HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

13 minutes ago, UsherBscary said:

Those early announcements are how they get people to book/plan their trips early though.  It seems weird that theyre starting their big marketing initiatives so close to the event.

Im with CriticalAnalysis, Universal Marketing seems to have made a miscalculation with their strategy here.

I agree but, they have already released arguably the 2 biggest things that are going to drive in the crowds this year. 

• Like 1

I was just visiting the site and was randomly prompted to fill out a survey regarding the site itself. It asked me a few times if the site was "engaging" or "interactive". It also asked me for comments so I made sure to let them know we are annoyed waiting for announcements. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

I think Marketing is dragging their feet with the icon reveal because that's the only think that hasn't been leaked yet.

So to whoever leaked the event, shame on you.

But does Joe the Plumber who's wondering where to take his family this fall have any idea about the leaks we all rave about?  You'd think it would benefit Universal to have more buzz about the event earlier on

Then again Ive never managed a marketing initiative for a multi-billion dollar company so I should probably shut my mouth lol

Edited by UsherBscary

1 minute ago, UsherBscary said:

But does Joe the Plumber who's wondering where to take his family this fall have any idea about the leaks we all rave about?  You'd think it would benefit Universal to have more buzz about the event earlier on

Then again Ive never managed a marketing initiative for a multi-billion dollar company so I should probably shut my mouth lol

I like having things drop at an interval. It makes the build up/anticipation that much sweeter.

In my opinion, if they wait too long, fans will stop having things to talk about and the buzz will die. 

• Like 2

An every other week schedule would be perfect. 9 houses (with one being the Icon + plus house) and then scarezones/shows gives them 20 weeks of media coverage. It keeps fans happy, it keeps the social media channels and hashtags active and it lets people start planning far enough in advance. The reveals should end a month before the event start. So, we ideally should start getting announcements in April and they can just keep them coming every other week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

I like having things drop at an interval. It makes the build up/anticipation that much sweeter.

In my opinion, if they wait too long, fans will stop having things to talk about and the buzz will die. 

Seriously, I mean we've gone from speculation what could actually be coming (I'm in love with the discarded icons idea though, props to the member who posted that) to bashing marketing for not giving us a sliver of anything besides a cryptic tweet and a website update.

• Like 1

I want the 08 build back, the question is would that be enough to lure in the GP and can all the leaks be plugged?

I'm not in marketing, but I see the reactions of the fan base as well as the GP. 

A slow build with intermittent announcements for the big draws. Let us play with you if your going to be "play cryptic games". And for the love of all things horror, stop being so predictable!

Chessy, creepy selfie guy looks like a creeper. Not frightening in a "horror way", but in a "crazy fanboy, must avoid way". Or it's just laughable. You are trying too hard, my dear social media team. 

Your comebacks and burns border on the cliche. 

That ginger comment was well prepared in advanced. I knew how they would reply. Want to burn or be cryptic? Stop being a predictable "horror villain". We get it your "spooky and edgy", but your clues are easy to solve. Your threats lack imagination. 

You are dealing with a group of people who have, in the past, driven to a Chinese restaurant to translate a riddle. (That is not hyperbole). There's a reason long time fans only engage with you in snippets while dismissing your attempts at banter. We've had far better opponents in the past. 

• Like 5

The announcement schedule is just odd this year. Like there's been like some consistency in past years but this year's been weird. April was a dead zone and June announcement wise is looking to be as wise. I'm glad we aren't getting everything on one night in August but 1 house a month doesn't feel like too much to ask.

Part of me does feel they may be reacting to leaks, a sort of "Well you already know everything" attitude. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I want the 08 build back, the question is would that be enough to lure in the GP and can all the leaks be plugged?

I'm not in marketing, but I see the reactions of the fan base as well as the GP. 

A slow build with intermittent announcements for the big draws. Let us play with you if your going to be "play cryptic games". And for the love of all things horror, stop being so predictable!

Chessy, creepy selfie guy looks like a creeper. Not frightening in a "horror way", but in a "crazy fanboy, must avoid way". Or it's just laughable. You are trying too hard, my dear social media team. 

Your comebacks and burns border on the cliche. 

