If Halloween Horror Nights were to make a new icon for HHN 26, what would it be?

I definitely wouldn't mind the Usher. I've always liked his character but hope they don't use him as an excuse for IP mania. He's ill-boding but not dark enough for me. Time to revamp him.

I know I might sound stupid for asking this but I'm new here. What does IP stand for here? I'll probably feel like more of an idiot after I find out what it means.

I know I might sound stupid for asking this but I'm new here. What does IP stand for here? I'll probably feel like more of an idiot after I find out what it means.

IP stands for Intellectual Property which means its an existing property, like Insidious, Freddy vs Jason. Those are Intellectual Properties. Hope this helped ;)

• Like 1

I definitely wouldn't mind the Usher. I've always liked his character but hope they don't use him as an excuse for IP mania. He's ill-boding but not dark enough for me. Time to revamp him.

Yeah he's not the scariest compared to the Caretaker or Jack, but you gotta admit he is way more unique. He's pretty much the last real icon before the arrival of Lady Luck (Fear was...ok)

For all those who were curious as to what Singapore's getting (and what we're missing)...

the_director__with_hhn_branding___mid_re

Universal-Studios-Sentosa-Halloween-Horr

075bdc4e07b311e39a9c22000a1fbe09_7.thumb

hhn4-01.thumb.jpg.95ef04d88e2e88a87b8e45

Yeah he's not the scariest compared to the Caretaker or Jack, but you gotta admit he is way more unique. He's pretty much the last real icon before the arrival of Lady Luck (Fear was...ok)

For all those who were curious as to what Singapore's getting (and what we're missing)...

DAMN SON!!!

• Like 1

The puppet master sounds cool, they would just need to make him look scarier. He looks kinda lame in the promo pics. 

Plague doctor. I LOVE anything related to the plague. 

Eddie taking over because he's sick and tired of Jack always being the center of attention would be awesome. 

• Like 4

The puppet master sounds cool, they would just need to make him look scarier. He looks kinda lame in the promo pics. 

Plague doctor. I LOVE anything related to the plague. 

Eddie taking over because he's sick and tired of Jack always being the center of attention would be awesome. 

I honestly think the Puppetmaster looks fine. He's kind of like the Usher in the sense of appearance, not too scary but scary. 

But I have to admit, they ruined The Director. They changed his name (forget what it was) & (obviously) changed his look. They also made him weaker compared to the Orlando & Hollywood version.

Edited by hhnfan95
  • Like 1

even if their Director is not that scary and even if the puppet master looks silly.
It does bother me to know that while Orlando completely gave up on making new icons, in the exact same time they gave up Singapore's team are coming up with all these great ideas. And yes, their event is brand new so they are just starting to create stuff and it is brand new to them so they probably have a lot of ideas and they have a lot energy or creativity or whatever to make this stuff... 
But still, How come we have never had a vampire Icon, Imagine the vampire girl in the middle being our Icon, or that general guy. or even the puppet guy. 

• Like 2

even if their Director is not that scary and even if the puppet master looks silly.
It does bother me to know that while Orlando completely gave up on making new icons, in the exact same time they gave up Singapore's team are coming up with all these great ideas. And yes, their event is brand new so they are just starting to create stuff and it is brand new to them so they probably have a lot of ideas and they have a lot energy or creativity or whatever to make this stuff... 
But still, How come we have never had a vampire Icon, Imagine the vampire girl in the middle being our Icon, or that general guy. or even the puppet guy. 

I totally agree! Just like Jack said "Horror Nights has grown soft!"

How soft?

It's totally unoriginal. They rely on more of other people's ideas & concepts than they do their own. HHN 1- 21, AWESOME!  HHN 22-24, one huge marketing catalog for IPs. HHN 25, still a marketing catalog yet with a somewhat big bonus of awesomeness and originality.

• Like 2

It's totally unoriginal. They rely on more of other people's ideas & concepts than they do their own. HHN 1- 21, AWESOME!  HHN 22-24, one huge marketing catalog for IPs. HHN 25, still a marketing catalog yet with a somewhat big bonus of awesomeness and originality.

