HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK seeing as how I am not a big "reunion year" fan......this is what I am hoping for, after coming to grips with the fact that this is going to be a reunion year year.

I have a HUGE dislike for the idea that UNI should make each room in a this years house's reflect a different house of that year.

Building off of the 8 mazes 8 scarezones idea where the scarezones lead to the houses.....

1) Give each Icon a house

2)Make that house "NEW" tell us a new story about that Icon.

3) Make the scarezone the "scrap book" or "reunion" of the Icons year...or in Jacks case years. Make us walk through thier past and in to their present (new house).

I know there are lots of holes in this..like which Icons ? are you including Crypt Keeper and so on.

Just my own brief idea/hopes.

I hope they keep Bloody Mary in That Mirror she was in, And never bring forth anything with ROF house. I like The all new idea with the Icons story being told. HHN 16 kind of just took us forward with them Going back would be a cool idea.

I bet that if Bloody Mary comes back that she will be the "host" of the event to help us REFLECT on the past years and bring everything that we feared the most and haunt us with Jack, the caretaker, the director and the story teller and possibly the first house that HHN ever had!:D Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary!:)

Although it is as much as a certainty as anything that we now know about HHN XX (which isn't much) that Jack, Caretaker, Director and Usher will likely be back it is a little less certain about Cindy, Storyteller and especially Bloody Mary. Why is this? Is there some sort of sexism here?

Anyway as for Mary, copyright issues aside, the only clue that suggests she may well return is the fact that Legendary Truth has been confirmed for this year. LT was all about Bloody Mary in 2008 and the whole backstory of the organization is all tied in with Boris Shuster's investigations of Dr. Agana. So I think that at the very least, we will see some references to her this year and how her story ties in with the mysterious city of Carey, Ohio and perhaps the other Icons as well.

Hopefully, they will bring her back in a big way, as Reflections of Fear was a house that had so much potential that was never realized. I really want to see a Bloody Mary house done right. It would also be interesting if as I suggested in an earlier post that certain Icons appeared together in conflict with each other. Imagine The Storyteller and Bloody Mary going head to head in a war of tales, fables of Terra Cruentus vs. Urban Legends with us caught in the middle!

I just had a thought! (Terrifying, I know)

I scrap, well, I used to when I had a life, and there is a certain sort of artistry that makes a good page/album. You don't just use one big page and paste pictures on it; you cut out little pieces of decorations, painstakingly punch die-kits(cutting tools that punch out letters & shapes on whatever paper you want), punch out tag holes, document, color, emboss....it's a surprising amount of work. My point is that you cut things up to make other things, better things (a la Frankenstein); what if they are going to cut-up our icons and reassemble them? Not just ideas or characters from the past, but new and terrible creations made from the icons themselves?

There's some obvious choices for this, Jack/Eddie, Director/Usher and Cindy/Albert Caine are nearly immediately come to mind. I've considered some others could be Jack/Cindy (I find this idea chilling.), Mary/Director (She recorded her 'sessions'-why not film them? There was an old projector in her office.), Caine/Jack(The clown got rid of the bodies somehow), Cindy/Mary/TerraQueen, Director/Jack....

Mae

I just had a thought! (Terrifying, I know)

I scrap, well, I used to when I had a life, and there is a certain sort of artistry that makes a good page/album. You don't just use one big page and paste pictures on it; you cut out little pieces of decorations, painstakingly punch die-kits(cutting tools that punch out letters & shapes on whatever paper you want), punch out tag holes, document, color, emboss....it's a surprising amount of work. My point is that you cut things up to make other things, better things (a la Frankenstein); what if they are going to cut-up our icons and reassemble them? Not just ideas or characters from the past, but new and terrible creations made from the icons themselves?

There's some obvious choices for this, Jack/Eddie, Director/Usher and Cindy/Albert Caine are nearly immediately come to mind. I've considered some others could be Jack/Cindy (I find this idea chilling.), Mary/Director (She recorded her 'sessions'-why not film them? There was an old projector in her office.), Caine/Jack(The clown got rid of the bodies somehow), Cindy/Mary/TerraQueen, Director/Jack....

Mae

I know they said to keep these statements to a minimum on here, but I really like that idea Mae. I thought of that too. How the Director/Usher are so very the same and of course Cindy is Albert Caine's child. Now how about Mary/Storyteller? "A book is the magic key to take you where you want to be". Alice through the LOOKING GLASS. Hmmm... Brain storming...

I know they said to keep these statements to a "minimum" on here, but I really like that idea Mae. I thought of that too. How the Director/Usher are so very the same and of course Cindy is Albert Caine's child. Now how about Mary/Storyteller? "A book is the magic key to take you where you want to be". Alice through the LOOKING GLASS. Hmmm... Brain storming...

