For those who have visted Harry Potter Wizarding World!

thedman

My girlfriend and I finish a Behind the Horror tour at 4.00 - we then have 2 hours until Islands of Adventures closes.

Is that a realistic timescale to see Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? I had read that it can take a long time (an hour) to get into the Wizarding World, is this accurate or do you simply walk in like any other part of IOA?

And also most sources claim that it takes at least an hour to get into Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, do we have no chance then if we only have two hours? I presume that IOA is closed at night too?

Thanks in advance for any and all help guys!

D

My girlfriend and I finish a Behind the Horror tour at 4.00 - we then have 2 hours until Islands of Adventures closes.

Is that a realistic timescale to see Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? I had read that it can take a long time (an hour) to get into the Wizarding World, is this accurate or do you simply walk in like any other part of IOA?

Harry Potter is just another land within IOA so you just walk into it. You don't wait in line at this time of day.

And also most sources claim that it takes at least an hour to get into Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, do we have no chance then if we only have two hours? I presume that IOA is closed at night too?

Thanks in advance for any and all help guys!

D

OK, if you have the time and if the wait isn't too long, i would highly recommend waiting in line for the normal queue. If, however, you are running out of time and want to ride the ride then I would suggest doing the single rider line. You can't really see the person/people in your party as the seat somewhat wraps around you and single rider is usually much faster.

Speaking of the ride vehicles, make sure you can fit in the ride vehicles just inside the ride gates otherwise you can't ride the ride. I don't know you or what you look like, I am just saying the vehicle seats aren't very wide.....

Hope that helps!

When you get into the park and get to the lagoon there is a digital board with wait time listed. It will tell you wait times and directions to rides. Also, there are several others scattered throughout the park that will also tell you wait times of the rides.

If you have a smart or iphone, there is a "Ride Hopper" app that has user-listed wait times as well. I have that and find it to be a little accurate assuming that there are other users in the park.

I don't know any website that has up-to-minute wait times.

I think Harry Potter ride has about an hour wait most of the day.....but I haven't been there in a while and exclusively ride single rider.

Edited by Tman875

I was there last Friday, and the wait was 60 minutes. The line moved almost constantly, but the line is very long. But since it moved constantly, I had quite a nice time standing in line with my family and friend. Two hours should be enough, and if you feel like it wont be, just do single rider, and then afterwards maybe get a Butter beer, go into a shop or two and head out ;)