Spin this backwards on your record player

PleaseAndThankYou

Okay now I've seen All The Things except the Shows.

I want to see Bill and Ted, but only because it's the last one. My brother and my best man from my wedding have both given it positive reviews with no spoilers. I figure it's probably a Greatest Hits and they may've pulled a half hour of successful jokes out of the 20+ years of shows. And then, like, added Pennywise, probably. 

Did I mention that I think Bill and Ted is ridiculous and bad? 

I haven't seen the Dancing show either because I couldn't possibly care less. Sorrynotsorry. I didn't buy a FFP + Express to see #*$(#&$(* dancing. I never did, not the past too-many-to-make-me-not-feel-old years. 

Have you ever noticed how there are tons of conflicting and stupidly-worded (sometimes) ways to say you are apathetic? "I could care less" "I couldnt care less" etc. etc. etc. 

Yeah, I care more about that grammatical mix of idioms than I do about Dancing. Sorry, weird white mask Jabberwocks or weird... idk, anything else. Are they even different people? It's like they just change clothes and do the same show every year. 

That said, this seemed to be a theme this year.

What's new?

I don't know. It's only been ten years or so that I've been Frequenting HHN... But I haven't seen the severed head gag from Ash and .... No wait I'll think of something else that's new. Let's go through!

I'll go through in the way that I go through the park. If you come in at 6:00 (on the clock face, that is), then go counter-clockwise, AHS is a tolerable line. That's how I've done it every night. 

Almost every night. And almost like that.

Either way we definitely always skip the first scare zone, even if we walk right the hell through it.

The front-facing scarezone - the literal FIRST THING people see from the gate - is full of Stuff From Elsewhere In The Park???

This is clearly a legal-nonsense scarezone to me. It's like they had something planned, then had to cancel that morning. It looks to me like when those characters come off shift in the house, they have to go out to that SZ. They're tired, they're beat up, they're running on fumes, and ... You know what? Since I always go right instead of straight, I am too when I see them. 

It makes for great Awful Pictures! 

As I type this, it is almost Legit Cold (aka, anything below 55F) . . . And one of the main reasons we do HHN is because it's fun to walk through The World as the environment (aka "outside") moves from "Completely Intolerable" to "Okay." 

I have mostly been soaked in sweat and had actively-forming blisters on my feet this year at HHN. It's been miserable. I feel like the people in that first scarezone feel the same way, and thats more horrifying than anything in the world.

So, That Scarezone (I refuse to learn any of the names of the SZs this year) :   D---- ......... Just above an F because at least the scareactors are as miserable as I am with the whole thing by that point.  

But that's not how we roll.

You don't do ten years of FFP and start with the house labelled A on the map. 

No, you start with SAW!! 

Unless you're me, who has gone through SAW one time. I give that house a 78.69234% ....... because I've been through it once and it was ok. But one time isn't enough to rate. The GATs, I'm told, actually DO in fact do things . . . . .  I went through in the middle of a group of However Many . . . . And they didn't. 

But who cares? SAW UGAIZ! Grade: 91.8732% 

Really though, most nights . . . . . 

Most nights, my friends . . . . They started with the one thing I will miss from this year, and that is . . . . A Journey To Jacksonville.

It's paradise.

Everybody else in the world besides Bruce Campbell (maybe) disagrees with me about that being the funniest #(%*&#% thing in the universe. 

There's DEFINITELY another Me on the writing staff for Ash vs Evil Dead, because Ash thinking Jacksonville is paradise is . . . . . Perfect.

And I friggin' love this house. 

I'm an Adult. I've been to HHN a zillion times with my FFP. So much so that I'm concealing my identity here. And this is perhaps my favorite house ever.

Why?

Because nobody is trying to "Scare" me. 

I'm sorry, but if you're on these forums and you still get scared by people who jump out in masks  - be they scarecrows, vampires, or my butt - you are a self-flagellating wuss. 

The rest of us who go to HHN frequently ... We go to appreciate other things. And Ash is the most Fun house I've ever been in. 

Heckskin (or whatever you Christian Americans say) . . .  Just the Jacksonville scene at the end. . . .  I'd willingly buy the wife and I the FFP+Express again just for that. HE MADE IT, YOU GUYS!

