HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Why do some people want returning houses/SZ?

For me, it would be houses that i have not yet to experience. You just mentioned originality in 12-15 right? well, personally i didn't even live in florida or have even heard of Halloween horror nights at that time. Ive read people talk about all these old school house threw out those years that i and a lot of people have never had the chance to experience. there is a lot of new and growing fans of HHN and i guess, a lot of them *including me* wish and wonder about those years past. Its one thing to hear about a house, and its a complete other thing to experience it first hand of course. Earlier on in the speculation, hush mentioned how she would love to relive those memories. i guess it wouldn't be fair for some of the veteran HHN fans that just want something new and i see that but i see HHN population fans growing and growing each year and uni *might* wanna give those fans a taste of HHN history first hand again for those new fans but do it 10x's better then before. of course this is all IMO =)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When old Houses come back there not the same. Sadly if you missed them you missed them That is part of HHN. I have done this since 97 and the houses they redo are similar but not the same. They did back to back years of Scary tales and Screamhouse and it was not the same as the originals. When they are original they have a different feel to them. If they came back and did the Houses exactly as they were the first time old timers would holler, it is a no win.

Trust me when HHN has done a true original it mostly works, 15 was original in theme but the houses were just ok. I would like to see a new beginning of Icons and House just because they have done some of the same themes numerous times...

Well to be honest If they do new stuff I just wish they would do something they have not done yet. How about doing a New Orleans/Voodoo Theme(This one is not my idea it was brought up in Chat last night Just can't remember who it was) and A Pirate theme. I mean if done right both would have perfect chances for great icons. I mean a Evil Witch Doctor/A Very Dark Pirate like Blackbeard would be awesome.

Well to be honest If they do new stuff I just wish they would do something they have not done yet. How about doing a New Orleans/Voodoo Theme(This one is not my idea it was brought up in Chat last night Just can't remember who it was) and A Pirate theme. I mean if done right both would have perfect chances for great icons. I mean a Evil Witch Doctor/A Very Dark Pirate like Blackbeard would be awesome.

That was me :P Feel free to post your Pirate idea in this thread :)http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=694&pid=7778&st=0&#entry7778

So as I read the last few pages about how some people want to see a Dead Exposure scare zone, it got me thinking about how that could be pulled off. My idea? TARPS! Thats right, i said it, tarps. I figure you get some scaffolding to go along the edges of a street such as New York and hang black tarps from about 25 feet maybe? Almost kind of like Asylum in Wonderland. And since it would expand the entire width of the street, overcrowding would not be an issue, yet it would still serve as a claustrophobic element. Put in some strobe lights, fog machines and creepy music and all you have missing is the scareactors.

This was typed on an itouch so my apologies if there are spelling/grammar mistakes.

OMG a pirate theme would give me such joy!!! I like the voodoo idea, too. They could work together, quite nicely, in fact. Those pesky Pirates of the Caribbean were named thusly because there really were a plethora of pirates there during the 17th century. Jean Lafite called New Orleans home, his little shack is still there, as a working bar and the oldest building in the French Quarter. The only problem I could foresee is the negative indications associated with voodoo. Practitioners have been trying for years to make their religion less frightening to the masses and they would not appreciate a 'scare' house being marketed to the masses.

Still, it would be a gorgeous house to see.

Mae

As for why they are bringing back the old icons, maybe they are just getting closure? Have them all at the park for the last time to say goodbye, so we can have a brand new set of icons the following years.

Also, going back to the "I want new original ideas every year!" discussion... Sweet 16 was the reunion, which was acceptable at that time right? 17 had the NLC characters which I thought was great because I love the movies. It's not like they had done these houses and just repeated houses again. Sure we've seen the movies, but it's great to see them as a house too, especially since how they have changed the horror genre. Then 18 WAS completely original with one of the best websites/Legendary Truth. And 19 was during a bad economic time, so I believe they used that year to make as much money as possible by getting the general public more interested in coming by doing something more familiar to them. The Usher was also original... So I say, stop complaining about never getting original ideas anymore and just enjoy the event... who know's what's to come in the following years.

Regarding the pirates theme;a bit like LeChuck in Monkey Island? That kind of pirate/vodoo style, except obviously a lot mor horror oriented as opposed to humour.

Kris

Then I could finally use the line "Hey look behind you a three headed monkey!". But seriously, what kind of pirate name is Guybrush?

Gurbrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate!

On topic:

I want another 3d glasses/funky house like jacks clown-o-vision in 3d or whatever it was called. The glasses really impair your vision, and reduce the colours you can see, really making the scares you get great.

