TNA's HHN XX Review...

HORRORLANDO

Just got back from being at Universal Orlando for the last 5 days for HHN XX.

We arrived at the park around 6:30 friday and was able to walk right in. The smell of the fog machines hit me almost instantly. I litterally stopped for about 2 or 3 minutes and just kept taking deep breathes. I couldn't really fathom that I was finally back at HHN again. After I came back to my senses Esquleto Muerte was the first scarezone we walked through. It was still light outside so we kinda just bypassed it until later when it got a little darker outside. Following my normal pattern that I do every year we did the soundstage houses first. First up on the list was Legendary Truth. Absolutely loved the facade, Very well done. I can sum up this house in one word. Awesome. Plenty of scares throughout the entire house and I loved the sound effects. I'm going to give it a 4 out of 5. Next it was Psychoscareapy. Loved seeing the Shadybrook building again. As usual the psychoscareapy houses have yet to let me down. Scares were everywhere from start to finish. So again 4 out of 5. Then we did Hades. While we were waiting in line it started to rain. Thankfully it wasn't that long of a wait. I was skeptical to see how this house would turn out and man oh man it was phenomenal. The facade was incredible and the monsters inside scared the s@#% out of me. Loved every minute of it. 5 out of 5. After that we saw the Bill and Ted show. I regretfully have to say that I was a little let down. Compared to years past this years show was a real let down. And wasn't that cowboy doll with the pull string wearing a mask from leave it to cleaver last year. I mean I still love it and everything it just seemed like it was missing something. 2 out of 5. After the Bill and Ted show we decided to do one more house because it didn't seem like the rain was going to stop completely so we did Hallow'd Past. Eventhough this house didn't really have alot of scares there was just something about it that I love. Seeing all the props from HHN's past really made this house worth while. All in all 4.5 out of 5. The next day we headed back for round two. First on the list was the AP party. Had a great time as always. We didn't really stay long because my friend wanted to go and do more houses so off we went. First house we hit on Saturday was Zombiegeddon. This house was ok. The scares and all around theme to it was good but I would only give it about a 3 out of 5. Next we did The Orfanage. Not bad in my book. This house definitly had a creepy feel to it. And it was good to finally see Cindy in her own house. Just wish the house was a little longer. This house gets a 4 out of 5 from me. The next house on that nights agenda was Catacombs. This facade was ok and so was the initial house. This house didn't really give that many scares because all the scareactores pretty much looked the same throughout the entire house. But on a good note the house nice and dark and it did give you a sense of claustrophobia which was kinda nice. 3.5 out of 5. After that we did Havoc. The facade was great and the house was very alive I guess would be a good word to describe it. It really kept you going from start to finish. 4 out of 5 for this one. Before seeing the Brian Brushwood shows Menace and Malice by the way which were two freakin HOT ass dancers in the begining we went and did the scarezones. The first zone we officially took out time and walked through was Zombie Gras. It was kind of small but all in all not to shabby. 3.5 out of 5. Then we did Saws and Steam. The detail and scares mixed with all that fog was a perfect match. Sting alley was the ideal spot for this scarezone. I hope that they utilize it again next year. 5 out of 5. Then thers the pumkins for some reason that area is HHN to me. The next scarezone we did was 20 years of fear. Absolutley loved it. Fear Revealed was next. This one was cool getting to see fear himself was amazing but when he started talking it was even more incredible and creepy. And seeing the past icons again was great. Seeing all that mixed in with the fire coming from the two X's really put this scarezone over the top. Great job. 4 out of 5. Next we did The Coven. Nice detail and effects. I actually got a scare while walking through this one. Good job. 4 out of 5. The final scarezone we did before heading back to the hotel was Esqueleto Muerte. Since we really didn't do this one on friday because of the rain we just saved it for when we were leaving the event on saturday. The whole blacklight thing really worked for this scarezone. Plus you can't go wrong with skeletons. 3.5 out of 5.

So that's pretty much it. Here are my favorites in order...Can't wait to go back...:D

1. House-Hades

2. House-Hallow'd Past

3. House-Legendary Truth

4. House-Psychoscareapy

5. House-The Orfanage

6. House-Havoc

7. House-Catacombs

8. House-Zombiegeddon

1. Scarezone-20 years of fear

2. Scarezone-Saws and Steam

3. Scarezone-Fear Revealed

4. Scarezone-The Coven

5. Scarezone-Esqueleto Muerte

6. Scarezone-Zombie Gras

Edited by TNA

I wish people would get 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed right... it's giving me a headache.

Ugh, yes, but I understand the confusion-we are close together, with similar names.

TNA, 20 Years of Fear is in the prop warehouse, on Hollywood Blvd, and has characters from past years, such as Wolfman, Pumpkinhead, Crypt Keeper, etc. Fear Revealed in by Mel's, has all the icons, the big XXs, and Fear himself.

Fear speaks? I had no idea! I don't get a chance to get that close to him.

We arrived at the park around 6:30 friday and was able to walk right in. The smell of the fog machines hit me almost instantly. I litterally stopped for about 2 or 3 minutes and just kept taking deep breathes. I couldn't really fathom that I was finally back at HHN again.

After I came back to my senses Esquleto Muerte was the first scarezone we walked through. It was still light outside so we kinda just bypassed it until later when it got a little darker outside. Following my normal pattern that I do every year we did the soundstage houses first. First up on the list was Legendary Truth. Absolutely loved the facade, Very well done. I can sum up this house in one word. Awesome. Plenty of scares throughout the entire house and I loved the sound effects. I'm going to give it a 4 out of 5.