Pfft just look at Hollywood's event, the entire event is a marketing catalog

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd
  • Like 1

And... AND Hollywood took over, and then we got a lot of shared houses, and got shared walking dead, etc... etc. 

I'm okay with ips but seriously, having properties that aren't shared makes you want to go to both events to experience them. The problem with shared ips imo is it makes you not want to go to both events so if you do one of the shared ips in one of the events, you don't wanna go and do it at the other event since you think you've already experienced it. That's reality though.

• Like 1

You might want to look closely at the house lineups from the first twenty years. Most of the houses Universal has done has either been an IP, a rip-off of an IP, or some generic haunt idea that had been done before. Hell, the first "icon" for the event was the Cryptkeeper.

• Like 2

Singapore's doesn't seem that great icon wise. Most seem really bad.

I just got back from my haunt season and I'll honestly rank HHN Orlando mid-tier as a haunt. Even their "detail" is far less than other haunts are. Netherworld blew it away in every way.

that's what happens when you can put all your creativity and budget in a couple of houses instead of 9 houses and 5 streets. 
Netherworld wll always win since they are so much smaller and they don't have little Disney families visiting their event.

• Like 1

I do not think the whole Eddie killing off Jack thing will ever come to be. Back then it would have been a great idea, but now I think A&D, especially after this year has come to realize Jack is bigger than ever and a major fan favorite. And at the last laugh he said we haven't seen the last of him so I have a felling he will continue to show up every big year. As for an icon for next year and the tears coming, I would love to see them do the same they did with Jack this year. Starting with the Usher for 26. Tear them up, redesign them, make them darker and more sinister. And then move on to the Caretaker and the Director and Storyteller and then for their 30th create a whole new icon. Going back to their roots worked for them this year. So they should build upon it. Just my opinion.

Icon: The Actress. a decomposing fading actress who was once in love with the director but he killed her in one of his snuff films and even in death she still longs for his love

media gift:  a bloody oscar and a film roll 

tagline: "this is her final CUT"

scarezones:

ゴースト(ghost)-Japanese urban legends. Killer geishas, noh mask, hone-onna, human pillar, girl with cut mouth.

american horror story 1-5:photo op zone each season has a mini stage with its most iconic character

Nightingales- apocalypse: set in new york. the military and the nightingales are in a bloody battle. the weather and lighting are constantly changing from snow to dry heat.

horror wood drive in: blood rave- kids broke into the old dilapidated drive in to throw a rave little did they know at night the movies come to life basically univeral monsters remix the younger crowds would love it it could be the "fun" zone of the year and set at mess drive in. when you venture deep into central park thats where the black and white monsters will be 

The actress: mini stage by main gate with men in tuxedos with their tinges cut out

roming horde: tuxedo chainsaws

IP Houses:

Scream Queens: sprung ten with elaborate sorority facade more of a comedy house

AHS 1-5: mega house with the most terrifying scenes from all 5 seasons going from most recent, hotel all the way back to murder house 

Ash VS the evil dead: nuff said 

The forest: new movie coming out about the suicide forest in japan could be cool and also could tie in with he Japanese legends zone 

The Conjuring: could include sense from both movies as well as annabelle 

Origanal houses:

Silver Screams: Resurrection- set in the universal palace theatre the ghost of the actress can be seen at times but only for a second. 

films could be; Krampus, You're next,the sixth sense (kitchen scene and the boys fort with little girl), carrie but set in a movie theater as a transition to children of the corn, the exorcist,  the descent, psycho.

Grown evil- set in the botanicals gardens revels the backstory of how the plants came to life

Psychodellic- Gory 3-D house with a satanic family ( think manson family) that is sacrificing people to conjure demons for their own gain) set in the 60's and the mama's and the papas' could be play the whole way through

The legendary truth: the unknown - aliens 

even though this may never happen i think it would be a killer event and help horror nights lol

• Like 3