Yeah there's stuff in the house from the second season...

And yeah, every single person who isn't either me or married to me didn't "get" this house AT ALL ...

And yeah the house is corny as hell, but that's by design!

All of it!

All of it is by design!

And ... having been the only person in ANY party I've visited with (believe it or not, some people think it's cool to hang out with me) . .... to think this house was even "good". ..... I care naught. 

And the less I care the better it gets. You'd understand if you watched the show. But you don't. 

Well maybe YOU do since you're into that stuff . . . but . . . Nobody else is watching friggin Ash Vs Evil Dead on the friggin Starz network. 

I didn't either - did you? I don't even think I get Starz. I've checked more than once. There's an answer to this question, and I could get it by pushing a few buttons right now on a remote control but, see, the thing is..  I don't care. 

AvED . . . Is a perfect representation of the spirit of the show, and in ten years of Seriously Going to HHN . . . This may be my favorite house ever.

It's definitely my favorite house this year.

I recognize that I may be alone in this. . . . I've got a Crew of Four! . . . .  Only my wife gets it . . . . Even all the people we've brought with us . . . they don't get it. 

Of COURSE they don't. I swear there's no mention of Jacksonville but my dumb self, I get to the end where Ash is FINALLY in Jacksonville and I want to cheer!!!! 

It brings a tear to my eye. Because I realized that the story is out of order for a reason. You think Ash can put any of those rooms in the correct chronological order?

You think he cares enough to try???

So, my official review of Ash vs Evil Dead? 100%. The best HHN house I've ever been through. The only drawback is the stupid startlescare where the one guy jumps out in the bathroom ranting about AshySlashy. But Eff that guy (sorry that guy - I think you're on these forums.... it's nothing personal).

This house is FUN.

NONE OF THE OTHER ONES ARE. EVER. 

I always say there's one joke house a year (meetz?) and one "for real this could be scary" house (dead exposure?). The joke house is usually kinda fun but - much like the show - the Ash house is ............................ Heck (lol at writing clean) ................ Just ......... Cool. 

And even though they try to avoid it, maybe subvert it (the show certainly does), there's a story to this house.

'Cept, thing is, Ash isn't the protagonist. You are. And you're just going through this stuff, trying to get to Jacksonville.

Nobody but the other three people who watch the show and have lived in FL and been to Jacksonville get that fully.

Take it from a Floridonian, people from Better Places  (aka, not Florida) - Jacksonville SUCKS!!!!!!

Thinking of Jville as paradise is like imagining the best parcel delivery system as Pigeon! 

I friggin' love this house. 

Did I already review the Saw house? It took a couple visits to see it, since for some reason it doesn't factor into the pre-ordained "go counterclockwise, IDIOT" plan . . .  

JK. My full Saw review is above.

-------

Stripper SZ

Look, here's the thing . . . . All of you (insert dehumanizing word for girls) are (insert something else horrible, as much as you want).

But I don't take my wife to strip clubs. I've actually never been in one myself, and I'm closer to "40" than to "carded"

I ................. 

They play "Orion" there sometimes. Or they used to. I don't know. 

But I'm old enough to know that song......................... bawwwww (ts ts ts ts ts) baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (ts ts ts ts ts ts) .......... etc. You get it.

Or you friggin don't and you just hear it as another set of noises to rub your Junk on things to. 

Grade? LOL are we still doin' that?

--------

Next set!

Next set is the scarecrow house and the ..... "vampire?" house

Scarecrows.................. they eff people right the eff up .......... who have never been to HHN. OMG its amazing!

Hive................................they eff people right the eff up...........who have never been to HHN.  OMG its amazing!

What, are those too similar?

Okay, person who DEFINITELY isnt on HHN's ............... team. Yes. Yes they are too similar

It's a little upsetting that they take their loyals for granted. The "punters" as they are called in the uk... they come in and......whatever. Everything is terrifying and new.

The locals??? LOL!! Screw us!

Here's a secret - HHN is literally the only reason I'm living in Orlando.

My first wedding anniversary is next Tuesday.

To rephrase, Someone agreed to marry me on Halloween. 