Next it was Psychoscareapy. Loved seeing the Shadybrook building again. As usual the psychoscareapy houses have yet to let me down. Scares were everywhere from start to finish. So again 4 out of 5.

Then we did Hades. While we were waiting in line it started to rain. Thankfully it wasn't that long of a wait. I was skeptical to see how this house would turn out and man oh man it was phenomenal. The facade was incredible and the monsters inside scared the s@#% out of me. Loved every minute of it. 5 out of 5.

After that we saw the Bill and Ted show. I regretfully have to say that I was a little let down. Compared to years past this years show was a real let down. And wasn't that cowboy doll with the pull string wearing a mask from leave it to cleaver last year. I mean I still love it and everything it just seemed like it was missing something. 2 out of 5.

After the Bill and Ted show we decided to do one more house because it didn't seem like the rain was going to stop completely so we did Hallow'd Past. Eventhough this house didn't really have alot of scares there was just something about it that I love. Seeing all the props from HHN's past really made this house worth while. All in all 4.5 out of 5.

The next day we headed back for round two. First on the list was the AP party. Had a great time as always. We didn't really stay long because my friend wanted to go and do more houses so off we went. First house we hit on Saturday was Zombiegeddon. This house was ok. The scares and all around theme to it was good but I would only give it about a 3 out of 5.

Next we did The Orfanage. Not bad in my book. This house definitly had a creepy feel to it. And it was good to finally see Cindy in her own house. Just wish the house was a little longer. This house gets a 4 out of 5 from me.

The next house on that nights agenda was Catacombs. This facade was ok and so was the initial house. This house didn't really give that many scares because all the scareactores pretty much looked the same throughout the entire house. But on a good note the house nice and dark and it did give you a sense of claustrophobia which was kinda nice. 3.5 out of 5.

After that we did Havoc. The facade was great and the house was very alive I guess would be a good word to describe it. It really kept you going from start to finish. 4 out of 5 for this one.

Before seeing the Brian Brushwood shows Menace and Malice by the way which were two freakin HOT ass dancers in the begining we went and did the scarezones. The first zone we officially took out time and walked through was Zombie Gras. It was kind of small but all in all not to shabby. 3.5 out of 5.

Then we did Saws and Steam. The detail and scares mixed with all that fog was a perfect match. Sting alley was the ideal spot for this scarezone. I hope that they utilize it again next year. 5 out of 5. Then thers the pumkins for some reason that area is HHN to me.

The next scarezone we did was 20 years of fear. Absolutley loved it. Seeing the past icons with their own little special areas was awesome. A definite 5 out of 5 for that scarezone.

Fear Revealed was next. This one was cool getting to see fear himself was amazing but when he started talking it was even more incredible and creepy. That and the fire coming from the two X's put it over the top. Great job. 4 out of 5.

Next we did The Coven. Nice detail and effects. I actually got a scare while walking through this one. Good job. 4 out of 5.

The final scarezone we did before heading back to the hotel was Esqueleto Muerte. Since we really didn't do this one on friday because of the rain we just saved it for when we were leaving the event on saturday. The whole blacklight thing really worked for this scarezone. Plus you can't go wrong with skeletons. 3.5 out of 5.

Life; made easier!

Ugh, yes, but I understand the confusion-we are close together, with similar names.

TNA, 20 Years of Fear is in the prop warehouse, on Hollywood Blvd, and has characters from past years, such as Wolfman, Pumpkinhead, Crypt Keeper, etc. Fear Revealed in by Mel's, has all the icons, the big XXs, and Fear himself.

Fear speaks? I had no idea! I don't get a chance to get that close to him.

My bad...:P

hahahahaha! that's right, "don't like it, don't read it". thanks for the review!

No problem my friend. I'm glad that there are some people on here that enjoyed it. It's really sad that there are people out there that just don't appreciate what other people do. Oh well, You know like they say on T2-3D it only takes a couple of sad and truly warped individuals to ruin it for everyone...;)

Thanks for writing this up!

I do the same thing with the fog. I love how it smells and it immediately transports me back to HHN :D

I also agree about Catacombs. I loved the sets and theming but 75% of the scareactors seemed to be plague doctors and all looked exactly the same. Plus- even if it's "historically accurate" they still look like Spy vs. Spy and it's just laughable for most casual attendees.

And don't let internet trolls get you down. Some people have nothing better to do than go online and flame complete strangers from the safety of their keyboards. It's ridiculous. Eff 'em!

Thanks for writing this up!

I do the same thing with the fog. I love how it smells and it immediately transports me back to HHN :D

I also agree about Catacombs. I loved the sets and theming but 75% of the scareactors seemed to be plague doctors and all looked exactly the same. Plus- even if it's "historically accurate" they still look like Spy vs. Spy and it's just laughable for most casual attendees.

And don't let internet trolls get you down. Some people have nothing better to do than go online and flame complete strangers from the safety of their keyboards. It's ridiculous. Eff 'em!

Appreciate it...Thank's...B)

Plus- even if it's "historically accurate" they still look like Spy vs. Spy and it's just laughable for most casual attendees.

You are 100% correct on that. The "problem" with Catacombs is that it's too intelligent for its own good. Even a lot of HHN fans don't know what plague doctors are until after they research it specifically for the event.

You are 100% correct on that. The "problem" with Catacombs is that it's too intelligent for its own good. Even a lot of HHN fans don't know what plague doctors are until after they research it specifically for the event.

Then they learned something too. HHN is fun AND educational!

Let the field trips begin!

Mae