Which ICON would you like to see host HHN 20?

Mark M.

What Icon?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Thy Fate

• Jack
    • Caretaker
    • Cindy
    • Director
    • Storyteller
    • Bloody Mary
    • The Usher
    • All of the Above
    • None of the Above (New ICON)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Jack, I would rather see the Caretaker and Sindy together in one well written storyline for next year. See how creative they could be with making a story elaborate enough that it ties all of the icons together but puts Albert Caine and Sindy as the core of the story. However that being said the whole Jack and Chance wedding story thats been rumored would make an easy tie in for all of the past icons as wedding guests/participants. Just my thoughts on the subject.

D~

As much as I like Jack, I would rather see the Caretaker and Sindy together in one well written storyline for next year. See how creative they could be with making a story elaborate enough that it ties all of the icons together but puts Albert Caine and Sindy as the core of the story. However that being said the whole Jack and Chance wedding story thats been rumored would make an easy tie in for all of the past icons as wedding guests/participants. Just my thoughts on the subject.

D~

I agree with you, should be interesting how the marketing does it next year. Hopefully A&D will get to do there thing without the marketing dept. screwing it up.

Can I be a non-conformist and choose "None Of The Above"? What I'd really like to see is a brand-new, most awesome, uber-terrifying icon for the 20th anniversary. One that will have parents groups protesting because of the horrifying nature of the billboards. One that will make me nervous about even walking in the gates of HHN 20. One that will make Bloody Mary look like Barbie, and will make Jack look like Bozo. One that would make little kids want to give Storyteller a big hug because in comparison she reminds them of grandma. One that makes Usher look like a college kid just trying to earn beer money.

Instead of retreads, let's pull out all the stops and put the HORROR back in Halloween Horror Nights!

Can I be a non-conformist and choose "None Of The Above"? What I'd really like to see is a brand-new, most awesome, uber-terrifying icon for the 20th anniversary. One that will have parents groups protesting because of the horrifying nature of the billboards. One that will make me nervous about even walking in the gates of HHN 20. One that will make Bloody Mary look like Barbie, and will make Jack look like Bozo. One that would make little kids want to give Storyteller a big hug because in comparison she reminds them of grandma. One that makes Usher look like a college kid just trying to earn beer money.

Instead of retreads, let's pull out all the stops and put the HORROR back in Halloween Horror Nights!

I could not agree more. I feel that they will use the previous icons and I really hope that we don't get the rumored wedding scenerio. That way we are sure to get HHN16 pt 2. My feelings are that they may do a mixture of old and new. That would keep everyone happy and you would still have brand recognition and a transition to the next decade of HHN.

BTW, is it SINDY or CINDY?

Edited by F.U.B.A.R.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would gladly take the Caretaker or Cindy; but I seriously don't know if I could deal with Jack being the icon again. Sure he's an easy marketing gimmick, but he's worn out his welcome in my world. The whole "I'm an insane clown and I'll kill you" schtick is something that gets old very quickly...yeah Jack, we get it.

Having Cindy as the icon, I think that would satisfy many longtime HHN fans... ;)

I voted Cindy as well, and for several reasons.

1) We have never seen her as an icon before. So in my book, she is technically new.

2) She is new but not brand new. This is the 20th year of Halloween Horror Nights. You know it will be a reunion year. Why waste a brand-spankin-new icon on an event that will be filled with previously used stuff?

3) Have you ever seen the episode of The Twilight Zone called Five Characters in Search of an Exit? (If not, click here for a synopsis.) I picture something similar but with Cindy being the little girl at the end and the other icons being the 'characters in search of an exit' but she instead takes them and has a tea party (ie. like in her original backstory).

Edited by Black Void

3) Have you ever seen the episode of The Twilight Zone called Five Characters in Search of an Exit? (If not, click here for a synopsis.) I picture something similar but with Cindy being the little girl at the end and the other icons being the 'characters in search of an exit' but she instead takes them and has a tea party (ie. like in her original backstory).

Now THAT would be a great concept and would allow Cindy the chance to be the icon/host...but still leave the door open for previous icons to join her. Good call! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed.