Halloween Horror Nights XX CD

Ringwraith

Hello All,

As some of the Vaulters may remember I made a mix last year for the event and it included a "theme song" for each of the houses. This CD was posted in this forum for 2 reasons. 1. It pertains directly to HHN XX and does not have anything to do with any of the music sections. 2. It would never see the light of day if it was in that section and I would like to spread the word as quickly as possible because the event is tomorrow. Each song is used as a base and has been edited from one addition to MANY intricate beats, sound effects, quotes, and in some cases songs..depending on how much I felt it required. I do this for my drives up to Orlando, but mostly I like to share my "art" with everyone as a type of ode to all of the die-hard Horror Night fans, (plus the scareactors said that it pumped them up each time they went out to scare the shit out of us..lol). I never claimed to be a sound mixer or a DJ, but I think I've done a pretty decent job with this mix. There are also 4 bonus tracks that were the most loved from last years CD. Have fun!

PS - If someone could zip the songs I can email them instead of uploading them individually. Just PM me...Thanks!

1. Don't Refuse 20 Years of Fear - Click Enter the Universal warehouse and awaken an homage to horror nights past

2. Anthem To The Hallow'd Past - Click This is my anthem to horror nights and the first song I would always listen to on the way...with an opening

3. Left 4 Dead During Zombiegeddon - Click L4D meets 28 Days Later

4. Rebel Rebel Saws And Steam - Click They've got chainsaws, you have water, and they know where to stick it.

5. Caution: Dogs Of War - Click Super soldiers are escaping and the national guard are running out of time to contain them.

6. Esqueleto Evisceracion - Click The funny/short song, that will make you say (HOLY SH*T WHAT THE F#$! WAS THAT?)...watch your speakers...lol

7. Zombie Zombie Gras - Click If zombies were invited to Mardi Gras

8. Pray For Black Death - Click Poor Europeans...

9. Counting Bodies At The Orfanage - Click Cindy burnt her school house down...too bad it was full of her classmates

10. The Sickly Coven - Click Witches and Sirens are calling...will you heed?

11. Echoes Of Brain Damage - Click Insane people are scary, but souls of insane people...that's horrifying

12. White Rabbit To The Underground - Click A trippy trip to the home of Hades

13. Undertaking The Legendary Truth - Click A ghost box can unravel mysteries, but you won't like what you hear

14. Enter: Fear - Click THE SANDMAN COMETH! The song was literally made the same month and year that Fright Nights began, therefore it couldn't be a more perfect ending

15. Welcome To The Palace Theater (Bonus) - Click

16. Intermission (Bonus) - Click

17. Shaun Wakes The Dead (Bonus) - Click

18. Horrorwood (Bonus) - Click

Edited by Ringwraith

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your the man! I got your CD you made last year on my computer love it! cant wait to listen to this one.

Its not letting me listen to any of the new songs..saying it needs to know where they were created,they wont open on windows media

Edited by hhn fan1214

Holy shit, you!

I thought we'd lost you when the Vault imploded, but, there you are! Last year's CD was fucking awesome, and it made the drive up to Orlando so freaking cool. I'll take a look at this tomorrow, can't really download it right now. Welcome back, man!

Your the man! I got your CD you made last year on my computer love it! cant wait to listen to this one.

Its not letting me listen to any of the new songs..saying it needs to know where they were created,they wont open on windows media

they are m4a's so you need to open them with iTunes or vlc

I had been planning on composing some original music for the event this year... but life sneaks up on you. I may get one or two done I think. but this is ccool man I remember you from the vault. I will check them out when I get home.

copy that on life sneaking up...didn't have nearly as much tim to complete.. That's why it's so late; but at least I got it done :D

I really didn't think this was gonna be around this year. Thank you so much. Last year's helped make my plane ride down better. Good to see you on here too. I got 1 request though could you post last year's too because somehow I lost it and it would be good for the people who didn't hear it. Once again thanks and I like Don't refuse 20 years of fear and Enter : Fear alot.

If anyone want mine from last year I'll post them.

What I did was take MS and Nox Arcana songs. I then mixed them, slow down/sped up, added sound effects, and added the ushers intro to each house. I never finished the Lights camera haction track but everything else was completed.

Again if anyone wants them I'll throw them back up.