HHN plays deep into our relationship. 

And my life! I'm wearing a HHN shirt right now by kinda-coincidence.

I say kinda because .. Like..... Most of our clothes are HHN.

They ........ they....... in the past, see......... they...........c....car....................nevermind. Back to the review.

Scarecrows? House gets a B because I was bored but I convinced my brother to look up for crows and he got Pooped on.

Hive? LoL it woulda sucked even if the Conjuring didn't drop out.

So here's the thing . . . .  I'm not a casual viewer ..  .  I haven't been, for a long time.. But ....

The other thing is.  . . I've been watching the event descend in quality. Not a bit - A LOT! 

SSssoo......... no icons anymore and no Real Drinks at the bar.....and........ see, thing is, that.. They............. you know, like, "They" ?........ dgaf about you. It's all money.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo you do the walking dead 100 years in a row util ppl cry out like Mugatu, saying they're the SAME HOUSE.

Okay, well, what about the Purge?

THE FRIGGIN PURGE OMG

WHO CARESSSSSSSSs

The Purge is in THREE places this year: Blumhouse, the Purge "scare" zone, and the stupid I-know-the-name-but-its-terrible scarezone at the front of the park. 

AND SCREW THAT

That............................. Is where I land on the Blumhouse house. It's clear to me that things got messed up with the contract. Again. Contracts with that studio got Effed at the last minute last year, and "the purge" is just like... people........in masks..with knives.......................... 

And the Blumhouse house?

it's terrible. 

Seriously, you say what movie it is on the wall? 

Well...... Dear Blumhouse -

1- Everybody pronounces it "bloom" - stfu with "blum, rhymes with plum"

2- a corner hallway isnt allowed to be advertised as a....................... anything

3- every single thing youve done has been better than this house

What the F was next........

I guess it must've been the other two "original" houses that used the voodoo queen and .......... idk, all of hhn xx? 

or, ykknow, "Dead Water" and "Fallen" or ........ whatever........

Does the first scareactor in Dead Water get constantly hit? I've been through several times in several states of drunkenness . . . . Luckily I was sober the first time through, so I knew to hold myself up against the crooked floor . . . Else that SOB wouldve gotten hit in the face by accident. Because of COURSE if youre right handed you put your hand to the right.................................

RIGHT into that persons face. 

And then, what, AHS and The Shining?

idk. They were ok. That's my entire review of both. Collectively. 

Overall?

Wifey says that they fired somebody who cared and hired someone who sucks. 

I agree. That's how this year looks to me.

We have the FFP but I think overall we'll only go 6 times this year. Because it's garbage. 

Last year I'm pretty sure we went more than 15 times. It was harder to count .. . .

For 25? We basically lived there. I'm wearing a shirt from it. My wife's asleep and she's wearing a shirt from it. Both obviously complete coincidence as I write my review of this year.

Summary of my review of this year? 61% 

You didn't fail, but you came REEEEEEEEEEEally close............... 

Only because stupid loyalists like me will still go. All the people I've taken with me.... And talked into getting express passes (this event is useless nonsense without it) ....................... give it an F. Not one of them will go again. Just like last year. Except a different group of people.

Uni couldn't give two S or an F about any of this. Yet they still try to grab me to survey me. 

LOL........................ 

People ask me about HHN and i ask if theyve seen ash vs evil dead.

If they have, I tell them it's worth visiting... on a Wednesday.

If they haven't ......... I tell them to wait until next year (hopefully) when they (hopefully) have an icon or something or (hopefully) have some kind of cohesion to the event.

But this year?

My takeaway is a bunch of forgettable houses, a square commemorative cup that is split in half so it can't be stacked, a sh---y straw in that cup, and a complete waste of money. 

But that's okay, right?

Right??

I mean . . . .even Metallica had a Poo album, right?

So HHNs allowed to have an off year, right?

Well........ This is the only place I can say this and be understood........ But wifey and I only live in Orlando because of HHN.

And we're now actively looking to move. 

Because we're over it. There's five more days or whatever that our FFP works . .  . .. . But neither of us want to go, any of those days.

It commits the Cardinal Sin of Horror.

It's boring.

