HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

As I said on a couples posts ago, I heard from a direct source that the main theme for this year is horror icons. So maybe all the famous slashers, including Ghostface and Leatherface, could be coming to the terror tram this year. Just speculation but it could actually happen.

4 hours ago, Henry14 said:

As I said on a couples posts ago, I heard from a direct source that the main theme for this year is horror icons. So maybe all the famous slashers, including Ghostface and Leatherface, could be coming to the terror tram this year. Just speculation but it could actually happen.

The thing is nobody really believed you because you also said stuff like The Conjuring and Krampus can't come because they're not horror icons so it didn't sound reliable but it didn't sound as far fetched as TwoTonTick 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Henry14 said:

Studios don't want properties mixing in a single attraction.   

19 hours ago, Henry14 said:

Terror Tram: All Nite Die-In? That'd be awesome!

On June 10, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Razor14 said:

You like Mr. Grips 

Not to get off topic but fuck yeah, and your profile picture just happens to be my favorite album of the year so far, I'm not so sure how long that will last though as my most anticipated album comes out on Friday 

2 hours ago, HHNBookworm said:

That does sound cool. Didn't they use to do this at some point as well?

Yes, 2007-2009 was when they'd bring all the characters into the Terror Tram and the Tram would serve as the backstory for the whole event.. 2010 was the first time Murdy decided to go with a "mixed bag of random IPs" approach to the event and the Tram has been "just another attraction" ever since.. granted, one could argue that TWD trams tied into the maze/scarezone for a theme but that wouldn't take anything else into account.. so it was TWD experience.. and random mazes/scarezones..

Edited by horror lover

HHN fans, time for an update courtesy of the latest Twitter Q&A with John Murdy. Here's a quick rundown:

*We lost Soundstage 747 because of "production needs" so the maze will instead go right outside of 747, my guess is where the queue would have normally gone..
*Scarezones will be done differently this year out of necessity.
*There are two specific "big puppets" that will feature in the mazes.
*The maze codenamed "Doris Day" will be going in the tent outside Soundstage 747.
*The Jurassic Park queue maze will be the next one announced, after Walking Dead opens.
*The Exorcist maze will make you feel like you're possessed.
*The Terror Tram is still an original story but now they've joined forces with an "entity"..
* No musician mazes but John talked to Slash on the phone today.. does that count? LOL
*Walking Dead will feature special effects that could never be pulled off in an HHN maze and yes, part of the maze was designed to be changeable depending on where the show goes in the future.

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Does losing 747 mean we still have Parisian

We didn't technically lose 747. He did say that there will be a house In-Front of the soundstage (where the line for the house would usually be held at). As for Parisian; I'd imagine we still have it.

It does wonder to me though how they may handle the flow of the line though; but I guess we'll see.

10 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

Murdy said something about two big puppets but out of what we are speculating I can only think of Krampus... Btw since we lost locations but are not loosing number of mazes I wonder what the new locations will be 

The other puppet could be the crooked man from the conjuring 2 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry14 said:

Is it possible that the despicable me line queue could be a new maze location, just like T2 in years 2010-2012?

T2 was easy to take down the poles to hold up the chains. The railings are built to be there permanently. I think that venue is done. 

On June 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Mr.HHN said:

I feel like that could be more of a stilt walker. Maybe some huge Freddy thing for FvJ.

On June 20, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Razor14 said:

The other puppet could be the crooked man from the conjuring 2 

Crooked man seems like they could do it with an actor or static... As for Freddy the only big Freddy that comes to mind is snake Freddy which tbh would piss me off since NOES series has so many great kills we have not seen done yet (vein puppet strings from Dream Warriors is something I wanna see done) plus if one of the maze is Krampus the half eaten gag would be in different mazes. 

22 hours ago, Henry14 said:

Is it possible that the despicable me line queue could be a new maze location, just like T2 in years 2010-2012?

Nope. When thinking of maze location don't just think room for the maze but room for queue for the maze as well besides what freak said the queue for T2 mazes where about as long as backlot mazes and would reach up to 2 hour waits but where all the maze queue was us now super silly fun land.