Annual HNN Opening Weekend Live 2015

So due to my lack of self control I've watched the first room of every maze. I'm going to allow myself one spoiler, it will probably be Terror Tram. Is there anything in TT that is so revolutionary that you want me to wait until next saturday to see it?

There was this one effect I liked but I don't know how to do spoilers

There was this one effect I liked but I don't know how to do spoilers

I think I know what you're talking about because I'm one of the people in a unique affect for TT. I hope we're talking about the same thing, but if we are (this is spoiler free by the way), it's pretty difficult to make it work as one of the actors, but we've been getting better and better at it since rehearsal and the audience generally really reacts to it. (The affect I'm talking about is in the first half of TT)

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
Clarification

I'm gonna share my opinion on the Event this year, in the order I went inside the mazes. Keep in mind I used front of the line passes so the order I went in may not be the same of the order you went in. And I didn't watch the jabbawockeez since, fuck the jabbawockeez.

Terror tram:Survive the purge

I liked it. It honestly was not scary but It was one of the most fun mazes this year. You could just tell the actors were having fun, every one was enjoying themselves, and it was a great way to start the night. The Person I went with this year liked it a lot and we both agreed it wasn't scary but fun. I also liked how there was an actual reason for you leaving the tram unlike the other years where they were like "wehh ders zomebehs der bahd wer gunna drahp u off anyway doh." And the reason actually made sense. There was another effect that was also pretty cool, but it could be a spoiler and I don't know how to do them so I cant say it.4/5

Insidious 

Probably my favorite and most terrifying maze this year. I loved this version of insidious. The sets in it were absolutely incredible, the scare actors also did an amazing job, and the fog just made it more scary, and we both felt like the demons were actually out to get me which is what a maze should do. Make you feel like they are out to get you. I absolutely loved this maze and it is one of the best mazes I've been in at hhn for the few years I've been going to this event. 5/5

The waking dead: Wolves not far

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Definitely better than 2013's Walking dead maze. Just thinking about it makes me wanna jump off a bridge. This years Walking dead was better than 2013 and 2014's but ehh 2012 was still better. It was really cool how they had humans in it instead of just walkers, since yeah walkers can get pretty old, and I felt there was a good balance between the human and walkers. That scene with the trees was outstanding and I loved it. For some reason, something felt just lacking in the maze. I don't why something just something felt lacking. The performances were honestly hit and miss. Some times you'd get tv quality acting, and other times you'd get made for dvd quality acting. Also that fucking prop of the hoard coming in has been overused to shit, and they need to take a break from it, or have a different variation of it. This time it kinda got me since the maze was so gigantic, I couldn't exactly tell when it was gonna end.The maze was still amazing though, and I'd give it a 4.3/5.

This is the end 3D

Like we all expected, this was the worst maze at the event. After hearing negative things about it by people who went to EPN, I then heard it was uncompleted so I still gave it a chance. It was bad. The sets were absolutely horrible and the graffiti on the walls which looked nothing like the movie at all, the costumes on the demons looked horrible, and while the 3D looked good, there was no reason for it to be 3D at all. It could have easily not been in 3D and nothing would have been lost. None of the scares really got me at all, and them reusing the same demons over and over that wasn't even in the movie was absolutely terrible. However, there is a saving grace. The scare actors were amazing. You could tell that they were trying to pull a good performance despite the terrible material given to them. The demons, despite their costumes being crap, they all did a good job. Same with the people who were recreating the characters from the movie looked nearly identical to the actual actors, You could tell they gave a shit. However, they weren't able to save the maze, since other than that, the maze was a mediocre pile of crap, for a movie that was a mediocre pile of crap. 2/5

Alien vs Predator

Same as last year, good sets, not scary. 4/5

Crimson Peak

After experiencing the let down that was This Is The End, we needed to go in a good maze, and thankfully, Crimson Peak was one of the best mazes of the night. First off the sets. If your gonna make a movie by Guillermo Del Toro a living thing, you need good sets, or your maze will fail. This maze has some of the best sets I have ever seen at HHN. You can definitely tell that the art team tried their hardest and they succeeded at that. And with Guillermo Del Toro approving of it, that means that its amazing. The look of the maze is one of the most important things of making a Guillermo Del Toro movie come to life and they achieved at that. Mixed with the scare actors doing an outstanding job, this was one of the best mazes of the evening, and I have no problem giving it a 5/5

Halloween

This was the final maze of the evening and I knew to go in it last because its Halloween, one of the most terrifying movies ever made. I heard great things about the original Halloween maze from 2009 which made me excited to see what they were gonna do. I was at the scare la reveal of the maze and that made me even more excited for the maze,and it lived up to all the hype since it was one of my favorite mazes of the evening. The sets looks almost exactly like the movie and even though its not hard to do that, it still helps that they did that. All the actors did a good job and it was cool that they had the original mask as something to help them with. Also that room with the mirrors was terrifying and everyone gave it their all. My only complaint about the maze was that it was too short, not much of one but I do wish it was longer, not really something that John Murdy could fix, but still, I wish it was longer. I absolutely loved this maze, and I'll give it a 4.9/5

So there is my review for this years HHN. It took me 2 hours to write, but it was worth it.

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd

Yeah, we did get to do early entry, but even with early entry, it's still almost impossible to see every maze the way things are now.

Oh god that scares me. What part makes it impossible and how could it be fixed (either on the park's part or mine)?

Front Of The Line saves lives. Seriously

And destroys wallets.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

Oh god that scares me. What part makes it impossible and how could it be fixed (either on the park's part or mine)?

The park either has to force people not to line up so early or go back to the old early entry system. Only thing you can do is just be there really early, but that still won't stop whatever line you're not in from jumping up to 2 hours.

Even on a Sunday?

Possibly. No matter how you slice it, if they continue to use this new Early Entry system, we're all pretty screwed.

More info for you both in my review!

I didn't see scare patrol at all during opening night

they were at insidious giving them out idk why

If you're looking for Scare Patrol and have time to spare or aren't running into them, go to the longest line and take a good look around. They are always at the longest, most uncomfortable lines as their entire purpose is to make it LESS uncomfortable and boring. They're in bright orange shirts, you can't miss them.