Announcements

I took a look back at Universal's Blog page and researched when the first house announcements were made for the past two HHN's...

It looks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the first house announced for HHN 26 on April 14th, 2016: https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/texas-chainsaw-hhn-26/ 

and American Horror Story Volume 2 was the first house announced for HHN 27 on March 29th, 2017: https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/hhn27-american-horror-story/

So with that, can we assume that we will learn what the first house is going to be by next month or even sooner? If the trend follows, they may announce the first house by mid-March, possibly early March. I'm leaning more towards early March, but who knows. With It and Stranger Things being so heavily rumored and desired by guests, it makes sense for them to announce one of these, if not both, as soon as possible so people can begin planning their trips now. If both are mazes, they are going to draw in so many people. You would imagine Universal would make these announcements earlier than usual to get the hype train going.

I am unsure when the dates for the event were announced for 26 and 27, but from what I found, TCM and AHS2 were the first announcements made overall for their respective years. 

Sound off on when you think Universal is going to make their first announcement/house announcement concerning HHN 28.

Edited by MGregorio594
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jorgito2001 said:

If its either of those IPs, it would be WISE of Uni to announce them earliest possible (March). They are hugely followed and would definitely bring a lot of guests this year.

yeah but they had the fucking shining, the excorcist, and american horror story for 26 and 27 and they didn't get the first announcements (I think AHS was more anticipated the first time around)

On 2/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, fvcking cvnt said:

yeah but they had the fucking shining, the excorcist, and american horror story for 26 and 27 and they didn't get the first announcements (I think AHS was more anticipated the first time around)

I am confused by what you are saying...didn't AHS get first announcement last year? Teaser video was posted March 29

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Was there really much backlash outside of the superfans?

I'm mostly speaking for myself. I think doing something with IT as an icon or Jack again and making it some big clown celebration with a parade would be really fun. I know poor Jack has been beaten to death but I can't help it, I love him. 

1 hour ago, Fearlessferret said:

I'm mostly speaking for myself. I think doing something with IT as an icon or Jack again and making it some big clown celebration with a parade would be really fun. I know poor Jack has been beaten to death but I can't help it, I love him. 

Yeah, I think icons are only being used for anniversary years, at least that’s the rumor.

If it does come, I imagine Pennywise and StrTh with be in the advertising a LOT, maybe even as much as some icons

21 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I mean, it would be a pretty early house announcement 

Well ahs was announced at the end of the month last year but one of the big complaints last year was the long space of time with no announcements. I feel like they SHOULD make an early announcement and space them out equally while keeping the actual announcement days secret. I just hope marketing does better than last year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Fearlessferret said:

Well ahs was announced at the end of the month last year but one of the big complaints last year was the long space of time with no announcements. I feel like they SHOULD make an early announcement and space them out equally while keeping the actual announcement days secret. I just hope marketing does better than last year.

dude, I 100% agree I just don't see universal catering to the fans lol

Okay, so Universal just announced dates and the lineup for Rock the Universe, the Christian concert event they do every year right before HHN, for this year which is the weekend before the supposed starting date of September 14th: https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/rtu-talent-announcement-2018/

Last year they did this announcement on March 27th: https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/rock-the-universe-2017/

So the announcement for this is earlier than last year. March 27th of last year the Rock the Universe announcement was made. My original post for this thread was about AHS being announced on March 29th of last year. That's a two day period that they waited. They might just give us our first announcement by Wednesday or by the end of the week, is my prediction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I almost fell over when I saw the "big announcement" for Christmas stuff.. it came up in the news feed I have set up to review several blogs.  I had to actually click on the home link for the article to make sure I wasn't getting some weird post from last year.  And there it was - 2018 Christmas.  Seriously?  I would hope we get something by end of week.  Anything.. any crumb will do.  Please, for the love of god and everything holy (threw that in hoping the easter connection would make magic happen.. not holding my breath).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MGregorio594 said:

I'm trying to figure out if that hotel package deal is going to be the best deal or if I should wait... Last year we got the coke barcode deal and buy 2 nights get 2 free.