Maybe we've just been too many times. But we know where every single one of the scareactors are, and there is no more "scare" - there is only "startle" ......

Possible responses to this, if any .......... "So stop going" .......... Answer ....... "uh, we will"........... 

"Youre really negative"   ......... "no."

"ash v evil dead was nonsense"   "RIGHT?? Jacksonville rules!!!!!!"

"---" (that's the typed out sound of nobody reading or responding) .................. "-----"

Man. Jacksonville awaits. 

Also, the alien scarezone sounded AWESOME but its the second worst scarezone i've seen in too-many-years.........The first being the effing scarezone THiS YEAR that is just..... people on C shift dinner break. 

I'd complain to Uni but....... nah.

Overall, I give the event 4/5 stars.

7 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

what about 25 did you like so much better than this year and last year?

There wasn't a weak link, simply put. 

Even though AWiL was almost a literal repeat (I say "almost" because I know if I don't someone will point out that there were several new puppets . . .) and it had a Walking Dead house ... I thought everything else was awesome. 

Plus I guess I gained a whole different layer of appreciation for it by going through the lights-on tour. We've done it many times, but didn't do it last year IN PROTEST. 

Maybe we're just getting jaded. By the time you've been to HHN 100 times it's almost like you know where everybody is going to be, and the only difference between the houses is what kind of masks they're wearing. That could be said about any year, I suppose, and a lot of that disappears after the lights-on tour. 

For instance, the Scarecrow house apparently has a story? Like some kind of progression of the types and forms of the scarecrows? No idea. 

And, you know, the 25 house ..... That .... That was awesome, by explicit design. What more could you ask for than a house that's designed with the philosophy of "Let's just ... Do .. All the Best Things" ?

And then Alice . . . And FvJ . . . And . . .  And . . . And. . . 

Etc. :) 

This year... idk, it's growing on me I guess. I'm hoping to get a better liking of it after doing the lights on tour. 

^Scarecrow has a simple story, but one that I love: the spirit of the land is angry about the ecological destruction caused by poor farming practices in the 1930s, and is taking the form of scarecrows made of bone and god knows what else to kill anyone who enters the grasslands. Maybe it’s just because I love Living With the Land at Epcot, but it feels like a dark version of that.

23 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Scarecrow has a simple story, but one that I love: the spirit of the land is angry about the ecological destruction caused by poor farming practices in the 1930s, and is taking the form of scarecrows made of bone and god knows what else to kill anyone who enters the grasslands. Maybe it’s just because I love Living With the Land at Epcot, but it feels like a dark version of that.

Yeah, that's the story we got from our tour guide on UTH. We didn't get to go into the house (it's apparently pitch black even in the day), but I asked specifically about the story. 

I thought I heard something about the progression of scarecrows through the house. Thought I read it here. The only thing that I thought of last time through was that they became more like animals as you go through the house. My brother thought the opposite. So maybe I was looking for something that wasn't there.

I don't know. This house is awesome though. Makes me think of a theory I used to have that there was one Funny House and one Super Scary house every year. The funny thing holds up but not so much the Super Scary thing, I don't think. 

Came up with that idea because of Nightengales. Even on the UTH tour with the lights on, just being in that room I was like "omg get me out of here omg get me out of here omg get me out of here" lol

^I thought you said this house was good only to people who hadn’t seen certain previous houses (Nightingales for instance)—though yeah I love this house, and judging by how abnormally long the waits are by original house standards, a lot of others do too.

Thiught you said you had only been since 25. Confused.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On 10/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Tman875 said:

This might be a lovely review....but I can't get past the way it's written.

Try again and maybe I'll attempt to read it.

Posted a more thorough review ... Though I wrote one up of UTH first that was also pretty substantial. 

I'm copying and pasting these longer ones from Notepad++ ... Formatting gets kinda wonky and I can't seem to correct it.

All the ppl telling me to rewrite ..... Are youse guys talking about the format or the voice?

If it's format, this stuff is all very much readable in Notepad++ (I do this for a living). Is this a different type of encoding maybe? Got an idea how I can clean this up? I'd be happy to resubmit if anybody cared to read what I had to say :)

If it's voice ...... No. My voice is my voice. Take it, leave it, or drink some water. I recommend the third thing; it's important to remain hydrated. 

