What will replace Bill and Teds?

I never got to see it in person, only on Youtube. My group I go with was never interested to see it sadly. I am curious though, what will replace it? They have a big role to fill. 
Will they keep it funny or will they make it more dramatic like the former Terminator?

Will they make it a variety/talent show, maybe music?

Something based on an IP? Or maybe something totally original (actually, I'd love to see Beatle Juice back).

What if however, they decided to tear down the stage between now and September and we have nothing?

I'd love to hear your thoughts, speculations, and opinions. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, fvcking cvnt said:

It’s been rumored to be a Voldemort & belatrix show featuring death eaters and such. I would be completely okay with nothing however, maybe just keep horror make up open with added stuff. Don’t tell anyone, but I never really liked B&T.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt this! JK would NEVER let it happen. It worked at another Universal park because they were just random, unnamed Death Eaters walking around. When she signed the deal with Universal, she made it very clear that they can never have actors portraying any characters from the book in things like meet and greets or shows. It took them years for her to let them just add a few Christmas decor items through the lands. Unless she wrote the script and helps with the casting, a random stage show will never see the light of day. Plus, do we really want a whole bunch of HP fans, with robes and wands, flooding the HHN gates to see a show and then complain about having to walk through scarezones to get to it?   Not to mention all the parents that will complain that they can't bring their kids? It's best to leave HP out of the event.

Now, I would love to see them come up with a Bill and Ted type show. Lets be honest, Bill and Ted were great but they were never the focus of the show. All the pop culture jokes and stabs at Disney, politics, etc was what made the show. Cast most of the same actors and create a show that's very similar but have a different set of people "anchor" the show.  Literary the only things they can't use are the names and looks of Bill and Ted and the phone booth. Everything else  was written and created by Universal A&D. They could make it work

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Badge said:

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt this! JK would NEVER let it happen. It worked at another Universal park because they were just random, unnamed Death Eaters walking around. When she signed the deal with Universal, she made it very clear that they can never have actors portraying any characters from the book in things like meet and greets or shows. It took them years for her to let them just add a few Christmas decor items through the lands. Unless she wrote the script and helps with the casting, a random stage show will never see the light of day. Plus, do we really want a whole bunch of HP fans, with robes and wands, flooding the HHN gates to see a show and then complain about having to walk through scarezones to get to it?   Not to mention all the parents that will complain that they can't bring their kids? It's best to leave HP out of the event.

Now, I would love to see them come up with a Bill and Ted type show. Lets be honest, Bill and Ted were great but they were never the focus of the show. All the pop culture jokes and stabs at Disney, politics, etc was what made the show. Cast most of the same actors and create a show that's very similar but have a different set of people "anchor" the show.  Literary the only things they can't use are the names and looks of Bill and Ted and the phone booth. Everything else  was written and created by Universal A&D. They could make it work

Apparently it’s more of a Warner Bros issue than a JK Rowling issue. 

Either way, I’m not sure it will happen, seems too good to be true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Plus, do we really want a whole bunch of HP fans, with robes and wands, flooding the HHN gates to see a show and then complain about having to walk through scarezones to get to it?   Not to mention all the parents that will complain that they can't bring their kids? It's best to leave HP out of the event.

THIS!!!! I love Harry Potter but it would drastically change HHN I think for the worse if it became a focus of HHN. Scares, houses, and all other content would take a huge backseat...we don't need HP content at HHN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rikku said:

THIS!!!! I love Harry Potter but it would drastically change HHN I think for the worse if it became a focus of HHN. Scares, houses, and all other content would take a huge backseat...we don't need HP content at HHN.

Ditto with FNAF. I do not want snowflake parents demanding they make it less scary.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Badge said:

You can doubt it, but it was cast, written, costumed, and rehearsed, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Legacy said:

You can doubt it, but it was cast, written, costumed, and rehearsed, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait, are you saying this is something that is already basically finished? Why would they rehearse it so far out? If this is just an all day show, that's fine but bringing into HHN is just an awful idea.

1 minute ago, Badge said:

Wait, are you saying this is something that is already basically finished? Why would they rehearse it so far out? If this is just an all day show, that's fine but bringing into HHN is just an awful idea.

Yeah seems early to have this done. I don't even think they have casting for houses done yet let alone rehearsed. I changed my mind, maybe a hp cameo buy not a full hp show 

1 minute ago, Fearlessferret said:

Yeah seems early to have this done. I don't even think they have casting for houses done yet let alone rehearsed. I changed my mind, maybe a hp cameo buy not a full hp show 

They don't even have the houses constructed yet.

I would love for them to bring Death Eaters into the park just roaming around Diagon Alley but at the same time, they will just become photo-ops. I still doubt we will see anything HP related at HHN this year. 

12 hours ago, Badge said:

All of that was done last year.

But the answer to the original question is either a house or a show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Legacy said:

All of that was done last year.

But the answer to the original question is either a house or a show.

Hey I understand everyone's concerns, but being a potterhead and a horror lover...this would be amazing!!

Bringing the "dark mark" to life, is exactly what the back half of that park needs!!

That SF zone while sometimes interesting over the past few years, is definitely not enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Rikku said:

It would be The Walking Dead all over again if they brought the Potterverse into Halloween Horror Nights. They'd race to cash in, and the soul of both HHN and Harry Potter would be lost. At least the target audience for The Walking Dead overlaps with that of HHN; if they did a Potter-themed HHN show, on the other hand, they'd have to either tone it down (and the rest of the event, for that matter) to accommodate the parents with kids, or face a furious outcry from such. J. K. Rowling probably knows this, too, hence why Potter and HHN haven't met before. (Remember the wrangling they had to do with Audrey Geisel for Boo-Ville at Islands of Fear?) I say that the current strategy is the best: leave Diagon Alley open during the event (it's a good crowd sink, after all), but do nothing else.

Anybody think that they might move the Academy of Villains show to the former Bill & Ted space, with the new show put on in the current AoV space? Given the popularity of the AoV show, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it to a bigger arena.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 1:10 PM, KevinR1990 said:

It would be The Walking Dead all over again if they brought the Potterverse into Halloween Horror Nights. They'd race to cash in, and the soul of both HHN and Harry Potter would be lost. At least the target audience for The Walking Dead overlaps with that of HHN; if they did a Potter-themed HHN show, on the other hand, they'd have to either tone it down (and the rest of the event, for that matter) to accommodate the parents with kids, or face a furious outcry from such. J. K. Rowling probably knows this, too, hence why Potter and HHN haven't met before. (Remember the wrangling they had to do with Audrey Geisel for Boo-Ville at Islands of Fear?) I say that the current strategy is the best: leave Diagon Alley open during the event (it's a good crowd sink, after all), but do nothing else.

Anybody think that they might move the Academy of Villains show to the former Bill & Ted space, with the new show put on in the current AoV space? Given the popularity of the AoV show, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it to a bigger arena.

Welcome to the forums :freddy: Yeah I could see AoV coming back in the B&T space, I'd be down.