Spoiler Free EP Night 1st Impressions

foREVer56

Just some quick 1st impressions of the event. I will post a formal review after opening weekend.

Monsters and Mayhem: 2 runs. AWESOME house. Long, full of actors, very well designed scenes. If you've read what houses are featured, don't expect to see any of the scenes as carbon copies from the originals, save 1 2011 house. Very creative, and will absolutely be a crowd favorite.

AWiL: 1 run. Amazing, of course. Tweaked transitions, new puppets are wonderful, a couple of added actors, one expanded scene.

FvJ; 2 runs. YES. Everything AvP got wrong, this got right. Amazing house. Right now it's good for scares, but if the casts up the intensity, and they add a few actors to a scene or 2 that felt empty, this will be an all timer.

Body Collectors: 1 run. GORGEOUS house. Some great, creative scenes, got some good scares out of me. Very obvious spoiler:

"that" scene is in the house. #rip

RUN: 1 run. This felt like a very upbeat, fun house. Has massive potential to be the most chaotic house of the event if the casts are up for it. Tons of fun to walk through, and I loved the transitions.

Insidious: 1 run. OH. MY. GOD. That's all I'm saying. Best house so far, probably won't change.

Purge: 1 run. You can feel the last minute-ness of this house. There's literally a Drew Barrymore dummy with a knife in one of the scenes. There's a few scenes that were rebuilt to fit the Purge. This was a LOT of fun and is going to be a GP favorite because it's fairly intense and features a lot of scares. Just makes me want an actual Purge house even more.

Asylum: 1 run. Trippy literally from the moment you walk in the door. They've gone back to quality 3D houses, folks. This isn't In-Between, and some rooms leave very little for the actors to work with for scares, but for the most part, it's a very creative house that features some gags from past 3D houses, and one Scary Tales scene. Jumped quite a bit in this one. Will continue to get better. 

Didn't do TWD cuz at the end of the night, I had the choice between doing TWD with literally no wait or waiting 20 min to do FvJ again. I chose FvJ. LOL

So far:

1. Insidious

2. M&M

3. FvJ

4. RUN

5. Body Collectors

6. Purge

7. Alice (still really enjoyed this and Purge, the other 5 were just so awesome)

*Not counting AWiL cuz it was already the #1 house of 2013 lol.

Loved B&T. Opening was weak, Closing was good not great, but the show was plenty funny. Will enjoy seeing this one evolve.

• Like 6

Looking forward to M&M and FvJ as I missed them last night. I'm relieved to hear FvJ is doing well. They were posted at 120 minutes last night before anything else even hit 90.

That said, were the wait times off for you? I feel like ops has a lot of getting used to judging times next week. 2 houses we hit were posted at 60 and 90 respectively but we waited less than 20 for both.

• Like 1

That said, were the wait times off for you? I feel like ops has a lot of getting used to judging times next week. 2 houses we hit were posted at 60 and 90 respectively but we waited less than 20 for both.

M&M- said 20, waited 20. 2nd time said 45, we waited 15. 

AWiL-posted 20, waited 10

FvJ- posted 30 and 60, waited 25 both times

BC- posted 45, waited 10

RUN- posted 30, waited 10

Insidious- posted 50, literally a walkon

Purge-^same thing

Asylum-oosted 45, waited 15

i think that almost no express/tours threw em off. There's no way in hell any line was longer than 60 min all night, save maybe Insidious and M&M at first. 

I walked out of FvJ giddy that it wasn't the pathetic waste of potential that was AvP. It was EP, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but they've gotta get a little more aggressive if they want to be a perfect house. This goes for most houses (hell, all houses outside Insidious), but again, this was the first time the event was 100% show ready (M&M still isn't) so they needed last night to get into the groove. By Saturday, they should all be into it. 

There's one 2011 house that was mentioned that I didn't spot in M&M. Either I'm totally blind, thought one scene was something else (which is possible; still confused on one of em), or it's not there. 

• Like 1

Funny though, My friend Asylum was posted at a 15 and it was a 45. 

Insidious was posted at 500? Either that was an error or maybe they thought they saw an extra 0? Either way. Judging from a lot of peoples input, they need a LOT of work on their wait time accuracy.