That ginger comment was well prepared in advanced. I knew how they would reply. Want to burn or be cryptic? Stop being a predictable "horror villain". We get it your "spooky and edgy", but your clues are easy to solve. Your threats lack imagination. 

You are dealing with a group of people who have, in the past, driven to a Chin ese restaurant to translate a riddle. (That is not hyperbole). There's a reason long time fans only engage with you in snippets while dismissing your attempts at banter. We've had far better opponents in the past. 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Having nothing to go on for so long as made me lose interest. I also worry about the quality of the event they're planning. What if UO has depleted its resources and is now spread too thin because of VB, HP Xmas etc. I am from Canada and planning a trip like this is a little more involved and much more of a financial commitment compared to living close by. I feel a bit let down and I really hope that I'm wrong but I am worried that perhaps this year I have wasted my money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

Mystique just threw a punch to the HHN Twitter that resulted in a TKO. Mystique is practically the Muhammad Ali of this forum.

I would say so but they won't see that rant anyway and wouldn't really care.

Just playing devil's advocate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xtine said:

Having nothing to go on for so long as made me lose interest. I also worry about the quality of the event they're planning. What if UO has depleted its resources and is now spread too thin because of VB, HP Xmas etc. I am from Canada and planning a trip like this is a little more involved and much more of a financial commitment compared to living close by. I feel a bit let down and I really hope that I'm wrong but I am worried that perhaps this year I have wasted my money.

If the event pans out the way that we have "speculated" The event keeps getting bigger and bigger every year so this year there'll probably be even more people than last year so I definitely don't think they wouldn't want to disappoint.

4 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I would say so but they won't see that rant anyway and wouldn't really care.

Just playing devil's advocate. 

No, of course they wouldn't care, just because a group of people on a forum are busting their chops a little bit doesn't mean they're going to change their mind and instantly release something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

If the event pans out the way that we have "speculated" The event keeps getting bigger and bigger every year so this year there'll probably be even more people than last year so I definitely don't think they wouldn't want to disappoint.

I certainly hope not.. but I can't help but worry that they're behind. For example, why can't be buy RIP tours yet either? Ug, it's frustrating and I'll just try to forget things for another month or so. I guess I'm out of the norm travelling so far and planning my trip around this event. I think a lot of the HHN attendees must be closer by. Therefore, they're not trying to get people farther away to their event.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, b-wolf95 said:

I imagine that they browse these forms and laugh at all of us grasping at straws.  Like that time someone tried to analyze a license plate.

You know, the funny part is I KNEW it was a standard-issue plate. My plate's from October. It's 'HNR'. So whoever's plate that was just happened to register it a touch earlier than I did to get 'HHN', because they are in alpha-numeric order. Case closed. 

It's no secret.... marketing pretty much sucks. I think just about everyone expected an announcement this week and now that all we got is a tiny website update everyone seems to be acting like the sky is falling. C'mon ladies and gents, we just need to suffer for another week or two (or three). No big deal, right? 

Marketing definitely doesn't seem to care at all about us travellers who come from across the country (or from another country). If I hadn't already been to the event, there is no way in hell I could justify booking a trip around what has been presented thus far. I'm not too worried though, regardless if I've enjoyed every house or disliked scare zones (2012), I've always had a good time. They'd have to do something pretty epic (in a bad way) for it to truly suck at this point.

RIP Tours aren't booking yet? I booked the Unmasking the Horror Tour even though you can't book it using the website (lame). Did you call 1-866-604-7556 and ask? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Xtine said:

I certainly hope not.. but I can't help but worry that they're behind. For example, why can't be buy RIP tours yet either? Ug, it's frustrating and I'll just try to forget things for another month or so. I guess I'm out of the norm travelling so far and planning my trip around this event. I think a lot of the HHN attendees must be closer by. Therefore, they're not trying to get people farther away to their event.

I don't see them going another week without announcing something, if they don't drop something within 2 weeks max. If it goes past that then you can start to worry a little bit. You're traveling a long ways to come to this event and really their big announcements help the people in your situation choose if you're going to spend the money to come. I can honestly see how it could be stressful.

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

It's no secret.... marketing pretty much sucks. I think just about everyone expected an announcement this week and now that all we got is a tiny website update everyone seems to be acting like the sky is falling. C'mon ladies and gents, we just need to suffer for another week or two (or three). No big deal, right? 

