HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this year goes old school, that would be awesome IMO. Personally, i moved to Florida in 05 so i wasn't around for past years. this could be a chance for someone like me to experience HHN history/Past first hand :P

It would be amazing even for those of us who have attended since the beginning! What a nice treat to really get a chance to experience the past 20 years all over again...let's hope we do get something along these lines! ;)

This idea really appeals to me for a number of reasons. As those who have visited the currently offline Vault forums may know, one of my obsessions... er, hobbies is genealogy. So the thought that this year's HHN could be all about the Genealogy of Horror thrills me tremendously.

I LOVE this concept Jimmy..."The Genealogy of Horror"...now THAT would be an amazing way to take us back to the very beginning and have a retrospect of the past 20 years! :D

Yea your doing college stuff, I understand.

I can actually see a LT storyline starting to build from what were saying.

I think they been giving us clues the whole time about the 20th.. Look at central park, 400 pumkins and the square root of 400 is 20.

Also that has become a fan favorite/GP favorite area in the park.. What if one of the trees is central park is the answer.. those trees where planted in 1990ish.. first HHN was in 1991. So maybe they got a seed from Cary, Ohio and planted it here.

Its been feeding off are fear for the last 20yrs.

lol I dont know.

Charles,

I think you may very well be on to something here!!!

Kind of like sting theory

We call it M-theory now, as we've moved beyond strings to superstrings and then to membranes. Just think of time and space as one Doctor described it as a big mass of "wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff". Sorry to go off topic, just having a Sheldon Cooper moment.

Ok what if the school house was made from the tree and then the tree grew back? That could like maximize the evil... And then all these icons or stories are somehow linked to the tree and thus linked to the school house and thus linked to carey ohio... or What if its not the tree but what if the icons are literally rooted there? Could the tree be keeping them in carey ohio? Like some sort of guardian? Or watcher? Idk if this sounds like anything feasable please acknowledge. PLEASE READ!!!! Or maybe its disturbing them from moving on? Most of the icons are undead after all.

Edited by Grayve_Robber

I'll laugh my ass off if the code names are...

Pine

Oak

Palm

Cedar

Maple

Elm

Willow

Spruce

LOL! That is how rumors get started! I can already imagine some young YouTuber posting a video about how he heard that Freddy would be back because of your clue "Elm", or a Buffy inspired house because of "Willow"!

Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees!

On the subject of trees, there is an attraction at Alton Towers here in the UK that is based around the idea of a haunted/cursed tree. Here is the pre show video (which is a true story) :

The chained oak is actually still standing in the fields at Alton, and I'm just wondering if Universal would use a historic story, such as the chained oak, to base the event around...

On the subject of trees, there is an attraction at Alton Towers here in the UK that is based around the idea of a haunted/cursed tree. Here is the pre show video (which is a true story) :

The chained oak is actually still standing in the fields at Alton, and I'm just wondering if Universal would use a historic story, such as the chained oak, to base the event around...

Maybe they could bring over bits of the old Enchanted Oak tavern from IOA?

(please forgive this, it is a silly post.)

EDIT - I now will make up for the above with something not-so-silly!

Doug over at My Remote Radio has posted his thoughts about our current theories, quoting and complementing Charles and myself while doing so>http://www.myremoteradio.com/blog/hhn-family-tree

He also reminds us that Albert Caine, the Caretaker originally worked at Shady Oaks Cemetery according to information on the HHN 16 website!

http://websites.horrornights.be/2006site_After/orlando/screamhouse.html

But, this puts a slight damper on the Carey, Ohio theories as this was located in the town of Nobel, Georgia.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

OMG!!!

How could I have not seen this before???

What if Universal has acquired the rights to use the characters from one of their already successful attractions at USO for Halloween Horror Nights and the connecting theme for this year is:

HHN XX: TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!

Well, Carey, Ohio is supposed to be a joke about that middle of nowhere town.. they wanted a real place where probably no one that goes to HHN has actually heard of.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past them to connect them all together.... What other scarezones or events have been in the area that the Skoolhouse was in? TJ said that it was a big clue for us in 2008 that the skoolhouse was there, because it was the center of the event of the plot, and that's the exact center of the park... So what else has been there? Horrorwood is the first one coming to mind right now.

Well, Carey, Ohio is supposed to be a joke about that middle of nowhere town.. they wanted a real place where probably no one that goes to HHN has actually heard of.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past them to connect them all together.... What other scarezones or events have been in the area that the Skoolhouse was in? TJ said that it was a big clue for us in 2008 that the skoolhouse was there, because it was the center of the event of the plot, and that's the exact center of the park... So what else has been there? Horrorwood is the first one coming to mind right now.

It seems to me that Horrorwood and the Skoolhouse are the only scarezones to be in that location. In previous years there was always a stage presentation there.

In 2007 there was the show with Jack and Chance, and in 2006 the show with all the icons. The area was dark in 2004 although Mel's was open.

Before that you have to go back to 2001 and although there was a scarezone in Central Park that year (the Unknown) I don't remember any sort of stage set-up or event. Before that there was always either a DJ or a live band on stage - but in between sets they would "torture" a "guest" while giving a presentation on proper guest etiquette.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Well, that is where they would build the stage for The Arrival and Jack's CoC. I believe they had other shows in earlier years, but Im not certain.

It seems to me that Horrorwood and the Skoolhouse are the only scarezones to be in that location. In previous years there was always a stage presentation there.

In 2007 there was the show with Jack and Chance, and in 2006 the show with all the icons. The area was dark in 2004 although Mel's was open.

Before that you have to go back to 2001 and although there was a scarezone in Central Park that year (the Unknown) I don't remember any sort of stage set-up or event. Before that there was always either a DJ or a live band on stage - but in between sets they would "torture" a "guest" while giving a presentation on proper guest etiquette.

As I said on the other site's forum before it went down, I can really see the Skoolhouse being very central to this year's event. It was a key part of the storyline in 2008 and all of Dr. Agana's patients were connected to it through family ties. I think our icons are tied to this very important location as well although I'm not entirely sure how. I think the Skoolhouse will return as it has been one of the most revered scarezones of all time (well at least since my first HHN in 2002) and I really did miss seeing it in its full glory last year. I love the "tree" theories that have been rooted into the many ideas of what this year's event has in store for us. I can easily see a large tree across from Mel's (hopefully accompanied by the Skoolhouse) that plays a major role in the overall story of HHN past. Carey, Ohio will most definitely return since its true inception into the main storyline in 2008 and the many references that A&D has made towards the mystical town in Nowhere, USA.

I am very excited for this event (as we all are every year) and I am really looking forward to watching the surpringly good speculation continue on this site as the real hints begin being "leaked" or given to us fairly soon. Hauntcon looked pretty amazing and I'm glad that HHN had such a nice showing at the event - of course, it doesn't hurt that a few "clues" were passed our way.

Jeez already?! I'm so excited though of course.

Yep preliminary house construction starts on the SS either this week or next.

I just remembered something. Outside of "The Hallow" we had the terra throne branches. I thought it was just the reuse of props... but You guys might be on to something. It has inspired me. I will be tweaking my entrace I made a few weeks back and putting it on my fan page.