Sequels to original houses. If they happened, what would you like to see?

I'm very curious on which houses you'd love to see a sequel to. Whether more of the same, a different time period, an alteration, etc, what would you want?

* Catacombs 2 (someone on here wrote a few ideas, one, if I recall, spoke about it starting in the catacombs then going to the streets of Paris. Cool)

* PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays 2 (make it rotate holidays. I think an easy one could simply be a Halloween holiday, maybe Thanksgiving next year).

* H.R. Bloodngutz as a scarezone (perhaps rotate live streaming the streets onto old TV sets in the Psychoscarepy house AND have prerecorded intermissions like the house).

• Like 1

• I see BloodNGutz coming back in some shape or form (since he's become quite popular)
  • Nightingales
  • Body Collectors (this year really showed how popular they are among fans)
  • Psychoscareapy 
  • Urban Legends
  • Leave it to Cleaver
  • Catacombs
  • Gothic
  • Like 2

* Scary Tales: Arabian Nights

* Urban Legends: Chupacabra

* S.S. Frightanic: Resurfaced

* Horror In Wax: Back in Business

* Project Evilution (technically this was an IP house, but it had a lot of original elements to it. Basically, I'd love to see them take another shot at this concept, but this time have it be located inside the Discovery Center and give it a laboratory setting)

* Hellgate Prison (give it a REAL sequel, possibly as the theme of an "Extreme House")

• Like 1

Ragnorak: Gods of the Norse (spiritual sequel to Hades)

Y.E.S. Mythology is a wonderful concept for a house, Hades was fucking AWESOME, and I just really love the word Ragnarok and would love to see it as the name of a house.

As for what I want?

Nightingales: Bloodshed Warfare 

Catacombs 2

Scary Tales 4

ScreamHouse: Reconstructed (continuing with a word starting with "re" as the subtitle. Story is the house was burned down, but The Caretaker's followers rebuilt it in honor of The Caretaker who, along with Sindy, has returned. Very similar to the original, with some enhancements.)

Alice in Wonderland: Descend Into Madness (Not necessarily this year, but I would love for them to revisit the topic of Alice in a non-3D setting. I loved Asylum this year, but I would really like to see a more serious, much scarier house, as I think the source material's perfect for it.)

Ghost Town 2

Cold(er) Blind(er) Terror(er) (:rolleyes:)

Terror Mines: Evil Underground (I want a return to the concept of the hard hats as a light source. They could use blacklight and other effects to make some really unique instances in this house)

The Skoolhouse (Only house I remember from 05, and I really loved it. Orfanage featured some of the same concept and was also amazing.)

H.R Blood N' Guts - Great character and scene diversity so it could be translated into a number of other houses.

Nightingales - WWII theme would work nicely since the first house took place during WWI. However, Nightingales is a property that can work in countless time periods and settings. 

Roanoke - Instead of a house sequel, translating this house into a zone would be very cool. Central park would be an awesome place for this zone. 

I would love to see Bloodengutz and Nightingales come back, but my number one wish would be Ghost Town.  2004 was my first year attending, and that may have been the first house I went in, so it made quite an impression.  Besides, the "weird Western" genre is a favorite of mine, and very underutilized east of the Mississippi (though I believe quite a few haunts in the Western and Southwestern regions feature Western horror).

• Like 1

Can you elaborate on this one?  I'm not getting any type of visual reference in my head except for Aladdin slicing up Snow White. 

It'd be a spin-off house, not having anything to do with the past Scary Tales. Just think twisted versions of Aladdin, Sinbad, Ali Baba, and the like.

I agree with some sequel to Gothic.  What a gorgeous, epic house.  We squealed over the one scene from it in Jack's house this year.  It's so funny because I remember reading the discussions here that year with people speculating and talking about Gothic, and I thought, "How stupid is that gonna be?  Gargoyles?  Really?"  And then it turned out to be one of my fave houses of all time.

If they ever make a movie sequel to Cabin in the Woods, a house sequel would NOT piss me off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2016 at 9:31 PM, hhnfan95 said:

Now that I think about it, i honestly don't see any sequels for the next 4 years

I definitely do. If anything, Nightingales 2 will happen, unless they abandoned the desire of making that a franchise. Once IPs took over 50-60% of the lineup, it left A&D a lot less room to stretch out their creativity in the original content, so in most cases they chose brand new houses over sequels. HAVOC2 was done because it was cheap and easy for it's location, and last year was an anniversary year, so everything was a sequel practically (Though RUN, BC and Asylum were all fairly original save a scene or 2 in each). Other than that, all originals since 2012 (only 12 -.-) have not been sequels. I believe we will see 4 IP and 5 original next year. So I think we will see 1 sequel.

• Like 1

On January 9, 2016 at 0:01 PM, foREVer56 said:

I definitely do. If anything, Nightingales 2 will happen, unless they abandoned the desire of making that a franchise. Once IPs took over 50-60% of the lineup, it left A&D a lot less room to stretch out their creativity in the original content, so in most cases they chose brand new houses over sequels. HAVOC2 was done because it was cheap and easy for it's location, and last year was an anniversary year, so everything was a sequel practically (Though RUN, BC and Asylum were all fairly original save a scene or 2 in each). Other than that, all originals since 2012 (only 12 -.-) have not been sequels. I believe we will see 4 IP and 5 original next year. So I think we will see 1 sequel.

Good point. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1.  Hellgate Prison.  Would have to be a hard R rated house from back in the day

2.  Disentorium.  Notice a theme?  My first two houses are from the first year I came and it just blew my mind.  Sure I have some "first time syndrome" but these were the two best houses ever in my book.  I got so disoriented in this house I had to close my eyes and grab onto my friend's shirt to get out of there.

3.  Dead Exposure.  LOVED IT.  Strobes always mess with me.  Need a true spiritual successor to it.

4.  BRAIN FART - The Beyond?  Whatever the 3D house was that was just awesome and everybody here hated.  Loved that house.

5.  Frightanic.  Never experienced the original and want to see something like it.  More than just a one room tribute.

13 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

2.  Disentorium.  Notice a theme?  My first two houses are from the first year I came and it just blew my mind.  Sure I have some "first time syndrome" but these were the two best houses ever in my book.  I got so disoriented in this house I had to close my eyes and grab onto my friend's shirt to get out of there.

Same here. It's the only one that got me legitimately disoriented.