Marketing definitely doesn't seem to care at all about us travellers who come from across the country (or from another country). If I hadn't already been to the event, there is no way in hell I could justify booking a trip around what has been presented thus far. I'm not too worried though, regardless if I've enjoyed every house or disliked scare zones (2012), I've always had a good time. They'd have to do something pretty epic (in a bad way) for it to truly suck at this point.

RIP Tours aren't booking yet? I booked the Unmasking the Horror Tour even though you can't book it using the website (lame). Did you call 1-866-604-7556 and ask? 

No didn't call but I guess I can try that. Online it says 'coming soon'. Where are you traveling from? I am from Canada and it isn't well known here at all.. I guess it has always been like that. We only found out about the event when we on our trip and it just happened to be HHN season. We bought a ticket and were pleasantly surprised at how amazing it was. That was many, many years ago but still if I didn't know about it first hand, I wouldn't plan a trip around it either. 

10 minutes ago, Alice said:

You know, the funny part is I KNEW it was a standard-issue plate. My plate's from October. It's 'HNR'. So whoever's plate that was just happened to register it a touch earlier than I did to get 'HHN', because they are in alpha-numeric order. Case closed. 

My younger sister got hers in September and got 'HHN'. I never really thought much of the license plate debacle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKDean19 said:

I don't see them going another week without announcing something, if they don't drop something within 2 weeks max. If it goes past that then you can start to worry a little bit. You're traveling a long ways to come to this event and really their big announcements help the people in your situation choose if you're going to spend the money to come. I can honestly see how it could be stressful.

Ya- it's a big investment. We stopped going for many years and a part of me regrets not keeping it up. However, it's not very realistic to expect to go every year. We still have our APs so we wanted to sneak in another trip before they expire. We don't have anything close to this in Canada and I have travelled to other haunts but I still enjoy HHN.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xtine said:

No didn't call but I guess I can try that. Online it says 'coming soon'. Where are you traveling from? I am from Canada and it isn't well known here at all.. I guess it has always been like that. We only found out about the event when we on our trip and it just happened to be HHN season. We bought a ticket and were pleasantly surprised at how amazing it was. That was many, many years ago but still if I didn't know about it first hand, I wouldn't plan a trip around it either. 

We fly down from south of Boston, MA each year. There are only 2 reasons we started going. 1. A while back my uncle who lives down there told me about it. 2. We try to go to as many Halloween haunts as possible and it had to be done. We've hit literally haunt (big/small) in MA, CT, RI, NH, and even a couple big haunts (MD, NY). Although there are single haunts that are better than HHN houses, I don't think anything matches up to HHN as a whole package deal. Not to mention all the stuff you can do in that area during the day.

• Like 3

Just now, Xtine said:

Ya- it's a big investment. We stopped going for many years and a part of me regrets not keeping it up. However, it's not very realistic to expect to go every year. We still have our APs so we wanted to sneak in another trip before they expire. We don't have anything close to this in Canada and I have travelled to other haunts but I still enjoy HHN.

I check out several events during the season but i love HHN mostly the awesome community that it has (everyone on here) there's nothing like meeting up with a bunch of haunt fans and hanging out and in-between that and the content that they put out for the event makes the span of September-November my favorite time of the year. I mean talking with everyone on here year round and the speculation is great but it's nothing like the feeling when the event is actually here.

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

We fly down from south of Boston, MA each year. There is only 2 reasons we started going. 1. A while back my uncle who lives down there told me about it. 2. We try to go to as many Halloween haunts as possible and it had to be done. We've hit literally haunt (big/small) in MA, CT, RI, NH, and even a couple big haunts (MD, NY). Although there are single haunts that are better than HHN houses, I don't think anything matches up to HHN as a whole package deal. Not to mention all the stuff you can do in that area during the day.

Oh cool! Now you have to tell my some of your favourites. We went to Hellsgate in Chicago last year and were quite impressed. There was one that just started in our city and it wasn't bad either. I'd love to do a tour of some other haunts although I lean towards enjoy more of a gothic/scary atmosphere compared to gory. I think I like HHN because it's so immersive-- having the whole park (or most of it) involved just makes it so much fun. Plus we are theme park people as well so it's just a great trip overall for us.