Thank you! Brainstorming is fun! Another of my favorite speculations is Cindy killing Jack and unifying all of the souls of the children he murdered. They take over the event and all of the houses and scarezones are their devious and deadly 'playdates'.

:D

Mae

Edited by Mae

Thank you! Brainstorming is fun! Another of my favorite speculations is Cindy killing Jack and unifying all of the souls of the children he murdered. They take over the event and all of the houses and scarezones are their devious and deadly 'playdates'.

:D

Mae

What if the Jack-in-the-Box that Jack's body had originally been stuffed into turned out to be one of Cindy's toys all along?

What if the Jack-in-the-Box that Jack's body had originally been stuffed into turned out to be one of Cindy's toys all along?

Ooooo! I like that! What a fun commercial that would be; a little pale hand turns the handle of the box until it's just about to pop out...then pans up to see Cindy smiling. The box opens and she ducks out of frame for a moment, then returns with the remains of the 'jack' in her mouth. And it's bleeding.

Mae

Edited by Mae

I like that idea, Mae.

But, to be honest I think this year's event is going to be like Sweet 16, but even better.

The answer is right in your own signature, evil clowns are delicious!

I always thought they tasted kind of funny...

I would also like to see some new sorts of souvenirs; house specific shirts, posters, maybe even dolls of our icons...Living Dead Dolls could do them!

Mae

Based on the best rumors floating around, I now think I've got a decent picture of what to expect at HHN XX. Of course this is merely my speculation based on a lot of hearsay so keep a salt shaker nearby.

But, this is one example of what I think a typical house this year may be like:

House name: Carnival of Carnage.

Like most houses at HHN recently it has 10 rooms.

1st room: Introduction - Jack, Chance, Tiny and Dr. Pinetti welcome us to the Carnival.

2nd room: Bloodbath - The vampire rave possibly incorporating the Troupe Macabre.

3rd room: Thing assimilation.

4th room: Dead Silence.

5th room: Home for the Holidays.

6th room: Camp Blood with Jason.

7th room: Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

8th room: Dreamwalkers with Freddy.

9th room: Jack's funhouse leading into the 10th and final room where Jack, Chance and many of the main scareactors from previous rooms scare you one last time as you exit the Carnival.

I think that all the houses will follow similar patterns as this, each representing a "big year" from the past with the rooms of the house representing the houses from that year.

If some of the rumors going around are true then many of us already own house specific shirts for this year. heh heh heh.

That would be cheating!

I've gotten into the idea of icon dolls. I know others have taken another sort of doll and modded to make icons but I'm not that talented.

Mae

Pics anyone of all these dead trees?

Here you go!

img0237t.jpg

Based on the best rumors floating around, I now think I've got a decent picture of what to expect at HHN XX. Of course this is merely my speculation based on a lot of hearsay so keep a salt shaker nearby.

But, this is one example of what I think a typical house this year may be like:

House name: Carnival of Carnage.

Like most houses at HHN recently it has 10 rooms.

1st room: Introduction - Jack, Chance, Tiny and Dr. Pinetti welcome us to the Carnival.

2nd room: Bloodbath - The vampire rave possibly incorporating the Troupe Macabre.

3rd room: Thing assimilation.

4th room: Dead Silence.

5th room: Home for the Holidays.

6th room: Camp Blood with Jason.

7th room: Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

8th room: Dreamwalkers with Freddy.

9th room: Jack's funhouse leading into the 10th and final room where Jack, Chance and many of the main scareactors from previous rooms scare you one last time as you exit the Carnival.

I think that all the houses will follow similar patterns as this, each representing a "big year" from the past with the rooms of the house representing the houses from that year.

Thats a good idea BUT I have some problems with it..

1.) If they do that they will be many houses with the same houses.. ST, BC, and PS comes to mind.. The GP will go "WTF" and be lost.

2.) It wont flow right, SS was nice but if it wasnt for the posters then we would have been lost.. They can put house logos before the room but that would be a long ass house.

So I went to UO and saw more trees and they where dead.

They were there to audition and got cut.

Really though if they are to use dead trees as props or theming, would'nt they

be quite brittle by Oct.? I could'nt see them hanging anything on them or have them

close to the guests. I guess they could work in a sound stage where they can control

the enviroment.

As for speculation, this celebrating of the 20 anniversary is not just where they have came from

but also where they are headed, so I hope for a small tribute to years past and on to the next series

of HHN , bigger...better...most importantly ...SCARIER!!!!