HHN 2016: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers

Freak

Even though I'm sad because this means there's no Conjuring, I can't say I'm not excited for this. While I went to the event in 2012, I missed this, so this will be my first experience with leather face at horror nights and it sounds like this will be an original that has an ip slapped onto it, I'm sure it'll be really good

Incredibly excited for the return of TCM.....Saw is the Law was one of the best mazes I encountered since attending the event starting in 2009.  Not sure why the Mods are poo-pooing :D that version as it had it all during multiple visits through the maze: Interactive scareactors, aggressive scares, scenic faithful to the original film.  Absolutely stunning!  I am already for Sept 24th!  Where is Doc Browns' time machine?!

2 hours ago, AsylumSB said:

Saw is the Law was one of the best mazes I encountered since attending the event starting in 2009.  Not sure why the Mods are poo-pooing that version...

Since you started attending in 2009, you missed the main reason why by a year or so. For in 2007 & 2008 there was Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business, a maze that set Gold Standard for TCM mazes and is still reguarded as one of the best damn HHN mazes period.

Saw is the Law was a rush job, and while the scaractors did give it their all, in comparison to Back in Business it was a downgrade.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Since you started attending in 2009, you missed the main reason why by a year or so. For in 2007 & 2008 there was Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business, a maze that set Gold Standard for TCM mazes and is still reguarded as one of the best damn HHN mazes period.

Saw is the Law was a rush job, and while the scaractors did give it their all, in comparison to Back in Business it was a downgrade.

True....I would love to have seen BIB, however, that is where a natural bias occurs between the two mazes.  A bar was set for all future mazes.  I think it's assumed TCM-SIL is a rush job since it was a late replacement, but there was care that went into the design and a genuine approach to making it a top notch maze.  From what I recall, it was a highly rated maze for that year.

For those of us that have been attending HHN, a great maze is a great maze, regardless of what came before and after.  I have had the privilege of enjoying 50+ mazes at Universal and numerous other haunts since the 70's. When comparing TCM with other properties, it is one the best experiences I had with this type of attraction.  I keep the same standard when rating mazes:  aggressive scares, great environments, and consistency/repeatability of the attraction.  Rating mazes is a blast, but oddly difficult.   Check out this thread:  

10 hours ago, AsylumSB said:

Incredibly excited for the return of TCM.....Saw is the Law was one of the best mazes I encountered since attending the event starting in 2009.  Not sure why the Mods are poo-pooing :D that version as it had it all during multiple visits through the maze: Interactive scareactors, aggressive scares, scenic faithful to the original film.  Absolutely stunning!  I am already for Sept 24th!  Where is Doc Browns' time machine?!

Besides the fact that I was a kid at the time I feel BIB would still scare the sh!t out of me now as a mid 20s adult. Plus the detail of that set was amazing and nerve wrecking so far that has been the only maze where I almost chickened out of just at the facade. On top of being one of the only two mazes I ever ran out of with pure fear ( Insidious into The Further was #2) and though I am biased from that and the fact SITL was supposed to be American Werewolf at the time I do give it to the cast... But it was rushed together and one scene I can tell a lot the last graveyard scene was all black walls covered one dead tree trying to cover it ONE. And it took me out really bad 

but the original take sounds good. 

• Like 1

^^Well said Grind.  My original post was just a playful jab.  Our experiences shape our opinions.  I felt the same as you about Insidious.  Even though I was hoping for the Conjuring  (saw the recent film twice), TCM should be able to stand on its own.  

I can see it now, Grind.  The Jabbawockeez are holding a dance-off battle at Halloween Horror Nights along with other dance troupes.  The last act to take the stage is the Sawyer Family, who proceed to pop lock and drop it to the "Wub Wub" sounds of DJ Figure.  The poor Jabbawockeez are bewildered as the Sawyer's continue gyrating with quasi-hillbilly backwoods dance moves and chainsaws blaring.  Then, as if on cue, Leatherface and family charge the dance troupe.....carnage (and hilarity) ensues.  The show ends with John Carpenter taking the stage to teach Figure a lesson in creating real electronic music.

The End

• Like 3

I think this maze has the potential to be the scariest since it'll seem mostly original. I think this is Murdy's chance to recapture the glory that was BiB, so I'm very excited. I just hope it's dark, grim and gory, and not hella hokey like the actual TCM2 movie.