On 10/29/2017 at 11:09 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^I thought you said this house was good only to people who hadn’t seen certain previous houses (Nightingales for instance)—though yeah I love this house, and judging by how abnormally long the waits are by original house standards, a lot of others do too.

Thiught you said you had only been since 25. Confused.

Nope, way longer than that. At some point I just mentioned that 25 was .. Well... Out of 25, 26, and 27, which do you think is the best? 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:08 PM, PleaseAndThankYou said:

There wasn't a weak link, simply put. 

Even though AWiL was almost a literal repeat (I say "almost" because I know if I don't someone will point out that there were several new puppets . . .) and it had a Walking Dead house ... I thought everything else was awesome. 

Wait wait wait....you crap all over them doing TWD too many years in a row, and then you claim that (arguably) the WORST Walking Dead house wasn't a weak link? This year also had the Run sequel, and the original Purge house. Both of which are generally agreed upon to be pretty bad.

I'd argue that any house this year is better than any of those three houses.

• Like 1

I felt compelled to respond to your post purely because I am so frustrated with your review. If you are a PR rep then maybe you're a genius viewing attention as publicity. But I won't give you the benefit of the doubt. So purely by a point by point review I want to inform you why you are wrong and why this is the most indulgent HHN related post I've read on a forum yet.  

I want to start by agreeing with you about something so you see i'm not coming from a place of malice. I've only been coming to HHN since the 25th anniversary, so this marks only my 3rd year but I agree that B&T is lacking. The writing is downright cringe central. I can't even tell when the punchline hits because of how poorly written the show is. I have only attended the show because of a fleeting hope that the writing has improved but also because of the sexy dancing. If i have to put up with some of the worst jokes ever written at least give me some pulsing abbed eye candy to distract from things like a total rip-off of Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer. That one was actually insulting...literally stealing the SNL bit of a female prop wielding spicer as one of Trump's minions should be the tip off of a creative void. 

But one of your following statements 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:38 AM, PleaseAndThankYou said:

but if you're on these forums and you still get scared by people who jump out in masks  - be they scarecrows, vampires, or my butt - you are a self-flagellating wuss. 

is especially annoying. If you are affected in any way by an above example then congrats....you're a haunted house fan. Why the hell would I spend almost a thousand dollars every year to experience this event if people in masks be they scarecrows or vampires, didn't get me in some capacity? As much as I enjoy ornate sets and design, if I thought the houses weren't scary I wouldn't be going. 

I quoted a direct statement to begin the argument against your post. But now i just want to mention a glaring stupidity.  

You claim you moved here for HHN well let me just tell you why that was dumb. You have set your own expectations higher than anyone on staff could have. You moved here for an event that has to literally retool itself every year. And this is where the indulgence comes in.   

What is owed to you by an event that continues to grow every year?  You use 25 as an example but do you recall the logistics of 25? Despite a successful anniversary house and a great original show (Jack), Run, AWiL (redone), Purge and TWD were regarded as some of the worst houses in HHN memory. That's 4 of 9. This year (2017) people couldn't decide which 4 deserved HOTY. And as someone who has only experienced 25, 26, and 27 I think you have absolutely set your bar too high. Sure scarezones aren't the best but even multi year attendees agree the houses are strong this year.  

As an extreme fan you build this event up into something that may have never even existed and you insult quality houses like Scarecrow because of your own cynicism.  

I agree that some people don't get scared by haunts, which is fine, but to pass off others reviews as amateurs and first timers is insulting. I am an avid haunt enthusiast and still get scared by HHN and appreciate the effort by any good haunt cast. If you truly appreciated the craft then you would use your review as a place for critique and places they could improve instead of a cynical poorly crafted diatribe about what you are owed as a fan.  

In fact after  reading your review I wonder why you even enjoy the event in the first place as you seem to take displeasure in just about everything the event tries to produce. And again as a disliker of B&T i just don't see why you continue to subject yourself to an event you feel is inferior. I mean if the shows suck and th houses suck then wtf are you still doing here? I mean I'll certainly enjoy the shorter lines next year when you and your like stop attending. As houses like scarecrow and dead waters and Tomb get more and more intense you who see yourselves as superior event attendees will peter off. If you think the Shining and AHS were meh... then I wonder what you thought of scary tales 2 with its black light walls and cotton spider web decor? 

