HHN 25 - Most Anticipated House/Scarezone

Most Anticipated house  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Most Anticipated house?

• The Walking Dead
    • Freddy vs Jason
    • Insidious
    • The Purge
    • American Werewolf In London
    • Anniversary House
    • Run
    • Alice 3d
    • Blizzard

I wanted to wait until the full announcement to post my list.

Houses: 

1. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

2. Insidious/ The Purge (I can't choose)

3. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears/ Asylum in Wonderland 3D (I can't choose)

4. Body Collectors: Recollections

5. Freddy vs. Jason

6. The Walking Dead: The Living and The Dead

7. American Werewolf in London

Scarezones: 

1. Icons-HHN (But the name, my gosh)

2. ScaryTales: Scream Punk

3. All Nite Die-In: Double Feature

4. Psychoscarepy: Unleashed

5. Evil's Roots

Shows: 

Equally excited for both!

I'm very excited to finally attend Orlando!!!!

1. Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem- Being that it's my first year attending Orlando I can't wait to see some of the things I've missed over the years. I absolutely can't wait to walk into this house!

2. RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears- The two other RUN houses in the past looked and seemed awesome! I have always liked this concept and prayed it would one day come to Hollywood but now I get to see it in Orlando so I'm super excited!

3. Body Collectors: Recollections- Again I love the concept of Shadybrook and have always though the Body Collectors look really eerie so seeing them both in one house is gonna be incredible!

4.Freddy vs Jason- Two iconic slashers in one maze... enough said! Will be cool to see how you guys handle the characters, Hollywood did pretty well in their respective mazes back in 2010!

5. Insidious- At first this was much lower on my list as I'm not a fan of the movies nor did I like the 2013 maze in Hollywood but then I saw some pics and a few video clips and this maze looks terrifying! Can't wait to see how scary it actually is in person!

6. An American Werewolf in London- I really liked our maze last year though it wasn't as good as yours looked and with you guys kicking this up a notch I'm sure it will be nothing short of amazing!

7. Asylum in Wonderland 3D- I'm not a fan of 3D mazes but the concept has sparked curiousity but this is Orlando so I'm sure your 3D is different than the crapfest that has been Hollywood's since 2013. 

8. The Purge- This sounds really cool, I loved out Purge zones here in Hollywood but I just can't help to think this could've been something I've been wanting to see at HHN and not a shitty attempt at it like what Murdy did in 2011 but all the SCREAMing aside this sounds cool but how much of the house was changed and tweaked last minute has me worried.

9. The Walking Dead- Meh. I'm curious to see how you guys handle it though... Plus that water scene sounds pretty darn cool!

• Like 1

1. Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
2. Run : Blood, Sweat, and Fears
3. Body Collectors : Recollections
4. Freddy Vs. Jason
5. Insidious
6. Asylum in Wonderland 3D
7. The Purge
8. The Walking Dead
9. AWIL

1. All Nite Die-In
2. Psychoscareapy : Unleashed
3. HHN Icons
4. Scary Tales : Screampunk
5. Evil's Root

I'm sure the list will change drastically later in the event.

The line up sounds amazing, so ranking them is really tough but I'll give it a shot: 

1.) Freddy vs Jason 

2.) Jack Presents: 25 Years of M&M

3.) AWIL

4.) Body Collectors 

5.) Insidious 

6.) Asylum in Wonderland 

7.)  Run

8.) The Purge 

9.) The Walking Dead 

1.) HHN - Icons 

2.) All Night Die In 

3.) Psychoscarepy

4.) Evil's Roots

5.) Scary Tales 

>tfw TWD has 0 votes... not that that's a surprise

Ok so to start things off, my #1 is not what I voted for, since it just recently climbed up there... oops!

