HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Greek Mythology house? Wasn't that a joke I put in another spec thread "somewhere else" over a year ago? All I can say then is:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Also if it is a Greek House, will we see a return of the Frat Boys?

PS Does this revelation now give credence to that mysterious Dr. Raymond Holmes Inc. list of clues??? Remember, one of his clues for a house was "Hades is waiting".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stairs as were stated could also be the sweeping staircase in the Screamhouse.

Sweeping staircase in Screamhouse? Can some one explain? I've only been attending since HHN18 Which makes me think it could be the stairs in the Body Collector's house. That stair scene in that house was awsome....

Sweeping staircase in Screamhouse? Can some one explain? I've only been attending since HHN18 Which makes me think it could be the stairs in the Body Collector's house. That stair scene in that house was awsome....

Here is the staircase... my apologies to whomever I got these from... I can no longer remember... please take credit if they are yours.

pic 1

pic 2

And there I highly doubt the scene names are code... they weren't supposed to leak and they are very specific

Greek Mythology house? Wasn't that a joke I put in another spec thread "somewhere else" over a year ago? All I can say then is:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Also if it is a Greek House, will we see a return of the Frat Boys?

PS Does this revelation now give credence to that mysterious Dr. Raymond Holmes Inc. list of clues??? Remember, one of his clues for a house was "Hades is waiting".

Perhaps not the frat boys, but maybe Grecian heroes in little more than a short toga...

Sorry, the chauvinist in me got loose.

In all seriousness, the Greek god of sleep and dreams (nightmares?) was Hypnos. Could he be the 'root' we've been wondering about?

Mae

Just found this while doing some maintenance research (I was worried my memory of Hypnos was not as clear as it used to be!) Hmmm....

The Family Tree of Hypnos

Father: Erebus, the deity of Darkness

Mother: Nyx, the deity of the Night.

Wife: Pasithea, the deity of hallucinations

Sons:

◦Morpheus: The Winged God of Dreams, able to take any human form in dreams.

◦Phobetor: He was the one who created the scary dreams. He was the personification of nightmare, taking the form of huge and scary animals.

◦Phantasus: He was the one creating the fake and illusional dreams, and had no animus form.

◦Ikelos: He was the one creating the true dreams, making them more realistic.

And the link for anyone who's curious.

Mae

Perhaps not the frat boys, but maybe Grecian heroes in little more than a short toga...

Sorry, the chauvenist in me got loose.

In all seriousness, the Greek god of sleep and dreams (nightmares?) was Hypnos. Could he be the 'root' we've been wondering about?

Mae

What about Morpheus? You know, this guy:

sandman_gaiman.jpg

It seems to me Bryan once posted this picture as a possible HHN icon about two years ago...

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

What about Morpheus? You know, this guy:

sandman_gaiman.jpg

It seems to me Bryan once posted this picture as a possible HHN icon about two years ago...

Ah yes!! Personally, I think it's brilliant. God of Nightmares, controlling the persons who became the stuff of mass nightmares...working with or against Hades bringing in the armies of the underworld...

Mae

ETA: Or, I suppose, he could have actually 'become' those persons and done the horrible deeds himself...he is a god, after all.

Edited by Mae

What if Medusa was code name for a different character through the years? Who could you compare to Medusa that they have used at Halloween Horror Nights, in the past?

P.s.

About the nightmare/evil/guy, it wouldn't be, THE BOOGY MAN would it? Or perhaps, the Sandman? tee-hee ;)

I love how everyone over complicates every bit of info we get. I know it's a little slow on the Horror Nights news front but don't speculate just to speculate.

That permit list is just code names for the houses. They don't have any significance.

Edited by NightlifeMike

What if Medusa was code name for a different character through the years? Who could you compare to Medusa that they have used at Halloween Horror Nights, in the past?

well if u look at the HHN 15 shirts with the Terra queen on it she does kinda look like medusa but only if u squint your eyes

If I understand correctly the leaked items are room names for the houses. These room names are always descriptive of the room much in the same way that on a DVD menu the names of the chapters are descriptive of the scene, albeit in a usually funny or ironic way.

If these are real, they are most likely good indicators of what the room will have in it.

/spec

It's somewhat interesting with these new clues to look back at old speculations. For example back in early 2008 we had all heard rumors about a female icon "Jill" who would rule over a world of urban legends, fables and nightmares. This was because of such a proposed scenario in a survey from Universal.

In another site's spec thread (as this site had not yet been born!) C_D suggested an evil sandman/boogeyman as an icon for a nightmare themed year. I have posted the picture in a post above. This inspired me to start a thread devoted to Nightmares on that other forum. Now that forum seems to be gone for good and we are all here on a site devoted to Nightmares!

Oddly enough some of that rumor proved true after all as 2008 did have a female icon, Bloody Mary, who did have her own "world" made up of urban legends, fables, legends, fairy tales, and yes, nightmares.

In early 2009 on that same other site many of us were speculating wildly about what the only clue we had "CLASSIC" could mean. I goofed on the definition of classic to mean of or pertaining to ancient Greece and Rome with a rather silly speculation about Greek Mythology. I included a picture of the Greek gods which I will not post here as the somewhat blatant nudity offended a few people back then. (They were only clay figurines, and that's how the Greek gods dressed, or rather undressed, but nevermind.)

Now it appears that they will be using Greek myth in at least one house this year!

