HHN front gate security

Someone mentioned that there are no metal detectors at HoS and little security precautions. Out of curiosity, does Busch Gardens serve alcohol at the event? It's not a direct correlation (if people intend to hurt others, sobriety's got nothing to do with it), but I'd feel even more vulnerable and paranoid trying to haunt there than I sometimes do at Universal Orlando.

I'm pretty sure they only serve beer. Last year when I went, a fight broke out between a couple of guys. We told the employee's at the little photography stand who had to run inside a nearby store to call security, which I never did see any come. The security there was pretty bad.

Almost every time I go to Universal with a bag, which isn't often, they usually ask to check all of the pockets, or they at least feel to see if there's anything in them. I think it really all depends on the employee.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with the security checkpoint, although.. yeah.. sometimes it can be an ineffective precaution. But I think it's better with the addition of the metal detector than them just "checking" your bags and be done with you, makes for a slightly more stable peace of mind, for the general public. I'm a little used to detectors going off on me by now, anyway, with two metal rods in my back.. it's just normal now although a little awkward feeling to explain in some cases.

But wow, when in the month was this fish-hooks and razor blades incident?

I don't have a problem with the security checkpoint, although.. yeah.. sometimes it can be an ineffective precaution. But I think it's better with the addition of the metal detector than them just "checking" your bags and be done with you, makes for a slightly more stable peace of mind, for the general public. I'm a little used to detectors going off on me by now, anyway, with two metal rods in my back.. it's just normal now although a little awkward feeling to explain in some cases.

But wow, when in the month was this fish-hooks and razor blades incident?

Don't quite remember. I do know that they were found fairly early in the night. Don't think there were any injuries.

This year will be the first time I will have to go through the front gates to get into the event! Our flight on Sunday the 17th doesn't land until 5:30PM, so until we get to Uni, HHN will have started. For the past 4 years we have always been at Stay and Scream (aka Finnegan's for us :rolleyes: )

I am curious if my hip replacement will set off the metal detectors like it does in the airports, we'll see??

This year will be the first time I will have to go through the front gates to get into the event! Our flight on Sunday the 17th doesn't land until 5:30PM, so until we get to Uni, HHN will have started. For the past 4 years we have always been at Stay and Scream (aka Finnegan's for us :rolleyes: )

I am curious if my hip replacement will set off the metal detectors like it does in the airports, we'll see??

If it's set them off before, it probably will. Just explaining that you've got a hip replacement will get you through with few questions.

to be honest, i've only dealt with the metal detectors in 2003 and '05. however as tedious as it may sound. it is worth the extra money for obtaining them alone. and when you think about it with HHN taking place mostly in the dark, not to mention life in a post 9/11 world, anyone could be a potential threat, so it's best to say that the detectors aren't too much when it comes to security.

I think it's less of a post-9/11 world and more of a post-9:00 world.

Agree... and, most notably, a post-9:00-in-Orlando world. I don't think tourists realize how scary Orlando can be. Just ask my future UCF roommate who is making me move to Oveido to be at least 15 minutes away from it.

Agree... and, most notably, a post-9:00-in-Orlando world. I don't think tourists realize how scary Orlando can be. Just ask my future UCF roommate who is making me move to Oveido to be at least 15 minutes away from it.

I think it's the target audience combined with the fact that Universal Orlando is in the low-rent, high crime part of Orlando.

as a scareactor, I appreciate anything Universal can do to prevent somebody from getting seriously hurt. It's pretty lame that it has to come down to it, though.

Last year, somebody tried to stab while I was getting some water in my boo hole. They sharpened a piece of plastic from the light up cups and tried to jab me in the side. Luckily, I was wearing some layers and it didn't break the skin. Cleaver got the worst of it it seems.

It sucks that a hand full of people come to the event and ruin it for everybody else who really want to enjoy it. It sucks even more that people out there want to physically harm scareactors, like they'll win some award or something.

What? are you serious? :blink: Oh my god I can't believe that, Why would someone do that? wow, I feel for you and the scareactors.

I have to agree their is a lot of fighting in the event and a lot of depraved sexual conduct by some of the drunk crowd ,and universals nack of selling boos doesn't help either way .the metal detectors both serve a security measure and a cosmetic measure of letting us know where "safe",