King Kong 360 and Halloween Horror Nights.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no. No lock. How it will be manipulated into the event is still very unclear. Where will the line be considering the Studio Tour queue gets full on busy nights? (Barely a row or two during the weekdays though.) Will the theme of Horror Nights still be considered or will it be a straight approach for the event (meaning will it be Horror Nights screens, commentary; not changing of the actual attraction)? What the Kong - Terror Tram tram ratio? 1:4 is my guess. How much time would it take to go all the way down into the backlot just to go on Kong and go back up? There is still a lot to discuss about Kong being used this year.

No, no, no. No lock. How it will be manipulated into the event is still very unclear. Where will the line be considering the Studio Tour queue gets full on busy nights? (Barely a row or two during the weekdays though.) Will the theme of Horror Nights still be considered or will it be a straight approach for the event (meaning will it be Horror Nights screens, commentary; not changing of the actual attraction)? What the Kong - Terror Tram tram ratio? 1:4 is my guess. How much time would it take to go all the way down into the backlot just to go on Kong and go back up? There is still a lot to discuss about Kong being used this year.

OMG DTH your god you stoped the Lock! :blink: jk

but i concur we can still talk about it, but I usualy go on peak nights and never see the queue packed.

another question to ponder is will it close at the same time as terror tram?

Ahhhh, that is a good question. I have a feeling Kong will use the spanish queue. How they'll decipher which one is a Kong tram or a Terror Tram will be interesting. Will they just let a group go from either queue when the tram comes? That spanish queue doesn't even hold enough people to fill up a tram. I have a feeling after about a weekend or so they'll just mesh the two together.

• 2 weeks later...

Terror Tram, naturally. Especially if you just make a whole day out of Universal and take in the rides and whatever else you can take for the day time, including Kong on the Studio Tour, then come back in at night time and take in the Horror Nights entertainment.

Maybe they could do it like this.

Those who wish to do Kong, can and will also be allowed to do the Terror Tram.

Those who wish to do just Terror Tram, the other line.

Tram drivers for Kong will take through Kong, drop off at Terror Tram, won't bother with picking people back up and will zoom back up to the station to save time.

How they want to handle the lines is up to them.

The problem with Kong, especially when it's only Kong, is that tram traffic becomes really bad. The hill they go down to get into the "skull island" area ultimately will back up all exiting cars. At employee preview night we had this problem and wait times were somewhat long because the only attraction open was Kong and there were tons of people in line, but only 1 attraction available. So rather than rerouting traffic to a different area (say, New York City replica area), everyone is just waiting for the next tram car to go through Kong.

But eh, I guess it cancels out in the end. Either wait in a long line or wait while on the tram.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, thought I'd share this interesting bit of info. The Kong Express will be on the Lower Lot, keeping the Studio Tour queue for Terror Tram. Didn't think about that but that's definitely a good idea since it would be closer. I'm just curious as to where the trams will line up at and where the queue will be. I'm thinking maybe the Jurassic Park over spill queue or something. I don't know, definitely cool that there will be more to do on the lower lot this year!

It's gotta be the JP overspill queue. I tweeted Murdy asking him if that would make a good maze location a while back and he said, "Maybe, but I think it can be used for something else."

Edited by Freakazoid

No because look at a uni Map the lower lot is connected to the backlot it would have to be near the mummy or esculator

How can they do it there? There's too much queue space for Mummy and Saw to have the tram or queue going there. Plus, underneath the escalator is where they drop off/pick up the handicapped people to and from the lower lot.