R.I.P. Tour

I have been to HHN multiple times, but haven't ever been on a R. I. P. Tour. I was thinking of doing a tour instead of admission and express, as some nights it's actually cheaper. For those of you whom have can you answer some questions?

Do you have access to the event the entire time it begins and ends? Or only during the tour time?

I read on the terms online that they can not guarantee you get to go with other people in your group? I would be going with two other people and this wouldn't be any fun if we got separated. Do they really separate you from your group?

Would you do the tour or the express? I've done admission and express before. 

If it is the public tour, no it does not last the entire event. Though neither does the private, but I'm pretty sure you get more time with the private. I've done private tours with a group before and really enjoyed it. We got to do all the houses twice and like 2 rides I think, plus Bill & Ted. The public tour is once through each house I believe. When you schedule your tour, you can request to be with other people if booking separately, but I think if you book them together then you should be grouped together. Or at least that was the case when some friends and I did the UTH tour. I've also had a great time doing just express either solo or with friends. With the public tour, you have no choice who you get paired with so you could get trapped with terrible people. 

Edited by faceleg

On July 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM, faceleg said:

If it is the public tour, no it does not last the entire event. Though neither does the private, but I'm pretty sure you get more time with the private. 

I normally do private tours each year and they have always lasted the entire event.  I'm not sure if your experience is the norm or not.

My wife and I have a private tour booked for Thurs. Sept 29.   We're looking for people to join us, and here's what we wrote up to explain the two tours:

What's the difference?

Private tour starts earlier (6:15 vs. 7:30) and ends later (park close).   Private tour is limited to 10 people (12 for the public tour) 

Public tour provides front of the line access for each house once; with the private tour, you can visit each house as many times as you can before the park closes at 1:00 AM.

Tour guide will be with us until the park closes (1:00 AM) except for a 30-minute break.

We will create the touring plan with the tour guide. 

Steve in Phily

• 5 weeks later...

This year will be my first RIP tour experience. We're doing the public tour the last Sunday of October. We're also doing the stay scream. Since our tour starts at 7:30 (tried to get the earlier one, but whatev) how do you think we should attack our evening?

Here's my plan for now:

Day at IOA

Dinner towards the end of the day/early evening at IOA

OR

Wait in line, use our early entry time for dinner in the park

Meet at the front to start the tour

I don't know. I'm open to suggestions from anyone that's done this before.

Thanks!

Non-Private Tours with mixed parties depart at different times throughout the evening.  As admission is separate, you can arrive and check in once the park has opened for the night and then go into the park on your own until closer to your tour time.  Generally 20-30 minutes before your tour time you should check back in.  At that point you will receive the title of the group you have been assigned to and can relax in the lounge until it time for the tour to depart.  If all members of your party booked together in one order you will not be separated, but if you were to book separately then there is no guarantee you would all be in the same overall group.  Once the tour departs you are guaranteed to visit all 9 haunted houses (one time each) and have reserved seating for the Bill & Ted show.  The guides will usually try to work in one or two bar stops along the way as well, and of course restrooms stops whenever needed.  Once the tour has ended, park hours permitting, your RIP Tour credential will get you express access to any of the regular park attractions that are open that night.  The express access only applies to the rides, it will not work at any of the haunted houses.

Private Tours begin at 6:30pm and last until park closing that night.  They can have up to 10 guests per tour guide and are tailored to interests of the group.  You can visit the houses and any available park attractions as many times as you would like while with the tour guide and can also visit the Bill & Ted show with reserved seating as well.  Private tours are far more flexible and longer in duration, but can be costly if you have a smaller party (which is why a lot of people will get a group of 8-10 together and split the cost).

• Like 2