors, that would just be horrible.

Edited by black7mask

• 2 weeks later...

hm. If that's offensive, consider yourself lucky. Especially from Jack.

edited to add: just be VERY happy you didn't go through Cleaver last year...

Or HellGate in '04

Oh man! The stuff I said that year!

XXX rated the whole way through that house!

Sorry to hear that it made you uncomfortable

not surprising though, that's kinda his character heheh

He was mean to a friend of mine when we saw him, but for that same reason my friend loves Jack and laughed about it

It's not just the scary aspect of horror nights that warrants a parental discretion symbol on the event. There's quite a bit of mature themes and content throughout certain shows (Bill and Ted and the late Chucky's insult emporium).

He probably wasn't aware of your age

That kind of comment is pretty mild.

Am I the only one who would have liked to see the old Chucky insult show... I do wish it would come back :(

• 1 month later...

Last year while I was going through Leave it to Cleaver a scareactor shouted honey dinner is here while looking right at me and another scareactor responded wow looks like were going to have some leftovers. Now with me being a pretty big guy I knew what they meant and honestly I thought it was pretty damn funny. To me interaction like that makes the event just that much better...

Edited by HORRORLANDO

• 1 month later...

If I understand it correctly, that Jack was THE Jack, the one you see in the ads. He's been a Universal employee for quite some time, so obviously they're going to be a bit more lenient with him. When the Rumors guys and I spent about 10-15 minutes by him, he ran partway into the woman's restroom nearby, nearly ran into a fat lady walking out, and then ran back to us and asked why Michael Moore was in the ladies room.

This is an R-rated event and should be treated as such (Yes, I know it's officially PG-13. That rarely works in practice).