HHN 2018: The First Purge

WESKER69

yes basically...

They should've copied Horrors of Blumhouse from last year, but done it properly (despite not having the main Purge gauntlet beginning this year)... Blumhouse film festival at the theatre. Its closed up for Purge Night as if meant as a safe haven... A Purger or two outside the theatre to make you on edge... Between each Blumhouse film represented, there'd be legit theatre hallways/scenes that would be wrecked due to The Purge. This way, we'd get BOTH "The First Purge" & "Blumhouse 2.0" without sacrificing a maze location

• Like 1

Haven’t posted in the forums in a while but I just have to get this out of my chest...

Why? Just why? I get that it’s never actually been translated as a full maze before, but why didn’t they just do that a long time ago?? It’s honestly such a waste of space right now. Out of all the properties Universal owns, they still allow this crappy franchise to be in the event. “Yeah let’s not let Murdy get his hands on a cult classic about a shapeshifting alien creature from Antarctica and have him do Purge for the sixth time in a row!” I don’t doubt this maze will have an awesome cast, but other than that my expectations haven’t been this low since This Is The End.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

Why? Just why? I get that it’s never actually been translated as a full maze before

2016 - "The Purge: Gauntlet of Fear" ....it counts. And it was awesome.

2017 - "Horrors of Blumhouse" ....while it featured 2 other Blumhouse IPs, the overall theme of the maze was The Purge. 

giphy.gif

My heart is racing at the thought of The First Purge coming EXCLUSIVELY to Hollywood HHN!!

Half a dozen scarezones just wasn't good enough, nor was a Blumhouse maze.

This franchise needs - NO - DESERVES to be the spotlight attraction for HHN-H.

Now, if they would just push that dumb Stranger Things out of a soundstage and let the REAL STAR of HHN use that glorious soundstage, all of my HHN prayers would be answered.

You're buying that, right?

I mean, I must be sounding pretty damn sincere.

Purge, and all.  It's made like a bajillion dollars, so clearly it's an excellent choice for HHN, right?

Well then...

THANK GOD Murdy is giving us The Purge (again) rather than some insipid "original house" crap.  I mean, sure, I could go all the way to Orlando and go into houses that are probably no better than Scarecrow or Dead Waters, but why?  Why would I want to go into some "original content" house where I have no idea what to expect, only to be totally confused and bored, when I can instead to into the world of the Purge (again).  So much better to know exactly what I will see and in the order I will see it - even before even entering the house!   Hell, Murdy is even great enough to give me TRIGGER WARNINGS before I get too frightened.  Here comes a black hallway - tighten up that ole' sphincter, cause it's about to rain some serious SCARY!!  Universal Hollywood is the freakin' HOME of the horror movie, and what better classic than The Freakin' PURGE!?!?  

Mr. Murdy, I am SO GLAD you fought tooth and nail to bring us The Purge - AGAIN!  I'm hoping you shove this down our collective gullets again and again until we DIE!  

giphy.gif

MORE PURGE, THAT IS!!!

Because with this latest maze announcement, HHN Hollywood is, like, SO MUCH BETTER than Orlando, riiiiiiiiight?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

giphy.gif

My heart is racing at the thought of The First Purge coming EXCLUSIVELY to Hollywood HHN!!

Half a dozen scarezones just wasn't good enough, nor was a Blumhouse maze.

This franchise needs - NO - DESERVES to be the spotlight attraction for HHN-H.

Now, if they would just push that dumb Stranger Things out of a soundstage and let the REAL STAR of HHN use that glorious soundstage, all of my HHN prayers would be answered.

You're buying that, right?

I mean, I must be sounding pretty damn sincere.

Purge, and all.  It's made like a bajillion dollars, so clearly it's an excellent choice for HHN, right?

Well then...

THANK GOD Murdy is giving us The Purge (again) rather than some insipid "original house" crap.  I mean, sure, I could go all the way to Orlando and go into houses that are probably no better than Scarecrow or Dead Waters, but why?  Why would I want to go into some "original content" house where I have no idea what to expect, only to be totally confused and bored, when I can instead to into the world of the Purge (again).  So much better to know exactly what I will see and in the order I will see it - even before even entering the house!   Hell, Murdy is even great enough to give me TRIGGER WARNINGS before I get too frightened.  Here comes a black hallway - tighten up that ole' sphincter, cause it's about to rain some serious SCARY!!  Universal Hollywood is the freakin' HOME of the horror movie, and what better classic than The Freakin' PURGE!?!?  

Mr. Murdy, I am SO GLAD you fought tooth and nail to bring us The Purge - AGAIN!  I'm hoping you shove this down our collective gullets again and again until we DIE!  

giphy.gif

MORE PURGE, THAT IS!!!

Because with this latest maze announcement, HHN Hollywood is, like, SO MUCH BETTER than Orlando, riiiiiiiiight?

giphy.gif

Deserves more likes.

Too bad 2017 killed this thread.

I am just so freaking sick of the Purge. Yeah, great, the movies are fine and all but jesus the one scare zone in 2013 was ENOUGH. Call me crazy, but 5 years later I just don't find anything about the Purge scary anymore. And now theres a whole maze dedicated to subpar characters and what I'm sure will be subpar scares.  UGH. I just want IT or the Conjuring for the love of god, is that too much to ask???

