HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've gathered so far, from best to worst, it's HOTC, F13, NOES, Saw (because it's too much of a repeat) then Vampyre? Where does Terror Tram fit into the equation?

The TT was a FAILURE to me. I'm not one to put down things but come on? I might have just came at the wrong time so i'll check it out again when i return. But i would say HOTC, F13, Freddy, were the best things of the night. TT, Saw and VAmpyre were blahhh. Actually Vampyre wasn't bad at all so i'll take that back.

Thanks. Its not that the mask is uncomfortable or anything, its just.. not as much fun to scare with one. I miss using my voice and my facial expressions and such. Since I'm not able to use all my tools, I feel like I'm scaring with a hand tied behind my back!

You couldn't yell out like some of the others were or was that just not in the certain character?

From what I've gathered so far, from best to worst, it's HOTC, F13, NOES, Saw (because it's too much of a repeat) then Vampyre? Where does Terror Tram fit into the equation?

The Terror Tram would have to be between F13 and NOES to me.

F13 and NOES were both better to me.

Like I saw in your post. How many times to go on it, though? I hardly get scared so I feel more like an observer most of the time, so I just watched people. I just wish they'd get rid of the random animal noises on the dark trail.

I can make sounds, but it is VERY hard to hear me through the thick snout of my mask so I dont bother.

And it would be sort of a waste to strain yourself to be heard, I gotcha. Still, I liked what you were doing. You and the freak that stood next to me and mirrored my looking back and forth then finally looking at each other. :)

From what I've seen, I think its a good year for guests. Its been a rough year so far for me. I'm having trouble adapting to a mask after 4 years of not having to wear one.

Trev if you were the one who scared me last night, you have NOTHING to worry about, youre doing an amazing job. (read my review in the SZ thread)

Got to go tonight! I was only there for a few hours but still had lots of fun. I did three houses (NOES, F13, and HOTC) and Bill & Ted. If anyone on here is or knows the Chicken guy in Freakz, you got me good tonight! I'll leave detailed thoughts on the review boards this week but the three mazes I did were all pretty even for me (for different reasons). We waited the longest for House of 1000 Corpses. I have figured there are a couple possible reasons for this:

1) The way I made my way around the event, it just so happened that I hit that maze when it was busiest. (doubtful)

2) People can't get enough of 3D and that even spills over into haunted houses (perhaps...)

3) It was the only completely original maze of the year (ding! ding! ding! I think we may have a winner...)

Anyway- I'm looking forward to going back next weekend to do it some more.

One thing I love here in Hollywood is that, because the park is smaller, the scarezones take up so much of it that it feels like HHN has swallowed up the whole park. That's awesome.

Hope to see some of you out there next week!

Edited by Creeper06

It seems that to you anything sounds like it's a bad year. It's still early in the season, performances should get better as time goes on.

I gained an appreciation for ours while being able to take the time to just wander about to take things in alone, and I enjoyed myself.

Onca to answer your question i went in NOES and F13 each once but i went again the next day. Onca i also agree with you. I get tired of hearing noises up the trail to. For the most of the trail your just walking so i find it pointless. Performances hopefully will get better as the event goes on. I have 7 days left on the pass so i will find out. DTH somedays will be better than most you just have to go on the right day. Like for me Saturday was a better performance than opening night and less crowded.

Well I don't think we should judge the event completely until 2nd or 3rd weekend. That should be a good indicator when all the reviews come in and all the performances are pretty much the best they're gonna get and all the effects are working, add ons are in tact and tweaks are put together.

Well I don't think this is the "worst" year. That would have to be 2008 when everything really was recycled from 07. At least this year, we get one extra maze and "re-imaginings" (as Hollywood would call it) of the NOES and F13 mazes. It's not upping the ante the way we know Universal could and should have, but it ain't bad. There's still lots of fun to be had.

So, where do we find Trev... if we were to look?

I still think 08 was the best year. I mean, by far the best Terror Tram and Bill and Ted show and adding onto what were already amazing mazes. To me, everything seemed like it was +ed on to 07 which was already a fantastic year. 09 would've been better if they did something other than MBV, because that doesn't hold much iconic weight if you ask me.

For now, anyway.

You weren't the chicken-looking one, were you? That guy got me good last night.

I've got say the best years were 07 and 09. Brand new mazes each time. I give last year the edge because the Halloween maze ruled.

I still weep for the Wolfman maze we could have gotten. :(

Edited by Creeper06

I still weep for the Wolfman maze we could have gotten. :(

How about if I join you?

You know what, just because we didn't get one this year doesn't mean next year is impossible. I mean, if they did the F13 remake (Which is striking the iron long cold if you ask me.), and if we all pitch in and request a Wolfman maze and it gets enough requests for next year then we could get it for 2011. That would be great! :)

This year in general is probably the best year in terms of mazes (excluding vampyres, ughh :angry: horrible). Terreor tram sucked donkey balls, But the scarezones were great except La Llorona. Mazes in order from best to worst are as follows for me :

1. Friday the 13th

2. A nightmare on elm street

3. Rob zombie's House of a 1,000 corpses.

4. Saw: Game on

5. Vampyres

It was a fun night and Freakz was the best scarezone for me. Some lizard looking dude got me good! and the fish chick was really into her character. Great job to those scareactors. I mainly had 2 problems on opening night, First of all, the stupid people working at the ticket turnstiles need to get their stuff together. i was in line and the front of the line pass line was right next to us and there was only one line for FOL entrance, well this dumb chick just ignored me and the rest of the hundred people behind me saying" this is FOL TOO! So you have to go to another line." I was so pissed because she had people just cut in front me like nothing for like 15min. Now i dont approve of hitting women but this chick was just rude and deserved it lol jk jk. Long story short i talked to the manager and it ended up that She was wrong and had us wait for no reason. 2nd issue of the night was Terror tram, Where in the hell were all the scareactors when i was going down hill? It was just pathetic. Other than that and the horrible Vampyre maze it was a fun night lmao. The king kong 360 was the same nothing different and my only complaint was that while you are in the tram they dont play horror movie clips. Its just the same stuff during the day, it kinda ruined the atmosphere of the event being scary. Merchandise wise they had 3 HHN shirts, One had a Rob zombie concert poster design on it that said " Halloween horror nights" on it. The 2nd shirt had Freddy, Jason, and Saw in the front ripped up and the back of the shirt had the blood font with the names of the mazes. The 3rd shirt was a pathetic attempt at a more modern HHN shirt that resembled a affliction t shirt. The HHN sweaters were ALOT better last year, I'm glad i bought one last year beacuse this years HHN sweaters were just Hoody's that had "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2010" in the front corner and thats it. No design in the back or anything, plus it costs $40 lol what a waste of money. So i guess for this year i give this year a 8/10 mainly because of the addition of the maze.

Edited by horrorfreak100

How about if I join you?

You know what, just because we didn't get one this year doesn't mean next year is impossible. I mean, if they did the F13 remake (Which is striking the iron long cold if you ask me.), and if we all pitch in and request a Wolfman maze and it gets enough requests for next year then we could get it for 2011. That would be great! :)

I will happily join this movement!!! I understand that they want to stick with movie properties for now, but Wolfman is a perfect fit! The Wolfman house in Florida last year was amazing!!! I will request right along with you.

And HorrorFreak100: that house ranking seems about right to me :)