House return/sequel wish list

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to see Psychoscarepy come back for awhile. It's becoming too common. The first one was my favorite house of all-time. The second one was decent, but I hated Holidays. They need to give it a few years. I still want more original houses instead of rehashes, but if they're going to rehash anything do it to some that have yet to be rehashed and deserve a second spot in the limelight, not the ones that we've seen 2-3 times already (Scarepy, Scary Tales, etc.)

hmm sequels i'd love to see

A Nightmare On Elm Street (i loved the idea of sleep well, would love to see it return with a mix of best of NOES films including the reboot)

Friday The 13th (in a soundstage with a woods setting at parts it worked great with Wolfman)

Screamhouse (yes again one of my fav HHN house series)

Interstellar Terror (loved the house would love a sequel)

I do love originals, but I've only been to two years of the event so there's lots of houses I'd love to experience.

But to narrow it down:

- Screamhouse - I remember seeing the original in Art of the Scare, and now that we've seen Cindy out and about I would love to see her in there.

- Psychoscareapy - Asylums have always scared me, and the camp value that this house has had in its recent incarnations interests me.

- Leave it to Cleaver - My 2nd favorite house of last year. The Z stands for "Needs moar Meetz!!!" lol

- All Nite Die-In / Silver Screams - I love Paulo. I love Julian. As a former tour guide for the Great Movie Ride, I like to think of these houses as GMR From Hell. Which I'm always down for. Since these were basically the same concept with different movies, a tag-team house doesn't seem that impossible. And as a Director/ Usher fangirl it seems amazing. Don't judge lol

Is there a topic for just a general house wishlist? Not sequels but for stuff HHN has never done before?

Edited by Necro.Niki

Screamhouse - I remember seeing the original in Art of the Scare, and now that we've seen Cindy out and about I would love to see her in there.

That's on my wish list too Niki! If they could produce a sequel house remotely close to Screamhouse Resurrection in terms of overall concept and effects, now THAT would be simply amazing! Out of the past three years, this remains a standout house for me personally.

Psychoscearapy- I love any type of asylum houses! I didn't like holidays, I want more of a maximum madness type house.

Screamhouse- Such a great house, so much detail. I wish I could have went through this house more than once.

All Nite Die-In-The Director is my favorite icon.

RUN: Hostile Territory-Great house, comical but still creepy!

Leave It To Cleaver- I had high expectations for this house, kinda let me down. I want the sequel to be more dark if that makes since.

Body Collectors- What a great house. I went through this a couple of times and it was always great, all the casts were awesome.

Dead Silence- I think I only went through this house once, it was great. Love the movie and love the house.

Wow when I started typing this I only had in mind like 3 houses but they just kept coming up. I could probably think of 10 more but I don't want to write that much. :)

Ok, so I would love to see a Scary Tales 4 house for certain. Someone on the speculation thread mentioned labyrinths in regards to the greek mythology house/room. It made me think of the movie Labyrinth and how I would LOVE to have that as a scene in a Scary Tales house. Anyone else second this? I'm not even sure about specifics myself about creeping this story out but I think it could be done with A/D's creativity. This movie was based on Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz after all which were part of 2008.

so funny to read the Wish List you can see That a number of people have been coming under 5 years..I want to see a Return of 1 of my first Houses Motel Hell and a return of Museum of Horror. I don't think we will see any New Line Houses, We may but I would be surprised.

I think we will see a combo of Silver Scream and All Night Drive In

I hope they redo Castle Vampyre and not redo rip off version of Vampire After Hours...

Michelle I am with you I would be very disappointed with a redo of HHN 16

Now that I really think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Scream House back... It was the first house that introduced me to HHN on the Art of the Scare... I never got to experience it. Scream House is like the "Classic" HHN house for me, for some reason.

S.S. Frightanic.

Psycho-Path : Through the Mind of Norman Bates.

Evilution.

Deadtropolis.

Terror Mines.

Now, you might be thinking, "wtf, Terror Mines?" but, if this house was given the soundstage treatment and given sets that are reminiscent of "The Decent" then it could REALLY be a good good house. ;)

Edited by King_K.

Hellgate Prison

That was the first year we went and that house scared the you-know-what out of us. It also seemed like they allowed the actors to use more "mature" language. I'd probably get banned from the forums if I posted some of the stuff yelled at us in that house since we did it like 10 times over 3 days, but it was awesome.

The Disorientorium (or something like that) was our first year too and crazy with crooked floors and strobes, it was over by Dr Doom's Death Drop and it really messed you up going through it. That would be a cool return house, but they'd HAVE to slow up the line so you aren't in a giant conga line touching the person in front of you.

Scary Tales (didn't go in it, but loved it so much I made a "remake" of it for my 08 garage/yard haunt)

Leave it to Cleaver (wasn't may favorite house of RftSS, but loved the theme/feel/vibe)

Silver Screams (favorite house of RftSS)

S.S. Frightanic (from what some say, it sounds like it was a cool house)

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

*HHN Ripped from the Silver Screen was my first year, but there are such things as reviews, photos, and videos*

Edited by The Director of Horror

• 2 weeks later...

ANY incarnation of Psychoscareapy would be great as far as I'm concerned... there is just nothing like those crazy babbling nutters and that most amazing shower & bathroom scene that cannot be replicated anywhere... When my wife comes with me to HHN this year, if there is ANYTHING like Psychoscareapy, it will completely freak her out and that's what I'm looking for (evil laughter)...hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Some requests, even if I haven't experienced some of the originals -

-Ghost Town. I believe this is the only appearance of the Wild West in Halloween Horror Nights' history... which is surprising, since it's a bit of a gold mine (yuk yuk) for scare possibilities and some awesome sets.

-The Thing. The movie's terrifying and a classic, and the house tried something new with its puppets & animatronics - many loved it for that, and as an animatronic buff, I'd love to see a sequel (even if it is unlikely).

-S.S. Frightanic. Like the Wild West, this seems to be a theme HHN hasn't utilized much, despite its many possibilities. Give us an updated combination of the two Frightanic houses with cutting edge special effects & visual tricks.

-Fearhouse/Clown-O-Vision. I love funhouses, scary or not. I know we had a recent "3D" version with Jack in 07, but there's a ton of potential angles they could take with this... it's an easy theme to work with and is a nice contrast to the typical brooding night sets (bright colors, etc.)

-Screamhouse. Love me some spooky Victorian sets. Give me a Screamhouse sequel now with our living-dead Cindy and, instead of the "minions", how about the rest of the undead Caine family.

-Dead Exposure. I'm shocked this one isn't more requested. The original Dead Exposure scared me shitless... it was a novel idea used with extreme efficiency, despite some flaws in the latter half of the house. If they were to give the style of house another go with some smartly designed sets & costumes the whole way through, it could be even more mindblowingly-awesome than the original.