Could it be that somebody at A&D reads these sites and uses some of the ideas we throw out in wild speculation? I hope so, because as many have said, often our ideas are rather good and sometimes seem better than what is actually realized.

SO let's keep posting our best ideas! Maybe somebody is reading them and someday we will be able to experience our own nightmare at HHN brought to life!

Better yet, maybe some of our younger people will someday join A&D themselves and bring their nightmares with them!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

It's somewhat interesting with these new clues to look back at old speculations. For example back in early 2008 we had all heard rumors about a female icon "Jill" who would rule over a world of urban legends, fables and nightmares. This was because of such a proposed scenario in a survey from Universal.

In another site's spec thread (as this site had not yet been born!) C_D suggested an evil sandman/boogeyman as an icon for a nightmare themed year. I have posted the picture in a post above. This inspired me to start a thread devoted to Nightmares on that other forum. Now that forum seems to be gone for good and we are all here on a site devoted to Nightmares!

Oddly enough some of that rumor proved true after all as 2008 did have a female icon, Bloody Mary, who did have her own "world" made up of urban legends, fables, legends, fairy tales, and yes, nightmares.

In early 2009 on that same other site many of us were speculating wildly about what the only clue we had "CLASSIC" could mean. I goofed on the definition of classic to mean of or pertaining to ancient Greece and Rome with a rather silly speculation about Greek Mythology. I included a picture of the Greek gods which I will not post here as the somewhat blatant nudity offended a few people back then. (They were only clay figurines, and that's how the Greek gods dressed, or rather undressed, but nevermind.)

Now it appears that they will be using Greek myth in at least one house this year!

Could it be that somebody at A&D reads these sites and uses some of the ideas we throw out in wild speculation? I hope so, because as many have said, often our ideas are rather good and sometimes seem better than what is actually realized.

SO let's keep posting our best ideas! Maybe somebody is reading them and someday we will be able to experience our own nightmare at HHN brought to life!

Better yet, maybe some of our younger people will someday join A&D themselves and bring their nightmares with them!

Brilliant! i agree. I'm sure they read what we have to say and take a idea or two from them

Edited by NowYouKnowJack

Great post Dr. Jimmy. And I personally believe that it would be foolish not to think that A&D reads these boards among others to get some insight into what the fans want to see and to get some ideas. The fans have got to get SOMETHING while the GP gets their media icons. And what better way to find out what we want then reading the fansites of the event you're creating?

Great post Dr. Jimmy. And I personally believe that it would be foolish not to think that A&D reads these boards among others to get some insight into what the fans want to see and to get some ideas. The fans have got to get SOMETHING while the GP gets their media icons. And what better way to find out what we want then reading the fansites of the event you're creating?

I like media icons just saying :o

Edited by Venom

I like media icons just saying :o

I didn't say that the fans don't like the media icons. I was referring to the fact that the main draw for the GP is recognizable characters, and while that's all fine and dandy, the general consensus with diehards is that we like to see some form of original content every year be it in the form of a few houses, an icon, a theme, or a story. Don't put words in my mouth James :P

SS23 Medusa/Gorgon and Army of Hades, that could be a reference to GOD OF WAR (3 IIRC), could the much talked about "Video Game House" be coming to fruition?

If they could find a way to base a house around many video games, that would be great. Idk if I would really enjoy a house based around just the GoW series. But since the 2 scenes we got are only 2 scenes apart, it could be.

Personally though, the Medusa and Army of Hades have a much larger role in myths than just the God of War series and I'd think that this would just be a house based around Greek mythology in general, and not necessarily a video game that revolves around the same premise. Just doesn't seem very likely to me. :\

Edited by Audio

I wouldn't doubt that people from A&D read these forums and get ideas from here so all I'm asking is for HOODIES!!

From what I've heard, which could be wrong, Universal isn't looking to adapt any outside properties this year, but intends to use their own characters - which of course are free.

We had been asking about the Root of all Evil before, we should always remember that the Bible says what that is: "the love of money".

One nice thing about Greek myths is that they are Public Domain and are completely free for use.

I just wanna ask I question to everyone. You guys do remember a scarezone that popped up on the final weekend of the event right? And you do remember the characters involved with that scarezone right?

Absolutely, and I think most of us have been expecting a return of those characters in a, dare I say, rather Iconic reunion year.

Of course, the past Icons for whom myths and legends are most closely related and might play a part in their house or houses are two who did not appear at Shadows of the Past, namely the Storyteller and Bloody Mary. But if they do, then I could see myths as part of their whole "stories and legends" domain.

In fact Greek myths could even be incorporated into a new Scary Tales scenario, although that might be stretching it.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Hokay. First post here. Hey, hi & whatnot. I pretty much spent all day yesterday reading this entire thread to catch up and find out what's going on since...the other place is on hiatus? Anyhoo, I for one, was ecstatic to even get a small glimpse into this years event with the scene names. They could be a throw off, they could be dead on, but either way it's something to ponder.

Now, I'm all for mythology, because aspects of it are in fact creepy, but how could mythology tie in to a reunion/scrapbook/family tree/etc.?

I'm somewhat of an HHN n00b still. Last year was my second year but the first year I got to experience it more than once, so forgive me for not being up to par with my HHN history.

Also, I rather liked the family tree idea & the idea of Hypnos/Morpheus. Anything has to be better than last year right? I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed last year. I just feel they dropped the ball in some areas (costuming & makeup mainly...)

Anyway, there's my 2 cents & they're probably lame. =]