King Kong 360 and Halloween Horror Nights.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of space right behind Jurassic Cafe. It's typically the employee entrance, but there's an empty queue line over there too.

http://maps.google.c...002315&t=h&z=19

IDK if it's just me or it that JP extended queue would've made a good maze location...but I'm going off-topic here. I could see them go down the employee entrance, down to the extended queue, and have the Express pick them up there.

IDK if it's just me or it that JP extended queue would've made a good maze location...but I'm going off-topic here. I could see them go down the employee entrance, down to the extended queue, and have the Express pick them up there.

They still need that area for employees. That's probably going to be the break area for performers as well since that's where the employee restaurant is. But that area is right next to Kong so it'd be practical.

I'm supposing Kong will do really great at HHN, because alot of people plan to meet King Kong there for the first time.

Kong will most likely be a big line eater.

And because of that, they'll most likely use the JP queue for Kong again next year - which means no 6th maze there.

Oh and by the way, do you think Uni would ever change the whole KingKong3D attraction to suit a halloween theme?

So instead of having Kong, it would be the same attraction with the same mechanics, only the animation is related to whatever the theme/icon is?

I'm not sure if that made sense haha.

I'm supposing Kong will do really great at HHN, because alot of people plan to meet King Kong there for the first time.

And because of that, they'll most likely use the JP queue for Kong again next year - which means no 6th maze there.

Oh and by the way, do you think Uni would ever change the whole KingKong3D attraction to suit a halloween theme?

So instead of having Kong, it would be the same attraction with the same mechanics, only the animation is related to whatever the theme/icon is?

no it would be way too hard and costly the only thing is the name King Kong: Skull Island Express

They could always use that location for 2012 when Transformers opens and KK's popularity will have died down a bit.

maybe but it'll be like what? 2012?

I know this shouldn't be a big issue right now but I just wanted to get this off of my mind (I apologize for going slightly off-topic.) If and when they eventually decide to have a sixth maze, they're going to have to move Kong somewhere else once the popularity dies down a bit. Let's look at all of the possible maze locations:

Gibson Lawn: Probably the most obvious location. So if it's the most obvious location, why did Murdy choose the last location that crossed any of our minds and not choose the most obvious location? He did say that the amphitheater is owned by someone else so they probably wouldn't let them put a maze there. Besides, wouldn't it be moved to CityWalk for future park expansion like mentioned in the Vision Plan?

Coke Soak: Out. It's pretty obvious that will now be the overspill queue for the Terminator venue.

Frankenstein Parking: Same as Coke Soak. Plus, parking space is very precious for an event like this.

WaterWorld Queue: Well, not really enough room for a queue. Not to mention this venue isn't going to last much longer after Transformers opens for a new attraction like mentioned in the Vision Plan.

Globe Amphitheater: Out. Murdy did say that it could work, even if they did move the Eyegores to the Gibson, where would they accommodate the overspill queue?

Curious George: Out as well. Used as overspill queue for Shrek Venue, no room for an extended queue, and parents would complain that there's nothing for the kids to do.

Tram Garage: Nay. Too much traffic from Terror Tram.

Soundstage: The theme park division would have to rent it out from the studio division of Universal so unless the event really big or Murdy relents, I would imagine not.

Jurassic Park Queue: The last available and most likely location. They could move Kong once the popularity dies down and move it to a venue where it wouldn't need a large queue (Maybe the pick-up area below the escalators or somewhere else in the Tram entrance.) John even mentioned this was where the fifth maze was going to be located until the Kong came up.

Simply put, they're going to have to relocate Kong somewhere else once the high demand for a sixth maze kicks in...unless they can work out a deal with the Gibson owners.

The Globe is actually big enough for a decent sized maze AND a queue to fit mostly inside.

The issue with the Globe is that its owned/controlled by special events and they make a LOT of money renting it out for parties and would never approve the loss of the venue for the 3 months or so required for build, HHN and Strike.

The Globe is actually big enough for a decent sized maze AND a queue to fit mostly inside.

The issue with the Globe is that its owned/controlled by special events and they make a LOT of money renting it out for parties and would never approve the loss of the venue for the 3 months or so required for build, HHN and Strike.

Hence the fact that JP queue and (MAYBE) Gibson are the only locations left for a new maze. I mean, like I said earlier, why wouldn't Murdy go for the most obvious location? I'm sure the Gibson owners didn't approve.

My bet is that next year, nobody is going to care about Kong and there won't be a demand for an express to it. We honestly don't need to worry about that.

5 mazes is good enough as is for now, for me. If lines stay as long as they are, people don't get to everything anyway.

My bet is that next year, nobody is going to care about Kong and there won't be a demand for an express to it. We honestly don't need to worry about that.

5 mazes is good enough as is for now, for me. If lines stay as long as they are, people don't get to everything anyway.

EXACTLY! I mean its still really new right now. It just opened up in July, so a lot of people have yet to ride it. (I know I havent) But I get the feeling that if enough people ride and like it, It may return next year :/. But I dont mind, it'll eat up lines, and I'm not expecting a 6th maze next year anyway. I mean it took us five years to get to 5 houses.

And next years concerns should be finishing up Transformers.

hahahaha. has anybody rode it yet? i heard it was real corny and old.

Yeah I went on it opening day, and it was okay. It was definitely overhyped... The 3D was good, but nothing revolutionary. If you haven't been on it, I still recommend it , but after you've done it once, you DO NOT need to do it again.