Kris

Gurbrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate!

On topic:

I want another 3d glasses/funky house like jacks clown-o-vision in 3d or whatever it was called. The glasses really impair your vision, and reduce the colours you can see, really making the scares you get great.

Kris

Roger Wilco can mop the floor with Guybrush anyday of the week!

Back on Topic:

I agree Kris, the glasses made the house more disorienting and alot more fun. If they bring back a house in the same vain, it'd be cool if they could also create the illusion of a room spinning around, like the vortex tunnel, but horizontally instead of vertically

I'd also like to see another house like The Hallow, that was one of my favs from 18, and of course another Body Collectors, I never experienced the original, but CotP was one of the most chilling, atmospheric houses I experienced.

Roger Wilco can mop the floor with Guybrush anyday of the week!

Back on Topic:

I agree Kris, the glasses made the house more disorienting and alot more fun. If they bring back a house in the same vain, it'd be cool if they could also create the illusion of a room spinning around, like the vortex tunnel, but horizontally instead of vertically

I'd also like to see another house like The Hallow, that was one of my favs from 18, and of course another Body Collectors, I never experienced the original, but CotP was one of the most chilling, atmospheric houses I experienced.

We've had at least some kind of weird visual House each year for the last three HHN's (2007- Jack's Funhouse, 2008- Dead Exposure, 2009- Chucky), so we'll probably get something along those lines this year.

The Hallow was certainly an awesome House. And, now that you mention it, I'm fairly certain we saw one of those Pumpkinhead guys from it in the preview Scarezone last year! We also saw one of the Body Collectors there, too, so I'm sure they are going to appear this year in some form or other.

We've had at least some kind of weird visual House each year for the last three HHN's (2007- Jack's Funhouse, 2008- Dead Exposure, 2009- Chucky), so we'll probably get something along those lines this year.

The Hallow was certainly an awesome House. And, now that you mention it, I'm fairly certain we saw one of those Pumpkinhead guys from it in the preview Scarezone last year! We also saw one of the Body Collectors there, too, so I'm sure they are going to appear this year in some form or other.

Yup, I remember seeing the Body Collector, my friend even went up to him and asked him if he was a Body Collector, and he nodded lol

A&D should take a page from the Hollywood system by putting 3D at the end of every house title. Body Collectors 3D, Scary Tales 3D...

In all seriousness I enjoy 3D houses. But just one every few years.

Even if we do see revisited houses this year, we know they are going to be different in their own right.

While the overall concept is the same, the storylines are always unique in the fact that they start up where the last house left off...such as Psychoscareapy, Screamhouse, Scary Tales, PUTS, etc.

The Sceamhouse from 2002 was completely different from the ones we saw in 2003 and 2006...same conceptual idea, completely different house and storyline.

So in essence, every year we do get originality, its source is just from a concept started in the past..the storylines within the house are new and move the character ideas forward.

For me personally 2004/2005 were my two least favorite years of the past 19. The original ideas were alright but nothing over the top spectacular. 2004 had some of the worst houses and the whole 2005 Terra Queen concept, never really felt that...to me that particular character wasn't very "Halloween" oriented. Again, only my personal insights.

That being said, I still enjoyed both years...they might not rate up there as my favorites, but I can honestly say that in the past 19 years, there hasn't been a year that I can look back upon and wish I hadn't attended. Every year has it's pluses and minuses, sometimes you get more minuses than pluses and vice versa. But thats what makes each year so much fun, waiting to find out what we have in store for us... ;)

Kris

Couldn't agree more, those weird glasses were awesome! They didn't mess with your sight like "real" 3D glass, but when you went into a room covered in florescent colors and the glasses kicked in, that was awesome. It was just "cool" before, you'd need a bunch of scareactors partially covered in the neon colors to make them jump out at you. That would be awesome.

I've only been atending HHN since '08 so I've never experience a haunted house were you have to wear 3D-glasses but you guys are making seem like they are AWSOME. Soo, do you guys think they were really popular, like do we have a chanc eof seeing one this year cause I'd deff. love that!

<<<I think (like some of you already said) that we won't be seeing updates until after the 18th (WWOHP opening date) but once we start seeing the updates I think they'll bee really frequent. Since Uni will kinda be behind we might be seeing one update by another. That's just my guess......

Yeah the 3D houses were fun while also being a mind f**k at the same time. I'm hoping for one this year, the last 3D house was in 2007 in Jack's Fun House In Clown-O-Vision.