Jump to content

Scare Zone Accouncements


Recommended Posts

I really hope these aren't going to be the only ones this year. It's just the same as last year (placement wise, not content) except for the gauntlet being moved. Murdy did say during Q&A a while back that scare zones were coming back so fingers crossed he just couldn't tell us about all of them yet. Man I really miss having scare zones down every street. Especially when they had good ones down on the lower lot. Wasn't the last one they had down there Skullz? And even that one was lagging....two dudes walking around on stilts in that crowd didn't really accomplish much. 

 

That being said, these new themes look awesome and I can't wait to see the entrance zone!!! I mean how can you hate a Halloween Horror Nights terrifying classic Halloween scare zone! Complete with pumpkins and witches and ghosts - oh my! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure these are all of the scarezones we're getting

Entrance Zone

Tunnel Zone

Metro Sets Gauntlet

and all of that makes sense to me atleast. No zones down French Street or Baker Street is what it's sounding like. 

Baker Street will be the extended Queue for The Walking Dead Attraction like it was last year

French Street, I have my own theory for. So despicable me is not open for the event, and that means that it won't be a guest accessible area. That means we won't freely be able to walk down Baker Street or French Street. What I'm thinking is that the Blumhouse Mashup is gonna end out on french street with a gauntlet style purge zone. Makes sense to me

Lower Lot hasn't had a zone since 2014 and for good reason. That area is such a cluster that there's no room for actors to move as freely as they used to. The lower lot has become the center hub of the event since it is the middle point of the upper lot and the backlot. And I don't think we'll be seeing the return of the lower lot zone anytime soon, especially since those zones were lame anyways. Two stilt walkers? Yawn. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I'm pretty sure these are all of the scarezones we're getting

Entrance Zone

Tunnel Zone

Metro Sets Gauntlet

and all of that makes sense to me atleast. No zones down French Street or Baker Street is what it's sounding like. 

You think we'll be having Route 666 again instead of a tram that goes from where Shinning will be down to the back lot, like in 2015? Also, you think there'll be a gauntlet style scare zone down by where the Metro Set Purge zone was last year? Same size, or like the one upstrais that led to TWD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JonaMar said:

 

You think we'll be having Route 666 again instead of a tram that goes from where Shinning will be down to the back lot, like in 2015? Also, you think there'll be a gauntlet style scare zone down by where the Metro Set Purge zone was last year? Same size, or like the one upstrais that led to TWD?

If you didn't hear the news, John announced the scarezones yesterday. No official names just the themes and locations. 

We will be walking to the backlot again. 

The layout of the metro sets zone is going to be changed up according to John, he described it as a style similar to the gauntlet of fear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

If you didn't hear the news, John announced the scarezones yesterday. No official names just the themes and locations. 

We will be walking to the backlot again. 

The layout of the metro sets zone is going to be changed up according to John, he described it as a style similar to the gauntlet of fear

It's only 3/5 if the scare zones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

It's only 3/5 if the scare zones. 

How do you know that for sure? John never said yesterday that there are more zones than that yesterday. So it is safe to assume that those are the zones. And it makes sense to me. 

Where would the other two zones go? Baker Street and French Street? Not likely.

Baker Street was closed last year for the extended Queue for TWD and it's safe to assume it will be again. 

And as I've said many a time, my theory is that French Street will have a scarezone gauntlet style finale for Blumhouse of Horrors themed to The Purge. Just kinda makes sense to me. 

Plus, Despicable Me is confirmed to be closed during the event. Why would that ride be closed for a second year in a row? Last year the ride was closed because no guest accessible areas went to that area of the park, Baker Street was closed for TWD and French Street was closed for the gauntlet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are 2 simple explanations to why there are only 3 scare zones announced:

 

1. They only have 3 Scare Zones announced

2. They only announced the Scare Zones that are original concepts and are not related to IPs/Franchises because this could spoil their maze lineup, which is all IPs/Franchises.

 

I'm going to guess it's the second one.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

How do you know that for sure? John never said yesterday that there are more zones than that yesterday. So it is safe to assume that those are the zones. And it makes sense to me. 

Where would the other two zones go? Baker Street and French Street? Not likely.

Baker Street was closed last year for the extended Queue for TWD and it's safe to assume it will be again. 

And as I've said many a time, my theory is that French Street will have a scarezone gauntlet style finale for Blumhouse of Horrors themed to The Purge. Just kinda makes sense to me. 

Plus, Despicable Me is confirmed to be closed during the event. Why would that ride be closed for a second year in a row? Last year the ride was closed because no guest accessible areas went to that area of the park, Baker Street was closed for TWD and French Street was closed for the gauntlet.

He said "these are a few of the designs of some of our scarezones for this year". 