If anyone want mine from last year I'll post them.

What I did was take MS and Nox Arcana songs. I then mixed them, slow down/sped up, added sound effects, and added the ushers intro to each house. I never finished the Lights camera haction track but everything else was completed.

Again if anyone wants them I'll throw them back up.

I would like to hear these also :)

First of all I'm only on song 3 and I'm in love!! Seriously how did I NOT know about this last year?!?!?!

Great job and I would actually love to get your CD from last year if possible.

Are you a musician or sound engineer? If so, where do you work and did you mix this yourself (sorry for so many ??'s my BF is a sound engineer/producer/owner of a recording studio) so we are curious of your talents!

And Jeramy, can we hear yours from last year too? Would love to hear all that you all have to offer!

AGAIN, SUPERB JOB!!! :D :D :D

I downloaded it this morning right before I had to leave for school and am listening through it now. Could you provide a list of the actual songs that are used in each track? I like a lot of the songs in there but for the most part I don't know any of them so yeah...

Here's the list:

1. Don't Refuse 20 Years Of Fear - The beginning background is Four Letter Lie's - Diary of a Scientist and then the main song throughout is New Noise, sung by Refused.

2. Anthem To The Hallow'd Past - This song was a pump-up song I wanted to share with all of you, with a sound grab of the 1991 Fright Nights added. It's called, Solidarity and it's by Enter Shikari

3. Left 4 Dead During Zombiegeddon - I didn't do too much to this one like, Anthem...it's basically the L4D video in the background and the song is A.M. 180 by Grandaddy. It's from the 28 Days Later soundtrack and the house sounded like it would be survivors tested by zombies so I thought it might have been a good mix

4. Rebel Rebel Saws And Steam - The first song is called Introduction by Sky Eats Airplane, mixed with steam and chainsaw sound effects, then it's Rebel Rebel by Marilyn Manson

5. Caution: Dogs Of War - The main song is Caution: Dangerous Curves by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

6. Esqueleto Evisceracion - a clusterfuck of Refused - New Noise, Bloodbath - Soul Evisceration, and Mexican hat dance...lol

7. Zombie Zombie Gras - Iko Iko - Dr. John

8. Pray For Black Death - Pray For Plagues by Bring Me The Horizon

9. Counting Bodies At The Orfanage - Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The Wardrums

10. The Sickly Coven - I'm So Sick (T-Virus Remix) - Flyleaf Vs. The Legion of Doom

11. Echoes Of Brain Damage - Pink Floyd - Brain Damage

12. White Rabbit To The Underworld - White Rabbit (SPC Eco Mix) - Collide

13. Undertaking The Legendary Truth - The Undertaker (Renholder mix) - Puscifer

14. Enter: Fear - Enter Sandman - Metallica

15. Welcome To The Palace Theater - the movie reel sound is from Underoath's - In Regards To Myself (EXCELLENT song btw) and then Seizure of Power by Clive Cussler

16. Intermission - Cut You With a Linoleum knife - Mastadon

17. Shaun Wakes The Dead - Wake The Dead - The Used

18. Horrorwood - He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood

Any other random piece of music, sound effect or quote was harvested by me from Freesound.org or from the film itself.

First of all I'm only on song 3 and I'm in love!! Seriously how did I NOT know about this last year?!?!?!

Great job and I would actually love to get your CD from last year if possible.

Are you a musician or sound engineer? If so, where do you work and did you mix this yourself (sorry for so many ??'s my BF is a sound engineer/producer/owner of a recording studio) so we are curious of your talents!

And Jeramy, can we hear yours from last year too? Would love to hear all that you all have to offer!

AGAIN, SUPERB JOB!!! :D :D :D

I was in high school band (a high quality one), so I have an ear for good music, beats (marching band), etc, plus I used to mix rap and rock songs unsuccessfully when I was young (trying to get the perfect song into one :D) Anyway, this is just something that I like to do each Halloween because I have a passion for the event and I enjoy music that pumps me up or something that is geared toward the event so I can prep myself every time I go. The real talent is with the artist; I guess you could say I just know how to pick them and designate them to the houses :)

My actual talent lies within the film world where I produce a web series, shorts and just got done with my first feature and am working on my second.

If I get some free time, I'll post the Ripped From The Silver Screen CD during the event.