Answer: yes, yes it is.

14 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

the one scare zone in 2013 was ENOUGH. UGH. I just want IT or the Conjuring for the love of god, is that too much to ask???

To be fair,  TWD was a maze for 4  years in a row, then a permanent attraction :chainsaw:, plus it was Terror Tram & a scarezone for 3 years in a row. :zombie_attack:

Cry a little louder about it, not sure if WB heard you or not

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/topic/5550-wb-studio-tour-hollywood-horror-made-here-a-festival-of-frights/

My point was... at least the Upper Lot entrance Purge scarezone was enjoyable in 2013, 2014 & 2016... and do to the cast the Gauntlet of Fear (2016) & Purge segment for Horrors of Blumhouse (2017) was also great. The ONLY time that The Purge was underwhelming & pointless on the level of this year's maze was Purge scarezone in the Metro sets (2015/2016) & the Purge Terror Tram (2015)..

Its not like we got stuck with it for Terror Tram 3 years in a row. Or had it featured as a maze every single year since 2013. The ONLY time I'd say it was excessive was 2016 because I feel the ONLY thing that should've been Purge related was the "Gauntlet of Fear" maze. If we had gotten 3 "original themed" scarezones (even if the Metro Sets had been Dark Xmas 3.0 like it should have), that would've been perfect & another subject entirely.

I did not care for the new movie, I have the lowest expectations for the maze, I feel like IF they really needed to represent The Purge in some form it should've been part of Blumhouse 2.0 (again) or a scarezone.

23 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

To be fair,  TWD was a maze for 4  years in a row, then a permanent attraction :chainsaw:, plus it was Terror Tram & a scarezone for 3 years in a row. :zombie_attack:

Cry a little louder about it, not sure if WB heard you or not

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/topic/5550-wb-studio-tour-hollywood-horror-made-here-a-festival-of-frights/

TWD I can deal with, I still found those mazes and scare zones scary (sure the TT left a bit to be desired, but still not terrible). I just can't stand the Purge, it is not scary or enjoyable to me. Again, TO ME, that's just my opinion. I'm glad you like the Purge, I'm sure you really loved the past 5 years then.

Also, I went to the Warner Brothers thing last year and it was awful. The only cool part was with Valak and the painting, but it was a sad excuse of a halloween event 

6 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

Also, I went to the Warner Brothers thing last year and it was awful. The only cool part was with Valak and the painting, but it was a sad excuse of a halloween event 

Keep in mind, last year WB was not doing it as an official haunt. They were only testing the waters. This year should be more different :D

On 7/18/2018 at 9:44 AM, bggrenville813 said:

Based on what they showed last year, I do not have high hopes for it. 

Do not base WB event on anything last year. It wasn't even an official haunt last year & shouldn't cloud your judgement on something that isn't finished with announcements (oh hey, kinda like HHN this year..)

Anyway... back to what this thread is actually for... Here is the SDCC extended trailer for the new Purge tv series... let us all mourn over the fact that it has so much usable content than the awful new movie

HHN Hollywood -  "May God Be With You All"

15 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Do not base WB event on anything last year. It wasn't even an official haunt last year & shouldn't cloud your judgement on something that isn't finished with announcements (oh hey, kinda like HHN this year..)

Anyway... back to what this thread is actually for... Here is the SDCC extended trailer for the new Purge tv series... let us all mourn over the fact that it has so much usable content than the awful new movie

HHN Hollywood -  "May God Be With You All"

Calm down dude, I’m just voicing my opinion which is what this forum is for. I can’t help but speculate on what this years WB event could be like based on last year, isn’t what last year was kinda supposed to be for? Their quality of costumes, makeup and actors was not good so all I can say is I don’t know if that’s going to be any better. I’m not judging anything by content, at least with HHN I know the scareactors will actually scare me

• Like 2

Quoting the entire post was highly unnecessary... And there is a designated thread for WB upcoming haunt event. This entire trashing of their NEW event does not belong in this thread.

Oh hey.. look.. The Purge...

SDCC 2018 had a "PURGE CITY" (yes just like Party City) store for everyone's Purging needs. They certainly know how to promote the new show. Can't say the same for the movie this maze is based on.

2 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Quoting the entire post was highly unnecessary... And there is a designated thread for WB upcoming haunt event. This entire trashing of their NEW event does not belong in this thread.

Oh hey.. look.. The Purge...

SDCC 2018 had a "PURGE CITY" (yes just like Party City) store for everyone's Purging needs. They certainly know how to promote the new show. Can't say the same for the movie this maze is based on.

how else do you need the guy to reply?

5 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

how else do you need the guy to reply?

No he was right, that was my bad. I usually only quote whatever part of the post I was referring too but I was on my phone at the time and couldn't do that. My apologies for any frustration guys. Wesker, I wasn't trying to just trash the WB event on this thread, but I felt the need to defend myself when you suggested I was doing/saying that I was not. But you are right, back to the Purge maze. Sorry guys!

• Like 1