You and people like you who think they are some sort of originalists who don't actually understand what this event has come from, can't possibly see how the event has improved. And because you think the event owes you something you will always be disappointed despite a quality show. 

• Like 2

Though I'm happy I live in Japan and I get a crazy constantly dynamic event. I really wanted to go back to Orlando just because of the Bruce Campbell effect. I was lucky enough to work in silver screams and for two nights I got to switch roles. To a role which if you squinted your eyes and looked with semi-hazy vision, why you'd have the pit scene from Army Of Darkness. And myself getting the opportunity to play Ash. You know when your so excited for something that you can't speak right? Yeah that was me. Bruce was my hero and I had read all his books at the time and saw all...ALL the movies. I was just having FUN!

I totally get why you'd dig the Ash vs Evil Dead house. I'm truly sad that I'm missing it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 11:50 AM, StupidStupidDan said:

Wait wait wait....you crap all over them doing TWD too many years in a row, and then you claim that (arguably) the WORST Walking Dead house wasn't a weak link? This year also had the Run sequel, and the original Purge house. Both of which are generally agreed upon to be pretty bad.

I'd argue that any house this year is better than any of those three houses.

First off, for absolutely no reason besides your handle, it takes a lot to not respond to your comment by saying "shutup Dan. You're stupid." 

For no other reason than your handle! 

Anyhow .. I qualified my statement. I crap all over them for doing TWD too many times, but really, isn't it a worse Sin - all things considered - to do a literal repeat of a house? Awil was like two years earlier, LOL. 

To address the others.. I don't normally put much stock in what's generally agreed upon, and I thought the RUN house was... Was. *nods* 

Purge house was clearly just Scream. 

I stand by everything I said except that there was no weak link. I looked at the map and my pix and everything again and, yeah, there were weak links. So. . . . TOUCHE, you stupid, stupid person (again, just based on your handle and my constitutional inability to help myself!)

On 11/5/2017 at 1:22 AM, orlandoiloveyou said:

I felt compelled to respond to your post purely because I am so frustrated with your review. If you are a PR rep then maybe you're a genius viewing attention as publicity. But I won't give you the benefit of the doubt. So purely by a point by point review I want to inform you why you are wrong and why this is the most indulgent HHN related post I've read on a forum yet.  

I want to start by agreeing with you about something so you see i'm not coming from a place of malice. I've only been coming to HHN since the 25th anniversary, so this marks only my 3rd year but I agree that B&T is lacking. The writing is downright cringe central. I can't even tell when the punchline hits because of how poorly written the show is. I have only attended the show because of a fleeting hope that the writing has improved but also because of the sexy dancing. If i have to put up with some of the worst jokes ever written at least give me some pulsing abbed eye candy to distract from things like a total rip-off of Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer. That one was actually insulting...literally stealing the SNL bit of a female prop wielding spicer as one of Trump's minions should be the tip off of a creative void. 

But one of your following statements 

is especially annoying. If you are affected in any way by an above example then congrats....you're a haunted house fan. Why the hell would I spend almost a thousand dollars every year to experience this event if people in masks be they scarecrows or vampires, didn't get me in some capacity? As much as I enjoy ornate sets and design, if I thought the houses weren't scary I wouldn't be going. 

I quoted a direct statement to begin the argument against your post. But now i just want to mention a glaring stupidity.  

You claim you moved here for HHN well let me just tell you why that was dumb. You have set your own expectations higher than anyone on staff could have. You moved here for an event that has to literally retool itself every year. And this is where the indulgence comes in.   

What is owed to you by an event that continues to grow every year?  You use 25 as an example but do you recall the logistics of 25? Despite a successful anniversary house and a great original show (Jack), Run, AWiL (redone), Purge and TWD were regarded as some of the worst houses in HHN memory. That's 4 of 9. This year (2017) people couldn't decide which 4 deserved HOTY. And as someone who has only experienced 25, 26, and 27 I think you have absolutely set your bar too high. Sure scarezones aren't the best but even multi year attendees agree the houses are strong this year.  