1. Insidious (Just saw the movie, and it actually scared me for once! And it's supposed to be frightening from house design alone? ALL MY YES)

2. Alice 3d (I love 3d houses and Alice, so this was my #1 until Insidious happened)

3. M&M (Gothic. 'nuff said)

4. Body Collectors (idk anything about BC or shadybrook asylum, but apparently it's great hhn history, so I'm down. Plus, loving that winter theme)

5. FvJ (Neither franchise spooked me, but hey, they were cool. I'm expecting cool effects on Freddy's behalf)

6. AWiL (Been there, done that, BUT I still enjoyed it then, and will now!)

7. Purge (Wasn't a fan of the SZs from '13 and'14, but last year's slasher house scared the shit out of me, so this should be interesting.)

8. Run (Seems cool, but not scary)

9. TWD (Cool-sounding effects planned, but it's still walkers. I'm still excited for it, don't get me wrong, but the others are cooler)

Scare Zones

1. Scary Tales (YES to the fairy tales, meh to the steampunk. But still, YES)

2. Evil's Roots (As a fantasy nerd, this is pretty intriguing... idk how they'll make it scary, but I have faith)

3. Psychoscarepy (Gory, huh? Can't wait!)

4. All Night Die In (Seems gimmicky, but we'll see)

5. Icons (Gimmicky and not a fan of the showy SZs. Also, I never got to be a part of any of the icons as a relative newcomer. Sorry :T)

Edited by duh1011

• 2 weeks later...

I've refrained from making this list so far because I felt it would be like torture to make it and then have to wait to go. But, I'm going to the event tomorrow night and I think I've waited long enough! Plus, I want to see how my anticipations compares to how I feel about each house after I go through them. Without further ado...

HOUSES

1. Monsters & Mayhem - This will be my 15th year going, so I'm extremely excited for anything that brings back parts of some of the best houses. It's gonna be a blast from the past and I can't wait and some of the things I've heard/read about in this house... I CAN'T WAIT

2. FVJ - 80's slasher films are my favorite horror flicks and (while I wasn't crazy about Jason's house) Freddy's house in 2007 is one of my favorite houses ever. I didn't think I'd ever get another chance to walk through a Krueger film, but I'm glad I was wrong

3. Body Collectors - Having been around to see all their houses, I love the body collectors and paychoscarepy has always put out solid houses as well. So, to see them come together in one beautiful, winter setting, sounds too good to be true.

4. Insidious - I'm not a HUGE fan of the second or third movie, but the first one was great and the sequels seem like they'd lend themselves perfectly to a haunted house. The anticipation has a lot to do with all the positive things that have been said about this house.

5. Run - The original Run is one of the best houses hhn has ever done, created a terror and panic that can't be replicated anymore at the event due to crowds. The cheesy, 80's/90's style of this maze looks like it could be pretty cool in person. This would be much higher, but people haven't been saying good things about it.

6. Alice in Wonderland - Original scarezone in 2008 was great and Alice seems like the perfect property for 3D. While Alice seems perfect for 3D, 3D houses are usually garbage. But, I love Alice so my hopes are high

7. AWIL - One of the best IP houses hhn has ever done. Happy I'll get to see it again but it is too soon to return IMO 

8. The Purge - Not crazy about the movies and the scarezone showed promise last year. But, with it just being thrown over an already built Scream house, I'm not anticipating anything amazing.

9. TWD - Dear lord, I can't wait for TWD to go away

ZONES
1. Psychoscarepy - It's a block party with my favorite psychotic patients, what isn't to love!? Plus the street's sets look really good. Can't wait!

2. Evil's Roots - Classic Halloween theming... feels like home. Excited because I've read that apparently all the characters in it are recycled from old zones.

3. All Night Die In - being a huge film fanatic, especially horror, this is gonna be like heaven for me. Only problem is that it seems to be wayyyyy too crowded in videos.

4. Icons - possibly the worst, most uncreative name ever, but I don't care because I'll get to see some of my favorites from years past and I can't wait to be in the Director's next feature!! 

5. Screampunk - This will probably look really good, but the last scarezone that I really liked in this area was back in 2008.