Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

2 hours ago, themazethinker said:

did you see the leaked lineup? 

You should probably "spoiler tag" the image. Its out there for the world to see, but still best to keep it "hidden". (Don't want the mods to flip their shit like on IU haha)

After looking into "Unfriended" (still haven't seen it yet), depending on how they approach it, I actually don't have too much of an issue with the odd choice of IP. I feel like if they make the "Ghost of Laura" an actual thing, it would give the IP a face for the scares. The deaths are hit or miss. They'll really need to tap into the creativity department to make it work.

13 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

You should probably "spoiler tag" the image. Its out there for the world to see, but still best to keep it "hidden". (Don't want the mods to flip their shit like on IU haha)

After looking into "Unfriended" (still haven't seen it yet), depending on how they approach it, I actually don't have too much of an issue with the odd choice of IP. I feel like if they make the "Ghost of Laura" an actual thing, it would give the IP a face for the scares. The deaths are hit or miss. They'll really need to tap into the creativity department to make it work.

actually the mods here are chill. unlike the ones in ush [seriously why make a no swearing rule if there's a event where intestines and bodies are everywhere lol]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

unlike the ones in ush 

Yep. Ever since IU merged with Orlando United, the forum has gone downhill. I already got a notification today from "Brian" about "inappropriate behavior" :rolleyes::lol: 

BACK TO SPEC.... 

The big question is-

Will Blumhouse 2.0 be announced at ScareLA, a haunt con geared towards SoCal, despite being a shared IP with Orlando?

Or will it be the Classic Monster maze, Murdy's dream project that would allow him to talk about for an hour?

Just now, WESKER69 said:

Yep. Ever since IU merged with Orlando United, the forum has gone downhill. I already got a notification today from "Brian" about "inappropriate behavior" :rolleyes::lol: 

BACK TO SPEC.... 

The big question is-

Will Blumhouse 2.0 be announced at ScareLA, a haunt con geared towards SoCal despite being a shared IP with Orlando?

Or will it be the Classic Monster maze, Murdy's dream project that would allow him to talk about for an hour?

classic monsters. if murdy announces blumhouse 2 at scare la then all of those hardcore fans who went there will be PISSED

• Like 1

Which means Blumhouse will be announced next week. Leaving ScareLA to announce the Classic Monsters next weekend (Sunday, August 26th). I wouldn't be surprised if Murdy also goes into more detail about "Monster Masquerade". Almost wish they had been able to keep that scarezone as a surprise announcement.

Truth or Dare will be simple scares from big creepy smile victims

Unfriended... I'm going with the Ghost of Laura route

I still haven't seen either (yet), nor have i read the synopsis of TorD yet either. Part of me feels like this might need a 3rd IP to make it feel complete. If you removed The Purge, we'd have only been left with HDD & Sinister. Despite the budget cuts, The Purge definitely made last year's maze feel complete. So this should be interesting.

"Hey Boils and Ghouls. I’m gonna be speaking at Scare LA with Chris on Sunday August 26th at 1PM at LA convention center. Hoping to bring a very special guest with me to do a deep dive into a maze we haven’t announced yet. Should be very, very cool. Hope you can join us."

Any ideas of who the very special guest for UCM would be? Personally I think that sounds more like Jason is set to be the guest. 

Edit: Not sure if it was going to be shared but according to Dr. Jimmy a Dream Warriors house was planned before the whole WB thing. 

Edited by Alucarda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alucarda said:

"Hey Boils and Ghouls. I’m gonna be speaking at Scare LA with Chris on Sunday August 26th at 1PM at LA convention center. Hoping to bring a very special guest with me to do a deep dive into a maze we haven’t announced yet. Should be very, very cool. Hope you can join us."

Any ideas of who the very special guest for UCM would be? Personally I think that sounds more like Jason is set to be the guest. 

Edit: Not sure if it was going to be shared but according to Dr. Jimmy a Dream Warriors house was planned before the whole WB thing. 

