HHN 2016: Krampus

Grindhousehero13

I'm probably most excited to see this, but I'll say Exorcist is my most anticipated just because I really want to see what John has in store. After rewatching Krampus last night, it really makes me more excited because of all the potential, if this house sucks, it'll be the most disappointing thing ever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

Dang it! I could've sworn that it was Frozen: Let It Go in 3D! Lol!

Why did you get my hopes up :( lol

3 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

I'm probably most excited to see this, but I'll say Exorcist is my most anticipated just because I really want to see what John has in store. After rewatching Krampus last night, it really makes me more excited because of all the potential, if this house sucks, it'll be the most disappointing thing ever.

I feel you I'd burn the Jabbawokeez stage down if it sucks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dkdiaz said:

What do you think the odds are it will be cold inside of this maze (or at least an attempt at being cold) kind of like the thing maze?

I really don't expect much of a wintery environment in the maze.  I recall The Thing as rather room temperature-ish, even though it was chilly outside during the night of our visit.  I believe It was attempted in at least two other mazes with little/no success.  Krampus may seem colder (in your mind) if the scenic is done well.;)

6 hours ago, AsylumSB said:

I came down with a serious case of Krampus after dining at Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck last year, and......

Oh, wait.  Nevermind.

:ninja:

Ladies and gentlemen he'll be here all week! Try the churros 

1 hour ago, Dkdiaz said:

What do you think the odds are it will be cold inside of this maze (or at least an attempt at being cold) kind of like the thing maze?

37 minutes ago, AsylumSB said:

I really don't expect much of a wintery environment in the maze.  I recall The Thing as rather room temperature-ish, even though it was chilly outside during the night of our visit.  I believe It was attempted in at least two other mazes with little/no success.  Krampus may seem colder (in your mind) if the scenic is done well.;)

Actually it has been done even  the thing but on a single room basses like I think  two rooms in thing were kept cold but 90% was room temperature same thing with clowns and Alice Cooper goes to hell so most likely one or two outside scenes wil have cold air but don't count on the whole maze.

• Like 1

I recall that all the mazes mentioned were supposed to have some form of cooling, but it felt hotter in the rooms than outside.  Was it Alice Cooper that had the disrobed woman chained in the freezer?  Kind of funny to feel a bit toasty walking through a freezer scene.  Would love to have a cooled environment in Krampus but just don't see it working well in a tent.

I'm very excited to see the creatures in this maze. I think this has the POTENTIAL to be the best maze of the year depending on the tone. If they aim for the scarezone and El Cucuy where it's creatively dark and scary but still light, it could work really well. I just hope they don't try to be goofy as hell like This is The End and fudge themselves over.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

If it had a subtitle it should be called Krampus: Dark Christmas since Dark Christmas was a Scarezone in 2014 & 2015 that had Krampus.

I read an article on Inside Universal about the Terror Tram today and way way down it talked about all of the other mazes and it seemed like there were meant to be subtitles to all the mazes except American Horror Story. Krampus' was Krampus: The Christmas Devil

2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I read an article on Inside Universal about the Terror Tram today and way way down it talked about all of the other mazes and it seemed like there were meant to be subtitles to all the mazes except American Horror Story. Krampus' was Krampus: The Christmas Devil

I doubt it, since that is a name of a indie horror movie that predates Dougherty's Krampus by a year or 3 a lot of people being sued if that was the case

12 minutes ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

I doubt it, since that is a name of a indie horror movie that predates Dougherty's Krampus by a year or 3 a lot of people being sued if that was the case

That's probably why they didn't give it that subtitle. I'm just going off of what the article said. http://insideuniversal.net/2016/08/eli-roth-joins-halloween-horror-nights-in-this-years-terror-tram/

we were spared from some potentially bad titles if this is true though, Freddy Vs. Jason: Dream Battle would probably be one of the worst ones I've ever heard.