Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Speculation

• 2 weeks later...

I think we might see either purge tv show or another installment of blumhouse.  

I am almost certain strange thing 2 again in soundstage cause it might be in the deal. Especially since Netflix is in Hollywood. 

I would like to see Hispanic folklore. 

I want see something like slaughter sinema out there. 
I don't know. It's  strange year cause they got to compare to WB haunt now which is affecting the current pricing model for hhn. :/  
 Bring back the Front the line ticket. 
 give me slightly cheaper options 

I think we are in for a few years during which Universal will have to get creative with what they do for HHN.  WB properties are likely out of the picture if they decide to bring back HMH. Might be interesting to see if they’re willing to license their IPs to Orlando only. 

Disney will control the Fox properties. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Disneyland adds a scary, but not gory maze to their Halloween event in the next year or two. Hong Kong Disneyland already does mazes for Halloween and that park is pretty much a testing ground for Disneyland as both Ghost Galaxy and Paint the Night debut there before coming to Anaheim. Disney’s Halloween parties are moving to DCA next year due to Star Wars. They might look for something to beef up the attraction lineup at DCA, plus I don’t think they’d mind skewing a little older now that they’re in the park that sells alcohol. 

Sony has the Grudge reboot and Zombieland 2, however the original films in those franchises had mazes at Knott’s. It’ll be interesting to see if Universal goes after them or if Sony again decides to team up with someone else so that their IPs are more prominent. Knott’s and Queen Mary come to mind, but maybe Magic Mountain might be in the mix as a deal with them could also mean placement in Six Flags properties worldwide. Six Flags Magic Mountain is also rumored to be going hard ticket this year for Fright Fest. 

So for HHN 2019 I can imagine Universal digging into their own library again since they won’t have to worry about rights plus they saw the success of Universal Monsters. Nightflyers could be a possibility if it is popular since it will be on Universal owned Syfy. Also they’ll keep relying on production companies they have a good relationship with such as Blumhouse and maybe Lionsgate. Plus they’ll keep looking for new partners such as the streaming services (although I don’t see them chasing Amazon or Hulu while Netflix is around), cable channels, musicians, and video game companies. The other major media companies they could try and work with are Sony and CBS. Sony, as previously stated, has chosen to work with other events in the past. CBS does open up some possibilities. While highly unlikely, if they wanted to do Star Trek Discovery, the number of extra tickets they’d sell to die hard trekkies would probably make it the most attended HHN of all time. Of course, they can also do original mazes. Mexican urban legends or maybe some of the Asian myths that HHN Singapore has done. If they want to think totally out of the box, they could do a maze based on anime. 

Ultimately, I think next year will be a year where they’ll try to figure things out now that some IPs may be more difficult to get. I think ST season 2 is a sure thing unless ST becomes permanent. I also think The Purge comes back one more year and is based on the show. Blumhouse 3 I think will be the Happy Death day series although the Jordan Peele movies (Get Out and Us) and the Unbreakable series might be possible but not likely in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see, ST2

Halloween 2018

La llarona

AHS (asylum and apocalypse)

Escape room

The nun

Hill house 

How about a terror tram for the hills have eyes....

I posted a similar list to Orlando on accident lol. 

On 11/23/2018 at 6:32 AM, Alucarda said:

Hellraiser, Evil Dead 2, Three From Hell, Scream, Halloween (2019). 

Hellraiser would make me.piss myself. A room with those hooked columns hanging all over and cynobites hiding behind them...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly the only the speculation that comes to mind for the 1st maze could be RZ's 31, I mean Rob Zombie has brought House of 1000 Corpses quite few times to the event and to his own event along with the sequel Devil's Rejects, I wish I hope both Devil's Rejects and Three From Hell both come to the event at some point in the years to come. but I would love to see RZ 31 happen and to see Doomhead and the others, the movie is very simple when comes to a maze so it shouldn't be too much for Universal to work with. :)

I think Hell Fest could potentially be an interesting maze...especially if they plant scareactors within the groups of guests going through and they get “attacked” and dragged through a doorway or something like that. I was a scareactor this past year and some of the people I worked with spoke about how they would go through a maze and a friend that scared in it would do exactly that and the guests would freak out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

I think Hell Fest could potentially be an interesting maze...especially if they plant scareactors within the groups of guests going through and they get “attacked” and dragged through a doorway or something like that. I was a scareactor this past year and some of the people I worked with spoke about how they would go through a maze and a friend that scared in it would do exactly that and the guests would freak out. 

I haven't seen the movie but I definitely gotta give it a try, after seeing the first trailers for it, it looks so good to be a good maze to see at the event for sure and that would be so awesome, it also reminded me of another movie called The Funhouse Massacre, there was a scene identical to that type of deal.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

On 11/6/2018 at 4:16 PM, themazethinker said:

I just want channel zero and hellraiser this year.