As an extreme fan you build this event up into something that may have never even existed and you insult quality houses like Scarecrow because of your own cynicism.  

I agree that some people don't get scared by haunts, which is fine, but to pass off others reviews as amateurs and first timers is insulting. I am an avid haunt enthusiast and still get scared by HHN and appreciate the effort by any good haunt cast. If you truly appreciated the craft then you would use your review as a place for critique and places they could improve instead of a cynical poorly crafted diatribe about what you are owed as a fan.  

In fact after  reading your review I wonder why you even enjoy the event in the first place as you seem to take displeasure in just about everything the event tries to produce. And again as a disliker of B&T i just don't see why you continue to subject yourself to an event you feel is inferior. I mean if the shows suck and th houses suck then wtf are you still doing here? I mean I'll certainly enjoy the shorter lines next year when you and your like stop attending. As houses like scarecrow and dead waters and Tomb get more and more intense you who see yourselves as superior event attendees will peter off. If you think the Shining and AHS were meh... then I wonder what you thought of scary tales 2 with its black light walls and cotton spider web decor? 

You and people like you who think they are some sort of originalists who don't actually understand what this event has come from, can't possibly see how the event has improved. And because you think the event owes you something you will always be disappointed despite a quality show. 

I felt compelled to not respond to your post at all, since I normally don't entertain people a) who call me stupid, B) seem to be entirely lacking in humor (seriously, I pictured you as the storyteller - topical HHN reference! - and even read it in my head in that voice), and c) aren't really paying much attention (did ... did you read the title of this review? what do you figure spinning something backwards means exactly, person who read my review on a HHN fan forum we both belong to? Do...do I need to put my tongue in your cheek? Cus that's gross. I'm a married man.) . . . 

However, I had to point out that :

1) You can't say "Why the hell would I spend almost a thousand dollars every year to experience this event if people in masks be they scarecrows or vampires, didn't get me in some capacity?" and then ask why I would think the event owed me something . . . Still, it made me laugh to beat the bends. Self-awareness is for suckers.

2) What did YOU think of Scary Tales 2, person who has only gone the past three years and definitely, absolutely, 100% positively didn't go through that house? Is that a rabbit hole you want to go down, really? 

3) There is no 3. It's fake news. 

4) Jump scares are cheap, and I don't think that's something that's in dispute. In fact, "jump scare" is pretty much synonymous with "cheap scare." There's a vast difference between "scared' and "startled." A vaast difference. Learn it. Live it. Love it. "Horror" != "startle response" ...... Don't look it up in a dictionary. Just take my word for it. I Am Right - I Promise.

E) My internal logic is spotless.

5) I am amused at taking criticism on my opinions from people who have only been to the event 3 times. It's like talking to a child. Therefore, I'll move along and just end on this note: telling people their opinions are wrong and calling them stupid is unproductive. Why not turn that vitriol into something useful, like crocheting a scarf or ... I don't know, watching the Autopsy of Jane Doe. Or ... I mean... Really, a very long list of movies. If you ever want to know what horror actually is, I can give you a list. I'm all about making human connections, and I don't want you to hate me, random internet stranger whose name literally says you love the entire city but posted just a bunch of hate! 

<3 Hearts and Scarfs <3

On 11/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, Invader_butters said:

Though I'm happy I live in Japan and I get a crazy constantly dynamic event. I really wanted to go back to Orlando just because of the Bruce Campbell effect. I was lucky enough to work in silver screams and for two nights I got to switch roles. To a role which if you squinted your eyes and looked with semi-hazy vision, why you'd have the pit scene from Army Of Darkness. And myself getting the opportunity to play Ash. You know when your so excited for something that you can't speak right? Yeah that was me. Bruce was my hero and I had read all his books at the time and saw all...ALL the movies. I was just having FUN!

I totally get why you'd dig the Ash vs Evil Dead house. I'm truly sad that I'm missing it!

I think you are literally the third person - out of tens of billions - who has agreed with me about aved. Tens of billions. 

I guess they just don't like rock music,  deadites, Ash saying nonsense, disembodied heads, or finally - FINALLY! - making it to Jacksonville.