It’s been alluded to on IU forums that there’s a guest musician so perhaps they’ll be the special guest at the panel 

I don’t think they’d announce Blumhouse at ScareLA. Giving Murdy a whole panel to talk about his passion project and how he went about getting permission to do UCM after all those years, creating them to truly be scary to the modern day GP, and if there truly is a musician how they went about designing the score. Plus it’s a Hollywood exclusive, usually those are the ScareLA/MSS announcements

35 minutes ago, Alucarda said:

Ahh I didn't know about the tie in but that makes sense. 

Oh wait.

Is the musician Figure? 

He DID say Figure would be featured throughout the park this year, so maybe! That would be pretty cool I love his horror remixes

3 hours ago, Alucarda said:

Is the musician Figure? 

2 hours ago, DRLOTS said:

He DID say Figure would be featured throughout the park this year, so maybe! 

"Figure" will be heard in the Toxxic Tunnel like last year. That is the only known location at this time.

If Figure was used for the Classic Monsters maze, then people would bitch that it is just "Universal Monsters Remix" all over again

12 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

"Figure" will be heard in the Toxxic Tunnel like last year. That is the only known location at this time.

If Figure was used for the Classic Monsters maze, then people would bitch that it is just "Universal Monsters Remix" all over again

if this happens then this is me 

Has it been confirmed that it is a musician who is the special guest? 

If they are announcing UCM I’d assume it would be Jason Blum who is the special guest since there’s a rumor/talks that he is wanting to overlook the Universal Dark Universe monster movies. 

Edited by aam1995

So Murdy tweeted this morning...

"Once again the HHN panel is one week from today, Sunday Aug 26th from 1:15-2:45 @ScareLosAngeles I'm going to share a ton of behind the scenes pics and info for a maze I'm VERY, VERY EXCITED to bring to life...might even bring some SPECIAL GUESTS with me...wink, wink. Be there!"

Notice how he says "guests" instead of "guest", meaning more than one. What if his "special guests", are actually a few of the Classic Monster scareactors... specifically Dracula, Wolfman, & Frankenstein, since those 3 are in the key art for this maze.

4 minutes ago, Darkblackrain said:

Ok but can someone seriously explain to me why they decided to cut AHS from this years lineup? And put in the First Purge and Blumhouse? *sigh*

contract was for only 2 years. Murdy chose to do Roanoke "ONLY" last year, instead of Asylum, Coven, & Roanoke like Orlando did. That is the only reason why we didn't get AHS this year.

Since The Purge is easy & budget-friendly, that is why they chose to do it.... plus they own it & wanted to promote it

On 8/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, Alucarda said:

Any guesses who the musician is? John 5? 

It's going to be Slash, as he's doing the score for the Universal Monsters house.

From the site:
Inspired by Universal’s legendary horror films, the Universal Monstersmaze—featuring an original score produced and composed by GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH—will shake horror fans to the core with a petrifying modern rendition.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, Darkblackrain said:

Ok but can someone seriously explain to me why they decided to cut AHS from this years lineup? And put in the First Purge and Blumhouse? *sigh*

They had a shitload of black plywood left over, and Blumhouse just lends itself to long meaningless hallways. 

Seriously, my thought is that with people so polarized by politics, they just really don't want to touch Cult this year.  They could leave out any mention of politics, then it would just be a clown house.  Assuming they still have a contract, maybe they will do an Armageddon house next year or maybe Armageddon/Cult.

33 minutes ago, Alucarda said:

Is that what a joke looks like when you have early onset Alzheimer's? 

Um....what?  Who was that aimed at and why?

If it was me, not funny, thank you.  My dad suffered from Alzheimer's for many years, and I am therefore at risk of early onset.  Not really a thing to joke about. 

Kinda like how cervical cancer is not very funny, right?  That would be my wife's mother, putting her at great risk. But whatever floats your boat.

I mean, how is anyone supposed to know, right?  But that's why it's not a brilliant idea to throw snark like that out there on a board where you know no one...?

I'm not 100% certain, but Slash makes the most sense.  From the site:

Inspired by Universal’s legendary horror films, the Universal Monstersmaze—featuring an original score produced and composed by GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH—will shake horror fans to the core with a petrifying modern rendition.

• Like 1