I love hellraiser but I just saw hellraiser judgement and my God it was bad...but so so gross...and I think it would make a badass maze with the paper eater puking up in the tube, etc.

6 flags did a Hellfest maze. Normally their mazes are good but that was my least favorite. 

On 12/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, dykealiscious said:

I love hellraiser but I just saw hellraiser judgement and my God it was bad...but so so gross...and I think it would make a badass maze with the paper eater puking up in the tube, etc.

6 flags did a Hellfest maze. Normally their mazes are good but that was my least favorite. 

If they do Hellraiser, I think it will only be based off Clive Barker’s film and nothing else, the movie has been demanded so many times and I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal and Clive Barker have come together to make it happen, but I feel like this will probably just be a one time thing. No reboots, just the original 

On 12/28/2018 at 3:12 PM, dykealiscious said:

I would prefer the original. I have met Clive barker and talked to him about the power of his novels. And the original really is the golden child of series and peoples' familiarity with him. 

Well the original is the definitely the all-time greatest, I wish there were videos or more to the walkthrough to old mazes back in Hollywood. The original film would work so well, I was just saying if they were to do a best of house which I could never see them do since Universal has come to the terms just sometimes one and done with some mazes which is understandable, I could see them putting Hellraiser as based only on the first which would be fantastic, it'd make another dream maze checked off the list of all the films I've wanted to come to the event in both coasts. :) 

On 12/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, dykealiscious said:

The Bird Box: blindfolded maze, lots of wind and sound effects, clueless where you're going, tactile stuff......

Yeah, but I don't think Universal would go for the blind-folding tactic but I know they would try to use lots of Black walls, our walkthrough of The Exorcist was liked that and it was cool for the first time but after that it kinda got annoying but for this ip it would work because there's a lot they can do with it.

Hey guys! I haven’t posted in, like, a year, but I remember some of you guys from before and can’t wait to continue to speculate with the community. I think the givens for Hollywood this year are Universal Monsters 2 and a Blumhouse compaction maze (like Horrors Of Blumhouse). Other strong contenders are stranger things season 2, birdbox (as HHN now has a major connection to Netflix with Stranger Things being the headlining maze this year) and Glass, as the unbreakable cult following has become totally giant.

• Like 1

I definitely think Stranger Things will be coming back (season 2) given the success of last year. I don’t think I ever saw that line go below 100 minutes. I personally loved it, it definitely wasn’t all that scary but the sets were GORGEOUS and it definitely brought a ton of people to the event.

I don’t think Birdbox has the content needed for an HHN maze and I’m doubtful about Glass. I would really like Murdy to do at least one original maze this year

Also crossing my fingers for an Overlord maze

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Stranger Things, Universal Monsters 2, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, and The Haunting Of Hill House, after the reception Birdbox has been getting, I don't think Universal is going to change it, the ones I named I think might some interesting choices they could tackle, Stranger Things is obvious because I don't think they are just going to pass it by, not after such an amazing reception it got and how many people it drew to the event last year, so I could see it staying for the next two years till the series ends on Netflix. Killer Klowns From Outer Space, I could see being a scarezone for Hollywood if not possibly a maze since it is said to be a rumored maze for us since the scarezone was always packed. Hopefully we share the Monsters maze because it looked amazing last year and topped with Slashs' soundtrack, it was pretty great. :) 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, Barbie06 said:

Do we think if they do go ahead with Stranger Things season 2, will it be scarier than last year? It felt very family friendly to me (which I understand because they had a younger crowd last year imo). 

The reason why I think they would capitalize on Stranger Things season 2 coming to the event is because of how much buzz it had spread for the event, a lot of people went ballistic for coming to the event, a lot of people who wanted and others that didn't but Universal tries to go for the smart choices, it's not that they don't care about the fans but if they see an opportunity that would expand their event they are not afraid to go for it, they've had some hits and misses in the past but I think they hit the nail on the head and especially since we will not be seeing the return of AHS any time soon, I could see Stranger Things being in both coasts for the next two years till the franchise is over on Netflix, the show is to go on for four seasons, we are already at 3 and with Universal doing season 2 as a maze and then following it up, I wouldn't doubt them taking the chance but then again who knows what is waiting in the wings for them. 

7 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

Alright so the general consensus is:

Stranger Things 2

Monsters 2

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Blumhouse 3 (Halloween, US, and HDD2 maybe?)

Also contenders:

The Haunting Of Hill House

Zombieland 2

Three From Hell (or a firefly maze)

don´t forget the thing, since one twitter post said there´s going to be snow in a maze this year.