King Kong 360 and Halloween Horror Nights.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY! I mean its still really new right now. It just opened up in July, so a lot of people have yet to ride it. (I know I havent) But I get the feeling that if enough people ride and like it, It may return next year :/. But I dont mind, it'll eat up lines, and I'm not expecting a 6th maze next year anyway. I mean it took us five years to get to 5 houses.

Well I tweeted Murdy if there would be a sixth maze in our future and said, "Would love to do it. Just need to find the space..." Then someone on here tweeted him about using JP as the maze space and said, "Well I was going to use JP as the fifth maze but then KK came up." So if Kong leaves the Jurassic queue next year (It's a bit uncertain if it will stay or not since it's popularity will die-down eventually. Plus, like DTH mentioned, do you ever see an express tram for Earthquake or Jaws?), then that means sixth maze could be possible, but don't give your hopes up.

Well I tweeted Murdy if there would be a sixth maze in our future and said, "Would love to do it. Just need to find the space..." Then someone on here tweeted him about using JP as the maze space and said, "Well I was going to use JP as the fifth maze but then KK came up." So if Kong leaves the Jurassic queue next year (It's a bit uncertain if it will stay or not since it's popularity will die-down eventually. Plus, like DTH mentioned, do you ever see an express tram for Earthquake or Jaws?), then that means sixth maze could be possible, but don't give your hopes up.

Freak this is like the 20th time you said this

• 2 weeks later...

hahahaha. has anybody rode it yet? i heard it was real corny and old.

Corny and old? No way, it was a great innovative new ride. Granted, it's not a must see, but as part of the overall tram experience, it really gives the whole thing a much deserved shot in the arm.

My recommendation is to try to get a seat in the middle of the tram. You can pretty much see everything from wherever you sit, but to get the full effect, you have to be in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you people were wondering how we would enter the attraction without interfering with the JP queue, the KK queue goes up the steps, through the second story seating area for the Jurassic Cafe, and towards the extended JP queue. I guess if KK leaves next year we know how the entrance is going to be set up.

Well the reason is cause I think it's the only way they could get to the tram from that area, so it has to wind and go on for a bit. When I first went through we weren't sure if we were going the right way cause of how long and empty it seemed. Then we saw Christopher Lloyd and figured Doc Brown would know the way there and followed him.

The trip to and from Kong is pretty damn long. Its a bit of a time suck, and I think because we did this we didnt have time for Vampyre. (mind you we didnt even do any rides) SO, if youve already ridden King Kong 360 3-D dont ride this @ HHN as it is not changed for HHN. Another thing is its very distacting from HHN, they used the normal movie clips for us to watch , and semi normal small talk, not fitting for HHN at all. All that aside KK is amazing, and if you havent seen it, ride it.

I guess I'll check it out if I have some time on my hands and I want to hold out until the chainsaw chase-out, but this doesn't sound like a completely successful "added ride" if you ask me. The system and the fact that King Kong's popularity will dwindle spells out doom for it next year I'm sure.

It was my first time on King King also, and I was very impressed - much better than I expected. However, where you sit makes a HUGE difference. Not necessarily on which side you sit, but how forward ot back you sit.

The dead center (front to back) of the tram is by far the best show. My second time through, I sat in the last car, and everything was really distorted. The 3D didn't work well in the back, either.

They really need to consider moving the Gate A line, though. They make you walk the entire route that the rest of the customers walk, yet you end up on the other side of the JP queue. There's no reason that the Gate A couldn't just pass through the back fence of the JP queue. That short path could easily hold a few hundred Gate A customers - which is about 90 more than there ever are.