 

If if these were the only scarezones he would've said "these are some of the designs for this years scarezones".

im sure we're definitely getting an exit purge portion.

TWD, I doubt will have an extra long line since we are having an extra maze this year (Parisian) compared to last year where TWD was the only one in that area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When he said these are a few of the designs from our scarezones this year, my interpretation was that he meant here's a few of the characters you'll see in our zones. He didn't show us every single design from all of the zones, so he just said that we get to see a few of the designs

 

tell me where else they would put scarezones? Don't expect them in Simpsons or on the lower lot at this point. So the only other option would be Baker Street but why would they have a scarezone down that way? You don't have to go down to get to anything this year. Despicable Me is closed so they wouldn't want guests going back there anyways.

 

I'm telling you guys that these are our only zones. There's nowhere else to put another 2 scarezones like you guys are talking about. If you look at last years scarezone placement on the map, it showed 4 scarezones. 1 being the entrance, 2 being the gauntlet, 3 being the tunnel, and 4 being the metro sets. Take away the gauntlet since we'll have a maze there, and we're left with the same 3 zone areas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible we could have another scare zone on the lower lot. I know it does get really crowded there like you said and the performers don't have as much room to move around, but last year we only had 1 maze (2 including TWD) on the upper lot and this year we will have an additional maze in the Parisian Courtyard, so maybe that will even out the crowd situation on the lower lot a bit.

 

I totally see your point and you're most likely right, we probably will only have 3 scare zones! But I also see where everyone else is coming from too. I personally miss having a zone down by JP and the Mummy (even though it did kind of suck in 2014 with the two stilt walkers), it just changes the whole vibe of the lower lot. It just kind of loses that Horror Nights feel when you take that long walk from the end of the entrance scare zone and down the Scareway and there's nothing there to scare you when you finally reach the bottom. Thats always when I lose my adrenaline rush and get tired, but when you know there are scare actors waiting for you at the end of the escalators, it keeps you on your toes and pumps up your energy a bit

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like they were able to trademark regular names, so no need to create a name with "Z".

Also, I have no idea why anyone is even suggesting there's two IP zones, especially when Murdy tweeted this...

 

 

Add in the rumors of Blumhouse utilizing French Street, and Baker Street being used for TWDA, the idea of two IP zones this year does not hold up.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Looks like they were able to trademark regular names, so no need to create a name with "Z".

Also, I have no idea why anyone is even suggesting there's two IP zones, especially when Murdy tweeted this...

 

 

Add in the rumors of Blumhouse utilizing French Street, and Baker Street being used for TWDA, the idea of two IP zones this year does not hold up.

I love that we don't have any Z's this year. Though it is kinda weird not seeing them. I subconsciously mizz them. 

 

The website only lists those three zones anyways. Lists nothing more, no coming soon slots. Just those 3. While I haven't heard any official rumors of Blumhouse using French Street, I just kind of had a crazy idea that that might happen and as we got more info on scarezones the more I think it'll actually happen 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

Anyone catch those tweets just now? There's definitely going to be at least one more scare zone that has to do with one of the other mazes, probably French St like what was being talked about before

Me I wonder if we're getting a  forth scare zone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

Anyone catch those tweets just now? There's definitely going to be at least one more scare zone that has to do with one of the other mazes, probably French St like what was being talked about before

If they're gonna announce something on French Street that means one of the announcements is the Blumhouse Mashup... however I don't see them announcing a shared maze at a LA exclusive event... Also pretty sure that if we have something on French Street as the finale for Blumhouse it won't be listed as an official scarezone since it'll just be a part of the maze and only a one way scarezone unlike hell o ween which can be walked through freely 

 

I think what's a bit more likely is that John is putting together the presentation similarly to MSS where the twitter questions are the transitions to the new topics and maybe they just want to give a quick mention of the names for the people who haven't seen them on the website since the scarezone page didn't work on mobile for the first few days 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't mean to be that guy and double post... buuuuut. Called it. 3 scarezones and John was just using the question to transition into talking about the zones at the panel more. If there was a fourth one it would be listed on the website as "coming soon". I'm sure you can still expect something on French Street as a gauntlet style finale for Blumhouse, themed to the purge is most likely since the purge worked best in that environment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 5, 2017 at 11:29 PM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Don't mean to be that guy and double post... buuuuut. Called it. 3 scarezones and John was just using the question to transition into talking about the zones at the panel more. If there was a fourth one it would be listed on the website as "coming soon". I'm sure you can still expect something on French Street as a gauntlet style finale for Blumhouse, themed to the purge is most likely since the purge worked best in that environment

Ok, we got it, you were right, I was just speculating since I've never seen Murdy ask something like that on Twitter before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...